Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(---.range81-158.btcentralplus.com)

Custom American Pool Cue!
Date: May 11, 2005 07:10PM
I'm looking for a Custom Made cue stick, But I'm not gonna look for a local cue maker for anywhere int the uk cos there's not a single one that can put wraps on cues or install inlays as they don't want to invest in the equipment reqired for this and I'm looking for suggestions of Real cue makers!

I've saw the all rages of stock cues and there's not a single one from any company that has so much as fizzled on my interest scale!

Any suggestions will be gladly welcomed and I already have spoken to Jack Meadden and I'm interested in one of his cues, but I'm waiting until he gets back to me about his new cues!!!

any suggestions welcomed!

Thanks everyone!

Willie

Pajo
(212.219.92.---)

Re: Custom American Pool Cue!
Date: May 16, 2005 06:21AM
Willie.

I just bought one of Jack Maddens ques last week (http://www.johnmaddencues.com), he seems to be very well kitted out wih a good workshop. I found him excellent to deal with and my new que is due this week. I will be at the Navan tournament on Sat, and I will hopefully have it for then so you can check out the quality.

Pajo

(---.range81-151.btcentralplus.com)

Date: May 16, 2005 06:35AM
Thanks Pajo

Unfortunately, I'll not be at Navan, But I'll be in belfast next Saturday!

Thanks for the reply and I'm waiting on a quote From john on a cue design I have, but I'll be glad to take a look if you're in Belfast, if it does arrive in time for you which I hope it does, cos waiting is the worst thing about buying anew cue stick!

Thank you again Pajo and I hope to see you there next week and god luck in Navan!

Willie

Pajo
(---.lns5-c7.dsl.pol.co.uk)

Date: May 19, 2005 01:38AM
How do Willie!

The new lady from Montana arrived yesterday ........ and she looks good.
She will make her debut in Navan on saturday and also hopes to make it to Belfast.
8 day turn around from day of purchase from Jack. I had fears of waiting for 3/4 weeks before meeting her.
An easy, quick and reliable service from Jack Madden.

See in Belfast.
Pajo

ps. Finally got the chance to meet Alex Higgins last wednesday.
He filled in at the last minute for Jimmy White at an exhibition match.
He started off slowly but finished in a blitz of magnificent shots and all the old character came to the surface, I got some nice pics of the master in action.
I see his name on the members board and a pic in the gallery, is he still active in the 9 ball league? or was that a one off.

Dillon
(---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)

Date: May 19, 2005 02:00AM

one off!!!!!!!!!!!

(---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)

Date: May 20, 2005 04:36AM
Hi Guys.

Pajo, Thank you for the info buddy as I'm looking forward to seeing what detail is in the cue stick, but I know that Jack does make some really fine cues!

I hope the new lady of the house and don't worry if you don't play good with it to start as it can tke up to 6 months to really get used o a pool cue, but I think that you'll play good!

Thanks again buddy

Willie

BTW, When Alex Higgins played in the All Ireland champs last year, I had the honour to referee for him in his 1/4 final match and he still has it, but not as much as he used to.

Hi Dillon, How are ya buddy?

I'm sorry if I seemed to have ignored ya dude, but I'm hoping to see you legendary Dublin players in Belfast!

Take care buddy and give the guys down there my best wishes.

John Madden
(---.blackfoot.net)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: May 25, 2005 08:51PM
Pajo
I am glad to see you are pleased with the turn around time on the cue. I try to treat customers like I want to be treated. You will do good with the cue. I played pool long before I started building cues so I know what a player wants in a cue.
Willie
I have had a heck of a time with getting my emails to you. So I am not sure what you have received or not. But when you are ready let me know -even if we have to do this via the postal service. And since I don't think the some of the emails worked, I am going to try to post a picture of a forearm of a cue that has just been sold but will give you an idea of a different point style that is just starting to be done in the US. This is a recut point (not cnc or veneered) - I actually cut another point into a point. Its an ebony forearm, 6 holly points (3 high & 3 low) with 3 purple heart points recut into the 3 high holly points. The inlay diamond is Alaskan moose antler.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com

(---.range81-151.btcentralplus.com)

Date: May 26, 2005 12:20PM
Hi Jack!... I hope you're keeping well buddy!

I like the description of the cue stick that you have mentioned, I like the idea of a ebony forearm with 8 points of Mother of Pearl, (4 up & 4 down) with the same pattern being repeated in the butt again with ebeony as the lumber of choice!

I'm going to look again at your website to see if there's any new photo's of any newly made cues as well as the ones already on your site and I hope that you could give me a price on how much it would cost to have the 16 Mother of Pearl point cue made!

I have recieved one e-mail so far and I'm anaware of any other msg that have been sent, I hope to get any e-mail that you send as I'm keen to have a decent pool cue in my hands within the next few months!

Take care buddy!

Willie!

Russ Simpson
(---.nocal.dialup.o1.com)

Date: February 16, 2006 11:07AM
Guys, Has anyone heard of or know of a fairly new cuemaker in Ireland by the name of McCoy?

I recently purchased a unmarked cue on eBay that the seller claims was made by a fellow named McCoy from Ireland. That's all he would say.

Cue is very good-high quality and plays as well as my really expensive sticks.

Hope someone can help. Hope the seller wasn't just lying to me and the damned stick was actually made in China.

Thanks, Russ

This Thread has been closed