Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Attention All Dublin Players!! (2005 League)
Date: April 21, 2005 04:15AM
Entries are now being taken for the Dublin Region of the Individual Players Coss Border 9 Ball Pool League (see thread by Ronnie for details). To enter either contact me at jodriscoll@deloitte.ie or give your name and entry-fee 35 to Tommy, Elaine or Anna at the bar in the Ballroom (upstairs) in the Palace on Camden Street.

Closing date for entries is April 30th so don't delay!

Post Edited (01-30-06 20:40)

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Re: Attention All Dublin Players!!
Date: April 21, 2005 05:22AM
Joe,

Can you put my name down for that league.

Over in Eindhoven at the moment, just played Oliver Ortmann in Straight Pool, and its true, he plays like a machine. I lost the lag, made an acceptable break (I thought) and got back to the table 70 points down, he missed once more on his way to 125.

I'm in the B-Side of the draw later, hopefully I'll get my hand on the table more then.

All the best,

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

John Casement
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 03:54AM
Im not that good does that matter or can i still enter

Dillon
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 05:16AM
Hi!

Joe could you also put my name down for it, and in relation to John Casements questions of course you can enter, its good to see people interested in playing American pool in Ireland. It does'nt matter what age of level of play your at your more than welcomed to enter any American pool competition in Ireland.
I hope to see everyone as soon as I and the rest of the Irish team get back from the European Pool Championships.

Dillon

(p.s I will be posting updates on matches and all the action from the Irish team.)

Reddish
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 05:27AM
Baz here. Saying as their still isn't a 9ball club in my region, i was wondering if it was ok for me to enter into the Dublin one?

If so count me in....

Cheers again!

Bazza...

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 05:50AM
Gareth & Dillon (and any of the other Irish lads reading this) best of luck in the rest of your matches, you're names are down for the league. Please send me the entry fees by wire transfer to the usual Cayman Islands bank account!

Baz you're more than welcome to enter, though I know Vernon is running a league in Navan which might be handier for you. Let me know.

And John, per our emails you're name is now down

thedean
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 06:59AM
Hi John,

It matters not, there's nothing like matchplay experience, the more you play the more you learn and your game will ultimately improve.

Plus its always a laugh, and the people involved are helpful and friendly

Reddish
(IP Logged)

Date: April 22, 2005 07:50AM
I agree with thedean,

I never played 9ball in my life before i went to the first ranking Belfast open this year.

The support I got from the lads was excellent. Everyone I meet now at the tournies or play against always give a tip or two which again teaches you the game.

Better you go to the league cause if you dont win you'll know you'll want to win the next time, its helps you put in practice.

Or something like that...

Bazza...

niall mc dermott
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2005 10:11AM
could you put my name down also and contact me on 087-2964906

thanx, niall................

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2005 10:40AM
Hi Niall, Long time no see buddy!... How are dude?

I hope you're getting the practice in cos I ain't!

I'm not sure if you're aware of my considering of retirement, but it's a possibilty that I've been thinking of throughout the past year or so and it's coming to the point that it's looking likely, but I'm still unsure myself!

The thing that's making me consider retirement is the fact that I'm sick to death of always playing 9 ball and I love the game, but there's only so much you can take of getting beat by weak players in short races and it's just putting me off the idea of taking my cue stick outta the case!

I'll be decideing untill afte the event in L'Kenny and I'll know what I'm gonna do then!

Take good care everyone and I'll see ya all in June!

Willie

Joe
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2005 01:59PM
Hi Niall

I've put you down for the Dublin league. I'll give you a shout in the next couple of days.

Joe

John Casement
(IP Logged)

Date: April 30, 2005 05:18AM
Hey JOe do i still have to go up and pay to day or is my name down and do i just pay you at the first league match

niall mc dermott
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2005 07:19AM
hi joe, thanks for putting my name down, i'll talk to you during the week

niall........................

niall mc dermott
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2005 07:28AM
hi willie, how are ya? whats this idea of yours to retire? , having said that i totally agree with you in the sense that the conditions of the tables on our tour are very poor to say the least,there is no consistency of quality in all the clubs, every table plays completely different.if we could maintain some sort of similarity on all the tables we would know what to expect at each event.i have played on pro tables ( crown 4's ) in england and they are how pool tables are meant to be, ie fast, responsive and predictable whereas the tables on our tour are all over the place .

anyway keep on rockin, i'll see at the meath open if you are going.

niall "the deer hunter " mc dermott......................

(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2005 09:03AM
Hi Nial, I'm glad to hear your doing well!

I play regularly at Club 9, Dunmurry and they have got 4 GC$'s one of which has got the Simmonis 860 TV BLUE, tht Joe and Sam bought from me last year and you really can't play on a better table than that!

I'm happy that there is a 9 ball tour to play on, but it's about bloddy time that the clubs started making an effort to give the players the best conditions possible to play on and there's somply NO EXCUSE for them to be as compacent as they are!

I personally would love to be able to have a law for clubs that the tables had to be recoverd at least once every 8-10 months and that NO-ONE can just walk in during a tournament match in front of a player when he/she is shooting their shot and we all know that it has hapened more often than not!

AS for the other things like DECNT SETS OF BALL AND TRAINGLES they should be supplied by the tour, but everyone should chip in an equal amount of money in order to get these things, but there will have to be reciepts and what ever elsew to prove the purchases and that way no-one should dare ask any qestions!

It would be great if Platinum Billiards were able to sponsor the tour with TV BALLS, but I don't think that they will be sponsoring anything untill next year, but Gareth would be able to find out more about that than I can!

