Baz Keane
(193.1.45.---)

Decent Cue
Date: January 31, 2005 06:22AM
Am looking for a decent second-hand pool-cue.

If anyone has info or a cue e-mail me on barrykeane_@hotmail.com.

Please put "Reddish" in the subject, otherwise I might delete it by accident!!!

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)

Re: Decent Cue
Date: February 04, 2005 02:20AM
HI BARRY

Your best bet is to buy a new cue and I say this because I know quite a few players that have had a bad experience buying a 2nd hand cue.

Now to be honest with you I would be happy if you got yourself a new cue stick, now it doesn't have to be a top make cue. (although this would be better for you)
As a player and a freind I would suggest that you take a look at these websites

www.platinumbilliards.com

www.americanpool-network.co.uk

www.9ballcues.com

there are loads of other sites but these are by far the best and I would recommend that If you're going to buy a cue for playing 9-ball then I would strongly advise that you buy a break cue or jump/break cue as this will prevent your regular cue's ferrule splitting or worse.

AS far as a 'Playing' cue goes it's a matter of what weight the cue is, what diameter the shaft is for using the 'Closed Bridge' and whether you prefer a soft or hard cue tip.

And as far as 'Break' cues go, You would be better to buy a 'Jump/Break' cue that has a realy hard cue tip on it so that it's easier to break the balls and also jump shots which are a necessary shot in 9-ball can be made easier.

I can't tell you what particular make to buy or not to buy, But I would recomend that you buy the 'Furt' jump/break as this is the best break cue on the market so far.

Anyway good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

CHEERS

Willie

David Deegan
(---.bas503.dsl.esat.net)

Date: February 04, 2005 04:10AM
Hi Will,

Furt ? you meant 'Fury' right?

Regards
The Spellchecker

Date: February 05, 2005 12:17AM
Yes that's right it's because i'm using this cheap keybord.

Baz Keane
(193.1.45.---)

Thanks
Date: February 08, 2005 04:13AM
Thanks Willie,

Will look fordward in seein you in Donegal. (Unless ill see you in Birr at the Intervarsity Championship's?)

Although still not 100% in going to Donegal as I am not prepaired for it. Actually thought it was the Feb. 26th.

Again thanks for the info...

Baz

Baz Keane
(193.1.40.---)

My Choice
Date: February 08, 2005 05:53AM
Could someone please tell me if this would be a decent beginners breaking cue. All i want is a cue other then my playing cue. One which is strong and basicly just does the job for now...

[www.platinumbilliards.com]

Remember the main reason i've picked it is because of the price!!!

Cheers

Baz

Baz Keane
(193.1.40.---)

Or...
Date: February 08, 2005 05:57AM
Actually maby the Scorpion Break/Jump Cue on this page would be better...

[www.9ballcues.com]

Again Thx

Baz

Gareth
(---.bas504.dsl.esat.net)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: February 09, 2005 05:33AM
Hi Baz,

The cues you mentioned are very good break sticks. If you havenít seen it already, its worthwhile looking at [www.platinumbilliards.com]. Itís the only independently produced report on break cues.

The cue I would recommend is the Fury JB (http://www.platinumbilliards.com/product_info.php?products_id=1001989). Itís not only the fastest break cue around but the jump cue is awesome. I handed it to two players recently, both had never jumped before. The two of them jumped first time and one of them potted the object ball. (Good job we werenít playing for money.)

If you are at any of the Irish Tour events, you're welcome to try my Fury JB.

Gareth Deegan
Webmaster
www.irish9ball.com
www.platinumbilliards.com

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Date: February 10, 2005 03:02AM
Hi Gareth

I like the Idea of havi a fury J/B as that's the break cue I got to use in the Qualiryer weekend before last and the cue is so fast the=at in order to control the snowball you have to hit it 95% true thats how good this cue is and I would recommend everyone to buying one asap because they are most definitely worth it.

See Ya SAT!

Willie

Baz
(193.1.40.---)

Cheers
Date: February 15, 2005 05:07AM
Cheers lads for your time answering my queries...

Just to let you know that thanks be to god, i am going to donegal, nice one!!!
Oh, and Gareth, I might take you up on that offer due to the price of them, cheers...

Being a dummie to that game will explain this question, a jump shot is chipping a numbered ball with the snowball?

Anyone here compete in the European Championship Qualifier, or here how is went?

Date: February 16, 2005 03:15AM
Hi Baz

I competed in the qualifier and got bt 9-8 to Anthony Duffy, But Paul Strawbridge won the event as He played well all day, But in a close final he bt Ronnie 9-8.

See you all soon!

Willie

This Thread has been closed