ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
American 8-Ball Pool Tour:
Date: April 07, 2005 08:40AM

Dear Players,

The official name of Ireland's 9-ball tour is being changed. It will now be called Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour which will see the tour promoting more of the American cue sport games such as 8-ball, 9-ball, and 14.1 events.

Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour will be introducing a new 8-ball tour taking place in around the second Saturday of each month. (dates will be announced shortly)

The first event will cue off on Saturday 11th June 2005 when the " Donegal American 8-Ball Open Event " will take place in Letterkenny played in a round robin format, where the following details wil be on offer.

(1). A complete new ranking system will be set-up where everyone will be starting off on a level playing field from the first event on the 11th June.

(2). The tour will carry two official ranking systems, one for the 8-ball tour and the other for the 9-ball tour and all points will be carried over a three and half year period starting this June and carrying onto the end of 2008.

(3). The top ranked player from the 8-ball tour will join the top ranked player from the 9-ball tour on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Team for the 2006 European and World Championships, with the 3rd member coming from a open qualifier.

(4). There will be also two Major 14.1 events taking place in 2006 with the Ulster Open and the All Ireland 14.1 Championships being the other.

(5). There will be substanual prize money on offer for all events.

(6). There will be announcement made shortly regarding the 8-ball tour dates for the remainder of the 2005 season plus all other details regarding rules, venues, dress code, closing dates for entries, ect.

Note:
The reason this American 8-ball tour is being set-up is helping all players who will be travelling to top competitions under the world body such as this year, when Irelands team will be competing in the 2005 European Pool Championships playing American cue sports of 8-ball, 9-ball, and 14.1 but has't got much experience in both 8-ball and 14.1 events. If any player would like more information they can contact me through the contact form on the tours website www.irelands9balltour.com or call 0777 636 5059.

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Re: American 8-Ball Pool Tour:
Date: April 07, 2005 11:04AM
Hi Ronnie

Thanks for the info!!!

I was wondering if you thought of the Idea of the 14-1 tournamet as I would like it to be a tour event and I have talked to Sammy of Club 9 and he said "why Not" so I'm kinda thinking that the 14-1 event would be a goo introduction to 14-1 for those who haven't heard about or played the game before!

I'm still hopeful of the EC, but It all depends on what O2 Joe comes back to Sam and me with cos if there's no sponsorship, then Me and Sammy are both stuck here and it's something that I can't do anything about!

I'll keep you updated on what's happening, but I'm afraid that it's not looking too good!

Take care and let me know what you think about the 14-1 event!

Willie

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: American 8-Ball Pool Tour:
Date: April 08, 2005 06:11AM
sounds great.

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here