If this is gonna be a really good tour like the Pro 9 tour or Euro Tour, then EVERYONE has to put some effort into making it as good as they want it to be and there are far too many people in this country who want everything for free and nothing in life is for free, not even to be burried when you kick the bucket!

I'm willing to Have 50 to set asside for the purpose of getting sets of TV BALLS and I think that each and every toher player on the tour should do the same!

You all know that it makes sense in what I'm saying and it's about time that everyone got the bull by the balls and sink them in the side pocket!

Take care everyone and I'll catch ya all later!

Reddish
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2005 09:42AM
Lads you also got to remember that 9ball is only in ireland a few years, so you cant expect people to invest in something that might not kick off...

Now that 9ball is becoming more noticed, within a year i bet the tour will have to pick between clubs for the tournaments therefor clubs will be competing against each other to have the best tables.

eg. Their is only one place in Meath that has 9ball and only one place in Louth. They dont need top class tables because people cant play the game anywhere else. If you get my drift!!!

When we have an average of five or six 9ball clubs in each county, thats when pool in ireland will take a massive leap upwards. This could be two years or possibly more but when it does you will then see the pros coming out of Ireland.

I only started playing at christmas, and was the only player on the tour from Dundalk. Now i practice every tuesday with two other lads. Ronnie will also tell you that their is another boy Peter(a mate) who will probably be attending the Meath tour. He aint played the game yet but if just shows that 9ball is only a minor sport in Ireland, so far. For a town with a population of 40,000 so far im the only person on it. Oh Ronnie theirs another two of my mates thinking about playing on the tour in Meath but ill get on to you to confirm that...

What us tour players have to do now is keep playing in tournaments untill the standard takes that leap upwards cause when it does this we want to have that extra experience over all the new players that will be flocking to the game in the 2006 tour. Ill also guarantee you that at the end of this years tour will have double the amount then what it started off at christmas. Do u not agree? Ill also guarantee that if all the players on the current tour keep playing for the next year when these newbies start we will be enjoying our pool more cause of our experience and therefore winning more.

I think you all understand what im tryin to get at???

Baz

Bazza...

(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2005 10:21AM
Hi Baz, It's good to hear from ya buddy!

I hear what you're saying dude, but you can't expect to ask all the players to keep using equipment like sets of club balls that have got more chunks missing than what there is craters on the moon!

The lack of knowledge about American pool being in Ireland is down to not enough promotion of it and too many clubs that are for themselves and not the players!!!!

To ask for an average of 5 or 6 clubs in each county is something that you won't get here for at least 20 years and I don't have the time or patience to wait that long!

I understand what you're saying as like you said you only started playing at Xmas, but I've been playing American Pool from I was 10 and I picked up a cue from 5 and I'm 24 now and over that time I've learned quite alot and any knowledgable Pool player (Not a Snooker player) wiil tell you that in order for the game to grow, you must work at it all the time and constantly promote it untill you know that everyone knows about it, and then you still keep going!!!

Gareth Deegan is right when he said that there's too much snooker player snobbery and it get's right up my nose to the point that if I ever had my own tour, they would never hit a ball unless they used the right type of cues and respect the game in the way they should!

The problem is that all the players that haven't been playing in the events like myself, which I've hated cos I ended up missing out on tournaments for a lost cause, but other players who haven't turned up to play are just simply bloody lazy and expect the events to be in their area all the time and I say to them... GET OFF YOUR FAT ASSES AND GO AND SHOOT SOME POOL INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME WATCHING THE TV AND DREAMING OF BEING GOOD COS YOU WON'T GET BETTER ANY OTHER WAY!

The only Club that I see as worthy of the tour is Club 9 because they got the championship tables, they got the sapce between 'em, they have a hot food joint down stairs, they always have 'O2' promo's at each event and not to mention the massues that was at the last event and is coming back again, but I'm not sure, I'll double check, so tell me another club in anywhere in Ireland that does this... EXACTLY!

if All the clubs on the tour waken up and smelled the caffine, then the standard of playing would go right up through the roof, but untill then, you will not get a decent standard player that will ever have a hope in hell in events like the EC WPC and US OPEN!

I'm not getting at anyone here I'm just stating the obvious and that it's about time that it changed a little for the better and I think Ronnie is trying his best to do that, the same as Joe and Sam of Club 9 are trying to give the players the best of everything and I think that it's criminal that their club isn't being used on the tour yet!

Take care everyone and I'll see ya all later!

Eddie
(IP Logged)

Date: May 04, 2005 11:36AM
"GET OFF YOUR FAT ASSES AND GO AND SHOOT SOME POOL INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME WATCHING THE TV AND DREAMING OF BEING GOOD COS YOU WON'T GET BETTER ANY OTHER WAY!"

Well that's just ruined the cherished "Why Don't You" childhood memory.

(IP Logged)

Date: May 04, 2005 11:53AM
Hi Fast Eddie

How ya dion buddy??... I don't mean that in a litterall sense, it's more of a case of telling players who have got the ability and transport to start making a better effort for themselves and the tour!

I hope you're getting some practice in because my eyesight is getting worse and I can't see myslef doing well at the tournaments anymore, not that I did well at them anyway!!!

Are you gonna be in Belfast in 3 weeks?... I hope so cos I'm lookiing forwar to catching up with you guys and I hope that there's a good strong group of players from your table in the house!

Take care buddy and try not to hustle too many people down there as I've still to go there in August!

Willie

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: May 04, 2005 04:31PM
Hey Fast Eddie,

You're showing your age with that quote. Hold on, you're showing my age too......doh!

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

This Thread has been closed