gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Irish guaranteed medal at World Championships
Date: September 02, 2011 09:49PM
Fred Dinsmore (Dublin) is guaranteed, at least, a bronze medal after beating 2nd seed, Roy Kimberley (England), 7-4, in the World 9-Ball Championships - Wheelchair Division, in Kielce, Poland.

Fred now plays world number 1, Jouni Tahti (Finland) in the Semi-Finals.

Live scores and streaming is available at [www.makmarketing.pl]

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

willie
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish guaranteed medal at World Championships
Date: September 02, 2011 11:26PM
Awesome news 8)

Come on Fred, don't beat 'em, kick his ass all ound the pool room and smile with a grin as wide as a mile when you're done and taken the gold medal and all the bankroll grinning smiley

Good luck buddy thumbs up

smileys with beer

(NOTE - keyboard sucks)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 11:27PM by willie.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: September 09, 2011 08:02AM
Thanks,
Bronze not my favorite colour but it was the maximum available last week I think. Tahti is the best wheelchair player ever and he got lucky a couple of times too which was an extra problem!!!! On top of that I missed a simple 9 early in match. Little disappointed but like I said I think it was maximum available, it's impossible to compete with people who are Playing as their job. We are way behind in Ireland!!!

Fred

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 09, 2011 12:44PM
well, it's still pretty damn good to get on the podium and bring home a medal smiling smiley

I totally agree with you about professional American Pool Ireland being waaaay behind in the and the bigest problem for alot of players is the rip-off petrol prices/travel costs to and there simply is not enough prize money in tounraments yet, to make it worth while for players to travel long distances to compete, which in turn not only makes the turnouts lower, but it makes potential prize money alot less than it should be, which also in turn makes it 100x more difficult to obtain any kind of financial sponsors to add money to events.

Unfortunately, I think it's just a sign of the current economic times.

Willie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 12:45PM by willie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here