thedean
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Unsportsmanlike conduct
Date: June 06, 2005 10:14AM
Disclaimer: no names or clubs have been mention in the post below (though I would dearly love too) to protect the guilty.

Over the past several months in numerous comps I've been in, I've noticed a growing trend of...shall we say......"underhanded distraction techniques" by quite a lot of players.

Some may argue that this is part of the game......THIS OPINION IS TOTAL CRAP !!!!!!

What really does it for me is that most of the people who do this don't need to do

DONT YOU MORONS REALISE THAT YOUR DESTROYING THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME !!!!!!

thedean
(IP Logged)

Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct
Date: June 12, 2005 10:00AM
MY Oh My.....hasn't it gone all so quiet....no replies and no comments

Just goes to show I was right...

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: June 12, 2005 11:24AM
Hey Buddy!^_^

I know what you mean cos it was the same when I mentioned the same problem buddy!^_^

I was hoping that someone would have the balls to reply, but unfortunately no-one wants to risk it and I'm very disappointed because on the SAPPA forum, everyone comlains about the conduct of others or about poor clubs and no-one says a dickie bird to the posters about it, not even the club owners!

Anyway, it's worth a try, Tkae care buddy and I'll see you soon

Willie.

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: June 13, 2005 01:27AM
Hi lads

I haven't had to bear this behaviour personally (or else i was playing too poorly to be put-off!) but i have heard many complaints about certain players. It's not something any of us want to see creep into the game in this country. Perhaps they will grow out of it. The players I've heard mentioned are talented and could have a good future in the game but they should know there are many of us who will not bear this carry-on silently.

It requires all of us, spectating or playing, to publicly but politely ask the culprits to stop what they are doing as it could be off-putting to their opponent. Perhaps we can embarass them enough so that honest players with respect for the game, their opponents and themselves won't have to bear it anymore.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having far more respect for the man (or woman) who loses 9-0 having played the game in the right way than for a super talented player who resorts to "sharking" to help them win.

Well that's the end of my longest post yet!

Joe

p.s. Willy Dines is 4/6 with Paddy Power for the title of 1000th poster!! smiling smiley

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: June 13, 2005 10:03AM
Hi all
I would not like to think this sort of behavior has happened at club 9
and if so I would like to know so I could do something about it
this is known as sharking and is disgraceful and not acceptable
from my experience sharkers allways lose in the end

(IP Logged)

Date: June 14, 2005 11:44AM
If I could find a bill and ben in my flapper to have a little wager on it I would, but my eyesight would fail me in placing the bet on the right bloomin bet anyway!^_^

Dillon
(IP Logged)

Date: June 14, 2005 02:00PM
huh

johnwims
(IP Logged)

Date: June 14, 2005 05:40PM
i had someone ask me outside for a fight during the final of the last tournament i played in, the tournament organiser was not in the club to sort it out.

some of these imbiciles would put you off playing in these tournaments alltogether, but then they might get the cash.

its like playing in a rowdy pub half the time these days

johnwims
(IP Logged)

Date: June 15, 2005 03:18AM
dont you remember me playing sam in club 9 final?

plenty of sharking going on then from the derry camp

paddy mc loughlin
(IP Logged)

Date: June 15, 2005 07:30AM
i will vouch for john wims there!!!!! I have played in a few finals and the behavior is a joke cause there are some pretty jealous players on the tour. When they arent in the final themselves they act like fools.

I THINK A BAN ON DRINK AT ALL TOURNAMENTS SHOULD BE EffECTIVE FROM THE NEXT EVENT?

If this tour is to move forward and be professional and respected throughout the world then we should take action cause if not someone at an event is gona get hurt.

(IP Logged)

Date: June 15, 2005 10:12AM
Hey guys^_^... How are you all?...

Welcome back John and Paddy^_^

I agree that there shouldn't be any drinking alchohol during a tournament at any time, but it's not up to me, but if it was then I wouldn't have allowed it from the beginning!

I'm getting to the point that if players can't play a tournament sober, then it shows that they are weak cos they can't handle pressure of the match and they should go back to practiceing and play without any liquor, otherwise they would be better giving up!

I know what I say may be a little harsh, but it's a fact of being a player, either you can handle it or you can't!

I'm with your idea on a Drinking ban on players that are still in the tournament, but any player that isn't can drink away so long as they keep their mouths completely shut and let the guys have a fair match without interruption!^_^

If that ever happens again john at Club 9 or anywhere, then let the tournament director know as soon as possible even if it's after the event cos sharking is one thing that shouldn't be tollerated by anyone!

I hope to see both you guys at the next 'O2' Pro Shootout in 3 weeks time, untill then take care guys and I hope to see you all then^_^

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here