BarryMcCarney
(84.13.39.---)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
predator cues and other 9ball stuff
Date: February 19, 2007 06:58AM
i have found a website that i think is very useful as it has alot of 9ball equipment and cheapish predators. the company is based in england and postage is only £5 on any thing. I bought my predator off it and am waiting on my bk2 to come as well of the same site. the site is www.trickypool.co.uk if any one is looking for 9ball equipment i would strongly advise looking at this site.

Gareth
(---.ntlworld.ie)

Re: predator cues and other 9ball stuff
Date: February 19, 2007 04:47PM
Barry,

I'm glad to hear you got a good deal from them. But itís a pity that they only stock Sneaky Petes and not Predator's main range of cues, not to mind their Special Editions.

Where do you choose the weight of the cue on their site? It has to be somewhere. It would be pretty shocking to have a site selling Predators (or any american cue) that doesnít allow you to choose the weight of your cue. (They donít seem to know Predator offers 3 different tips on 2nd Gen shafts either).

I know I'm biased, but there are a lot of better sites that offer a far greater range of cues and equipment, and have the expertise to back it up. Granted you might have to pay a few euro to ship it over, but a good cue lasts a lifetime and its well worth the extra few shillings, IMO.

If you are happy with you cue, I'm delighted, but buyer beware.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(---.range86-148.btcentralplus.com)

Date: February 19, 2007 05:24PM
3 different tip sizes???? what are they????

paddy number 1

Date: February 19, 2007 05:28PM
i read it wrong!!!!!!!! lol

paddy number 1

Date: February 19, 2007 07:35PM
www.platinumbilliards.com!!!!

BarryMcCarney
(89.243.12.---)

Date: February 20, 2007 02:58AM
i know its a shame that they only stock sneakypetes but you specify your weight when sending payment and noticed that to about the tips as i was thnking of getting a sniper. Garath how much would a predator sneakypete steel joint be of platinumbilliards.com after all the customs charges were put on it?

Post Edited (02-20-07 10:59)

Gareth
(---.ntlworld.ie)

Date: February 20, 2007 08:23AM
Platinum's prices are the lowest of any billiard store on the net. We also give the widest range of shipping options to our customers. In answer to your question, a lot depends on exchange rates and the value listed on the parcel. Today for instance, I reckon a Predator SP4RJ would end up after customs/shipping costing around $40 less from Platinum than Trickypool.

But my point isn't really about cost. I know an Irish pool player who bought a 4K1 with 314 shaft from a popular UK site (not Trickypool I may add). He showed it to me and I saw straight away that the ferrule had been replaced by a non-predator ferrule, thus totally changing the performance of the shaft and making it virtually worthless. This was sold to him as new.

I'm not for a minute saying this is common, but I think players and dealers in the UK and Ireland are still learning about American cue technology (like Predator's). When you have the option of buying from a company whose sales manager worked for predator for 8 years, whose warehouse is 5 mins from predators warehouse and who are regarded in the industry as predator experts, I know which one I'd choose.

Compared to a site that lacks basics like 'weight' and 'tip' options, it makes you wonder what expertise they have. I'm very familiar with the software they use, and it would be simple to put those options on their Predator pages. Which begs the question why they haven't. They may well be brilliant at what they do but their site would put me off.

Just my opinion, horses for courses.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

dean largey
(---.range86-146.btcentralplus.com)

Date: February 23, 2007 02:50PM
gareth ,
i know u no alot about cues thats why i am asking u these questions and no one else as u no alot and like u were sayn bout the ferrule thing tats true!! i trust u to be able to help us juniors spend the right money of what we do have on a good cue.
thank you gareth and your continuos help>

i relied to ur comment on the forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here