malaguista
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Congratulations Fred
Date: March 21, 2004 12:30AM
This website seems a bit slow to me, you should be singing the praises in your headlines of an obviously fine player Fred Dinsmore who took the European Championship 9 Ball event from another very good player Henrik Larssen.
Well done Fred, I live in Spain and when I am next in Dublin, later on this year, I will look you up to congratulate you personally.

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Re: Congratulations Fred
Date: March 21, 2004 06:58AM
Malaguista,

I would agree wholeheartedly with your comments about Fred and take this opportunity to congratulate him on winning his first European Championships.

Youíre obviously new to our site. Fred is Irelandís top wheelchair player and we often carry stories about him. Probably more than any other player.

Iím sorry you feel the site is slow. I donít know what youíve been told about us, but we generally strive to get news of Irish players up on web within 48 hours. Weíre not funded by any federation (there isnít one in Ireland) and we receive no sponsorship. Its run by volunteers who are trying to increase the popularity of 9-Ball in Ireland and put something back into the game.

Gareth Deegan,
Webmaster,
Irish9Ball.com.

P.s. If you were at the EPBF Championships and saw the final or met Fred, feel free to post in a report of the match.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: March 21, 2004 03:57PM
Thank you

Regards

Fred

(Also thanks to this site for covering my win)

malaguista
(IP Logged)

Date: March 23, 2004 12:07AM
My comment regarding the slowness of the site was not meant to offend, it was only that I was surprised that the whole world knew about Fred's win before it was published on the Irish site
Sorry, I wasn't at the EPBF Championships for reasons which I won't go into here and therefore didn't meet Fred although on my next trip to Ireland I will look him up and any other players a reasonable distance from Dun Laoghaire where my in-laws live.
I am very involved in the organisation of the pool scene in Spain and among other things cover international matches for our websites, www.confederacionpool.com and www.elbillarandaluz.com
Our federation organises various tournaments each year and now that I have found your website I would like to post details as and when available.
Our main tournament which is not an open attracts between 1500 and 200 players while our biggest open tournament which is a BCA Rules 8 ball tournament attracts around 500 players.
We would love to see some Irish players over here.
One last thing, why aren't you promoting American 8 Ball as well as 9 Ball, it is a very popular game over here?

The Outlaw
(IP Logged)

Date: June 20, 2004 11:40AM
Well done Fred on your european follow up to your world title of 2000.

have seen your pic ,etc., up on irishpoolassociation.ie

Tom Hynes says to say hi

William Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: June 20, 2004 02:20PM
HI fred

I also wish to congrdulate you on your title win in Europe even though I met you in Letterkenny, but I think that your acheivements stand out as a signal to other pool players who may have given up because of having some sort of accident that may havelos their walking ablity, to pick up their pool cues again and not to give up as there are so many people including myself that take walking for granted and it goes to show that yo don't have to walk round a pool table to be a champion and you have proved that by becoming 2000 World Champ and 2004 Euro Champ as well.

CONGRATULATIONS FRED

`THE WIZARD`

THE MAGIC STOPS HERE!

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 28, 2004 12:22PM
Thanks everybody its nice to have suport like that - and if anybody wants a game just reply to my other msg

Regards

Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here