Dillon
(IP Logged)

Re: 8 ball and 9 ball Draw
Date: April 22, 2005 12:58AM
Hi!

Here is the draw for 8 ball:

8 ball 22nd April:

Gareth Deegan (IRL)vs.Thomas Engert (GER)

Peter Doherty (IRL) vs. Aurelian Ungureanu (ROM)

Alan Crowe (IRL) vs. Roman Hybler (CZE)

Dillon McCann (IRL) vs. Bye

Paul Strawbridge (IRL) vs. Bye

Dillon

Ronnie Boyle
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 01:21AM
Hi!

Thanks Dillon for all the info on the European Championships.
How dissappointed I am that I can't play because it's a wonderful set up with all the top pro's from Europe who are here. Already I am looking forward to next year's championships in Rome,Italy.

Thanks to all the Irish particpants who have conducted themselves and represented the Irish tour at these prestigious championships.

Good Luck to all the Irish players playing in the 8 ball and 9 ball as well as the wheelchair division events in the next few days and also to the Irish Men's team who have drawed Romania in their first match ( 28th April 4.30pm)

A full report and photos will be posted on www.irelands9balltour.com and www.irish9ball.com

Ronnie

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 03:50AM
GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!

HI Dillon and gang!.... I'm truely sorry that I couldn't make it over to the event as it has been an event I've wanted to play in since I was 15, but I know that when you guys are there, there's a kinda part of myself with you guys and I'm always hoping that you play really well!!!

I wanting to announce that although I love playing the game... I've been considering retirement from the game at playing level and just becoming an instructor!!!.... But saying that, I don't want to throw away the oppertunities that everyone on the tour has now got and so I'm gonna keep playing, but this will only be if the is a mixture of formats in events and longer races as there's just simply too much luck invoved in short races and it doesn't shoew who really is the best player on the day!... But any tournament does me so long as I get the chance to shoot a ball!!!

I'm sorry again and I didn't want to miss the chance to represent all my freinds on the tour, but due to the scumrat that booked my flight, it was made impossible for me to go to EC cos he would'nt wait till I got back before giving him the money for the flights, But that's life and 'O2' certainly didn't help matters!

I bid all of you good luck in the EC and My appologies again guys!

Take care everyone and I'll see ya in L'Kenny!

Dillon
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 05:26AM
Hi Willie!

Its a pity your not out here coz you would of loved it, I agree with you about the short races and the mixture of formats. Its a good idea to introduce the 14.1 tournaments coz it will bring something totally different into the tour, so far in the European Pool Championships two players have cleared 125 balls (Thorsten Hohmann and Niels Feijen). I hope you won't be considering retirement coz you have a great talent for the game!
I'll keep you posted on everything that happens.

Dillon

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: April 22, 2005 06:36AM
Poor Gareth, Ortmann and then Engert for first-round matches!!

Go on Gareth, take a big scalp for the boys back home....

(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 02:05PM
I Second the Joey!!!

Go on gareth rip em apart buddy!!!

Berry
(IP Logged)

Date: April 23, 2005 12:07AM
Irish pool players are crazy, but its nice to see them compeet on the highest european level.
And no I don't have any more orange shirts.......

(IP Logged)

Date: April 23, 2005 03:59AM
They may be crazy to you, but they got the balls to play like I have, but the only difference is I didn't play because the people I trusted, let me down in BIG fashion!!!

So you should give the guys credit for turning up to play, But I think that you're doing that anyway!!!... Just make sure you give 'em more respect next time on this forum!!!!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: April 23, 2005 01:02PM
Berry,

I would like to thank you and everyone connected with European Championships, for the hospitality, professionalism and friendliness, that has been shown to the Irish Team so far in Veldhoven.

We have learned a lot and will take a lot away from these championships (especially if it'll fit in our suitcases winking smiley)

Anyways, thanks and roll on next week.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here