Reddish
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Pool Tip
Date: April 04, 2005 06:18AM
I asked this b4 but cant find the tread anywhere.

I have a snooker cue which is perfect in weight. Is there anyway that i can change the snooker tip to a pool tip? And if so what is the best types?

Thanks for your time.

Baz

Bazza...

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Re: Pool Tip
Date: April 04, 2005 07:54AM
Hi Baz, I don't think this could be done because the tip of the snooker cue would be much thinner in diameter than the pool tip. I'm no expert though so hopefully someone else can help....

Joe

mighty mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: April 04, 2005 08:18AM
Hi baz.

As you probably know paddy has a custom cue sort of half snooker half pool. If you like the feel of a pool cue then you would be better just getting a custom made cue cos theres no chance of turning your snooker tip into a 13mm diameter tip.

Ask the wizard he might know of a way.

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: April 04, 2005 06:21PM
Hi Baz

I you know what brand the cue tip is, then just look around on the internet for it and see if you can get it in the diametre you need, but there's no point in buying a 13mm tip if you're gonna put it on to a snokker cue to have to file away half of the bloomin' tip as that is just a waste of a good cut tip and money!

Different cue tips range in different hardness' for example....

Elkmaster, Pigskin, Royal Ock and Triangle tips are generaly soft which is good if you like lots of spin on the snowball!

Le professionel and Talisman are a medium hardness for a little less spin and slightly better control!

Tsunami, Ram, Water Buffalo (Wcool smiley are generaly hard cue tips which are suitable for your below average breek cue!

There is a Phenolic cue tip which is the same material that billiard balls are made from which you see on most Jump cues and some break/jump cues as well!

It depends on what type of hit you like and what the tips purpose is gonna be, but Don't forget that there's a lot of events now that you CANNOT play with a brass ferruled cue!

Anyway I hope this info helps and I hope to see you soon.

Willie

(IP Logged)

Date: April 04, 2005 06:25PM
Shrew... When are you gonna get your carcus up to the club so I can give you a few more lessons on why you should not say that you're better than me?

I'll catch you tomorrow and Don't forget to bring that Dposit with you!

Cheers dude and I'll see you tomorrow night!

Willie!

P.s. I still ain't found that damn mobile yet, but when I do... I'll txt you!

Reddish
(IP Logged)

Date: April 05, 2005 06:16AM
Cheers lads. I think the best thing for me is to get a custom cue. Cause everytime i use a new cue to practice with and try out, its like learning the game again....

Anyway, does anyone have the number for that chap that makes them?

Thanks fof all your help lads,

Now bace to the drawing board, again!

Baz

Bazza...

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: April 05, 2005 08:02AM
Baz, if that doesn't work out I can get you a very nice Joss cue that a mate is selling for a fantastic 180. It doesn't have fancy snakewood from Surinam or Mother of Pearl or 24 carat gold in the butt but it is a very good cue. see my post on the cues for sale thread if you're interested.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: April 05, 2005 08:24AM
anyone want a custom cue let me know. u can change your snooker tip to pool but i would need to see the cue in question.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 05, 2005 02:04PM
Hiya

I also play with a custom cue made by Abban Reddy - A&R Cues and it is incredibly good he made me a black plastic ferrule (not quite the same as the standard pool ferrule I think) and a combination of that and Le Pro tips play really nice that might be worth considering.

Fred

Fred Dinsmore

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: April 10, 2005 05:33PM
Hi reddish over the years I have seen many top world snooker players change tip & ferrulles to resin or fibre ones & know someone who can help but to be honest you would be best buying predator where you can over a period of time pick up another shaft & the predator is the most popular choice whith the top pro's & a big reason for that is the consistency if you broke a shaft just order another and it will hit same.Alex plays with a 11 and 3 quarter mill diameter I use a 12 and 3 quarter diameter but you have many options.As far as the predator goes Gareth would be best price.

(IP Logged)

Date: April 11, 2005 07:51AM
Hi Baz & Joe

Joe is 100% right in what he has said and it's definitely worth checkin' out!!!

hope to See you there on Sat Baz!!!

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here