gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
New first for Ireland at the European Pool Championships.
Date: April 01, 2012 06:33PM
Ireland has for the first time won 3 medals at the European Championships, thanks to some great play by Fred Dinsmore, who finished the tournament with a bronze in the 9-ball. This follows up a silver for him in the 10-ball and bronze in the 8. Despite not winning a gold, Fred's play showed he's probably the in form player in Europe and the World right now, with wins over Tathi and Larsson in these championships. He also has the distinction of winning a medal in every event he entered at this year's championships, a feat only matched Jasmin Ouschan of Austria. Thanks to Fred, Ireland's medals tally at this years EPC is 7th in the list of 34 countries taken part.

Team Ireland's other player at the EPC was Irish No.1 Paddy McLoughlin. Despite showing flashes of brilliance, Paddy's championships were dogged by a bad draws in every event, which meant he had to fight against former champions from the word go.
But the Warrenpoint man, showed that European competition is where he should be, and the highlight of his week was probably the match against former European Champion Ivica Putnik. The match was fairly even throughout, but when it went hill-hill, paddy play a great safety on the two-ball, practically guaranteeing the match. But the lucky Croatian played a heavy kick shot sending the two ball flying up and down the table twice, eventually sinking into a pocket. It kind of summed up Paddy's event. On a different day, the results would have showed how good Paddy is on the European stage.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Re: New first for Ireland at the European Pool Championships.
Date: April 11, 2012 04:33PM
Thanks for all the updates on the site during the EPC Gar.
It was a good event, good results but SO close to being an amazing result. The feeling was so different after last years IPBA fiasco!

It was however disappointing Paddy got some undeserved negative comments during it as did I before it. But I won't say anything else on that unless Paddy wants to!

Paddy was very unlucky but with some changes and better luck hopefully next year will be better,
Just needs more matches at that level by playing in eurotour. I know there's a couple of improvements I need to make but this has been a huge progression!

Fred

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: April 12, 2012 01:54PM
Well done again Fred. You and Paddy represented Ireland well, over in Luxembourg.

Yeah, I heard something about that. Some Irish player was writing scurrilous remarks about members of the Irish team on facebook. Its a pity that jealousy and self interest still pervades part of the sport here. It's sad when people can't pull together.

But the best way to counter those that bad-mouth others in the sport, is to go out there and do the talking on the table, which is what you and paddy did, and represented your country with pride and dignity.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: April 20, 2012 06:16AM
Back luck to jason power who finished 10th out of 14 players at the shack event, not surprised he's finished with pool in ireland, he just not cutting it. While he's having a pop at me I'm on tv table and he's in the club. Best player in ireland he says? He not even 9th best in dublin. Character. Well played pal.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 24, 2012 06:45AM
Down to earth with a bang, I think would be a good way to describe Jason's result. I have no problem what he thinks of me I'm old and ugly enough to have heard it all before, I draw the line at him slagging off my division. The fact is if he was to play in my division, he may medal but it wouldn't be guaranteed, if he was to play from a chair he would be hammered! Regarding what he said about the entry, yes we will never have the entry of the able bodied events, look at the difference in population able bodied v disabled! But I "stand over" the fact that the standard at the top of our division is quite high.

I hope for Jason's sake he pulls away from whoever is putting these thoughts in his head which prompted his unacceptable rants because he is a good player with a bright future if he grows up and stops the type of rubbish he caused in the last while and concentrates on becoming a better player. This is the last time I will speak on this matter.

Regards
Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here