RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Irish 8Ball Pool Challenge:
Date: May 14, 2008 12:57PM
The tournament that was advertised a while back for 8 players for 4,000 euros at 500 euros ahead which then seen players adding there name which ment trying to get 16 players………………

We want to confirm the following entries for this 500 euros per-man event taking place Crazy 8’s Pool Club, Coleraine played alongside 2008 Ulster Open 8-Ball Championship starting on the Friday night 30th May 2008 at 7-30pm sharp…..…….

Confirm Players:
1. Stephen Dempsey
2. Willie Eakin
3. Manny Byrne
4. Brendan Mc Donagh
5. Ronan Fay
6. John Mc Mahon
7. Lee Hull
8. Damien Corrigan

OPEN QUALIFIER:
Name of Tournament: Irish 8Ball Pool Challenge Open Qualifier
Date: Sunday 25th May 2008
Venue: Dee’s Pool Club, Fintona, Co. Tyrone
Time: 6-pm
Closing Date: 5pm on Sunday 25th May 2008
Number of Tables: 4 Supreme pool tables
Format: Straight knockout best 0f 9 ------final best of 11.
Entry Fee: £20 or 30 euros
Tel: 07917887147----from ROI (0044) 7917887147
Email: rbirish8ball@yahoo.co.uk

Note:
All players entering this open qualifier must be at the venue by 5-pm on Sunday 25th May 2008 for 6-pm start as know one will be entered into the draw otherwise……players can pre-enter with full payment of entry fee to secure there place………

Date:
Friday 30th May 2008 --------(¼ -finals & Semi-finals)
Saturday 31st May 2008 -----(final)

Format:---straight knockout:
¼-Finals best of 19 (first to 10)
Semi-Finals best of 23 (first 12)
Final best of 25 (first to 13)

Prize-Money:----(based on 8 players---anymore entries will be added)
Winner:-----2,000 euros
Runner-Up:------1,000 euros
Semi-Finals: 1,000 euros (2 x 500)

NOTE:
All requires or more information contact Ronnie Boyle on 07917887147 or John Mc Mahon (00353 ) 086- 8211302 and full details will be given.…………

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2008 10:37AM by RB.

RB
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish 8Ball Pool Challenge:
Date: June 01, 2008 10:36AM
The weekend past seen a fantastic weekend of pool at the fabulous Crazy 8’s Pool Club in Coleraine which is Avery nice venue with the owner Stephen Warwick and there very friendly staff giving all the players and there friends that travelled Avery warm welcome over the two days which was very much appreciated by everyone including the players and the organisers of Ireland’s Pub Players 8Ball Pool Tour……

Stephen Dempsey stole victory from the jaws of defeat to win the first Irish 8Ball Pool Challenge defeating Brendan Mc Donagh 11-6 in the final on Saturday afternoon at the Crazy 8’s venue receiving the 2,000 euros first prize………….

The 2008 European 8Ball Pool Champion was shocked early on in the ¼-finals (first round) when he was pushed all the way by Ireland’s Pub Players 8Ball Tours number one ranked player Manny Byrne (Newry) who played outstanding pool against the former European champion with both players winning game for game before Manny took the upper hand coming into the closing stages taking a 9-8 lead just needing one game for victory but Stephen showed why he’s a great champion by breaking and dishing to make it 9-9 before clearing up from Manny’s dry break in the final game to run out a 10-9 winner……….

Stephen had further victories over Lee Hull (Coleraine) in the semi-finals and Brendan Mc Donagh in the final to be crowned the first Irish 8Ball Pool Challenge Champion in this fantastic 500 euros per-man event played in front of a fabulous large crowd at Crazy 8‘s venue…….

Highlight:
The highlight for me came in the ¼-finals with the performance that local Coleraine player Willie Eakin put in coming from 5-0 down to defeat John Mc Mahon (Cavan) the former Irish 8Ball Champion and a playing member of Ireland’s International Pool Team that won the World Team Championship getting over the line in the last game on a 10-9 victory……

¼-Finals:
Stephen Dempsey 10-9 Manny Byrne
Willie Eakin 10-9 John Mc Mahon
Lee Hull 10-8 Damien Corrigan
Brendan Mc Donagh 10-5 Ronan Fay

Semi-Finals:
Stephen Dempsey 11-3 Lee Hull
Brendan Mc Donagh 11-6 Willie Eakin

Final:
Stephen Dempsey 11-6 Brendan Mc Donagh

Note:
Report and results from the 2008 Ulster Open and Junior 8Ball Championship will be put up shortly……

Next Tournament:
Entries are being taken for the first Co. Armagh Open 8Ball Pool Championship which takes place this Saturday 7th June 2008 played at the Vintage Bar & Lounge, Lurgan Town Centre with two time-slots in operation 10am & 2pm……………For entries or further information contact any of the following details….

Tel: 07917887147 from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7917887147
Email: rbirish8ball@yahoo.co.uk

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2008 11:27AM
Hi Ronnie

U are posting about 8 Ball events here but u never replied to my question as to why the recent event in Dublin was cancelled. Is the tour now the Northern Ireland Pool tour?

Regards
Fred

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2008 07:14AM
Hi Fred,

Any question you want answered like the one you asked i will answer to any tour member (£20 membership - per year).......but also willing to answer to yourself if you want to contact me direct the same way you do when your entering the odd tournament.............my number is (0044) 7917887147 but i do think you have it anyway….. .........

Answer to the last question...........Is the tour now the Northern Ireland Pool tour? ....................that’s not AVERY CLEVER QUESTION but i will answer it anyway.....…….NO IT’S NOT !!!

Just let me no where there is venues in the Rep of Ireland (other than the Leisureplex and Cork with a good number of tables) which we use on the tour and i would be more than happy to change it to a Rep of Ireland Tour but I would rather keep it the Same way it is….. which is called Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour in case you don't no.........................Rep of Ireland venues for 9ball only…..

Fred as i stated above I will answer any question you ask if you contact me direct as im not getting into any debate on a open forum but there is no problem answering any questions from paid up members and also from yourself as well …..........................but the question you asked Is the tour now the Northern Ireland Pool tour is not AVERY CLEVER QUESTION coming from the likes of yourself knowing the situation of the 9ball game in Ireland..................

Chat Soon

RB

Tel (0044) 7917887147
Email: irelandsamericancuesport@yahoo.co.uk
Web: www.rballsports.com

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2008 09:50AM
I was Just asking a question Ronnie, as u didnt reply to my earlier question,following on from the debate a few months ago on the forum. U also seem to be having a slight dig at me there with the "paid up members" bit, this I think is unfair and uncalled for, if the tour was played in accessible venues I would love to play in all the events as I would be getting more match practice against better players which I need but this is not possible,hence why I was disappointed when one of the events I could actually play in was changed to an unaccessible venue. I personally think 2 venues is enough in order to balance the amount of events played North and South more fairly, I think the events in the North are by and large played in just a couple of venues also (sorry if I am wrong on this but I think its correct) so Plex and Mardyke are enough clubs to promote the game in the South also which we all want to see, whether people want to travel is very much another question.

I dont want this to be an argument between us Ronnie I really respect what you have done for our sport, I just asked a question.

Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here