Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Cue & case for sale
Date: May 03, 2005 11:07AM
Hi everybody,

I am selling my Predator BK Break Cue. I also have a Cheddar Classics Patchwork case for 3 Quarter Butt Jointed cue for sale. Any serious offers contact me on:

freddinsmore@hotmail.com.

Regards

Fred

Fred Dinsmore

mark(the bear)
(IP Logged)

Re: Cue & case for sale
Date: May 10, 2005 02:43AM
what kind of money r u lookin 4 ur cue and case anything around 120-150 and i would maybe be interested

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 11:31AM
Hi Mark

The Case u could have for 100 Euro which is very cheap for a Cheddar Classics case but remember it is for a 3/4 joint cue.

The Predator BK I think 220 Euro as they are so expensive new to buy and they do hold their value so well, I think this is a fair price also for this.

Regards
Fred

Fred Dinsmore

Dill
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 11:55AM

Your price is a joke, 150euro for the break cue and the case is worth 70euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l8r

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 01:32PM
Hi Guys

I disagree with you Dill cos the Cheddar Classics cases are hand made and are worth quite a bit and normally those cases sell at 150 even 2nd hand, but It depends on the condition of the case, but I can say that Fred looks after his equipment and that you're getting a beetter price than you realise, but it's up to Fred on this one!

I hope you're keeping well Fred and I hope to see you on the tour soon buddy!

thedean
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 01:41PM
Hi all...

I think Willie has a made a fair point, I also think that certain people should stop posting inflammatory messages just to get a reaction, to be honest its kinda sad and pathetic.

This forum was not meant for this !

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 01:45PM
Dill,

Maybe you can tell us where you'd get a used BK for that price in Ireland?

A new one shipped from America will cost 360 Euro (inc. ship and taxes). Thats if the shop has them in stock, if they don't it'll be 6 months.

220 euro is a good price, IMHO.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2005 06:07PM
Gareth is right cos he's a Predator Rep for Ireland/UK and he knows what he's talking about, but I'm not in any way saying you don't!

Cues as good as Predator are not your regular cheap price rip off contraptions that when you break the ball, you also break the cue at the joint and you will never get that with a Predator!

If you want the best, you're gonna have to lash out a for otherwise you can't expect to get your value out of a cue and a snooker cue is no use for American Pool what so ever!

I gotta admit that it's a damn good deal at the price that is being offered and if you want it, then you be best to grab it while the chance is there cos someone else will get there before you and you'll only miss out on a good buy, but it's entirely your decision and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide!

Take care guys and I'll catch ya all in Belfast!

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: May 11, 2005 10:34AM
Hi Willie, Gar, and "Dill"

I will reply to everybody, firstly "Dill" I am not impressed with your "rip off" reply, the other people who gave their opinion are all very knowledgeable and consider the prices fair and I believe the prices I am asking are fair. I am around Cue Sports too long to "Rip people off" and I resent any such accusations, if you dont want to buy them u dont have to.

Hi Willie good to hear from you, yes I am hoping to play in Navan but the date clashes with our Irish Championships (it is a rule if I want to play in Internationals I must play in this event) but we might be able to get them to move dates we will see. It was a pity u missed Holland it was a great event even though I am still a bit miffed to only get Bronze, the match ball I missed to get into the final was pathetic.

Gareth and The dean thanks for your input. I very much respect your opinon Gareth and if you had advised that the price was incorrect I would have amended it.

As I said I have no desire to rip anybody off I think that would effect my reputation and that would be a bit counter productive wouldnt it??

Fred

Post Edited (05-11-05 20:51)

Fred Dinsmore

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: May 11, 2005 10:47AM
oops

Just read msg again I thought "The Dean" was Dillon sorry if I am wrong and thanks for replying whoever it is!!!

Fred

Fred Dinsmore

niall mc dermott
(IP Logged)

Date: May 11, 2005 11:06AM
hi guys,just a quick line to back up what fred,gar and willie were saying,anyone who knows anything about the quality of pool cues, especially predator cues would know how much they are worth and how much they cost new.fred 's price is extremly fair and anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't a clue about the game, they might aswell be playing tiddly winks.

niall.............

(IP Logged)

Date: May 11, 2005 12:06PM
Hi Guys!

I agree with you 100%!

Dillon
(IP Logged)

Date: May 12, 2005 01:32PM
Hi Lads!

I'd like to apoligise for my comment about the price of the cue I was only having a laugh and I did'nt mean anything bad by it.

Predator cues are very expensive I should know coz I have one myself and Fred's price is very fair.

Sorry again Fred I honestly did'nt mean anything by it, and I would also like to apoligise to anyone who took offence to my stupid joke!

Regards
Dillon

(IP Logged)

Date: May 12, 2005 02:20PM
Hi Dillon

I don't didn't take any offence buddy, I don't think that they were getting at you as such, I think it was more of the case of new players looking in at the forum looking in to find out about prices of GOOD Pool Cues, being right intsead of your everday Tom, Dick or Harry expecting to get a custom quality cue for 15 or 20 and you know as well buddy that when it comes to getting a DECENT cue, then you're gonna have to lash out a few nicker!

I didn't take offence buddy and I think that the guys would understand now what you meant!

Take care buddy and I hope to see ya in Belfast!

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: May 13, 2005 12:30PM
ok cheers Dillon

Fred

Fred Dinsmore

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: May 16, 2005 01:15AM
to be honest i laughed when i read dillons reply.....ive only got to know dillon from when we were in holland.and that reply is the "mark of the man"...i knew straight away he was only kidding.....especially since he and fred obviously know each other well.
kinda surprised some of his other friends didnt pick up on it a bit sooner....
but no harm is done ( now), as he and fred have it sorted......
but as a few people have mentioned,only someone in cuckoo land is gonna expect to get a quality cue like a predator for buttons....

you get what you pay for when it comes to pool cues .........

by the way.........like the new look site gareth.....congratulations

(IP Logged)

Date: May 16, 2005 06:19AM
Hi Paul, How are ya buddy?

I agree with ya and I think that it is carzy to expect to get the best equipment for the nothin, well unless you're gonne get sponsored by the compnay!

I think that it was all one big wind up in a way and I can say that they got me a little with it, but daying that I wasn't sure if it was the Dillon we know or another new guy on the forum, but I goofed!

I second the congrats and it's a nice change to the site!

It's good to hear from ya on the forum paul and I'll see ya in belfast next weekend, Give all the guys up there my best and take care buddy!

Willie

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: May 16, 2005 06:46AM
Cheers Paul,

Glad you like the new layout.

Sometimes on threads, like this one for instance, I have to delete posts (for various reasons.....all bad). The problem is, reading the thread afterwards can be a bit like watching a censored movie. Some peoples reactions might seem a little odd without knowing what went on before smiling smiley

But as you say, alls well that ends well winking smiley

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: June 18, 2005 07:21AM
have you sold the break cue fred?

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 18, 2005 02:14PM
Hi Paddy

No I still have it, I am playing in the Palace next week if u want me to bring it along

Fred

Fred Dinsmore

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here