paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
IPBA Response To Willies Post
Date: April 13, 2011 04:58PM
Hiya willie,

Welcome back to ireland and hope your keeping well. It nice to see such interest in the tour setup.

As Im sure you know the IPBA is only a few months old. Our first events were the National Championships, that doubled as qualifiers for the European Championships.

The qualifiers were opened to any player in Ireland and as far as im aware we are trying to cater for every player in the country. They all had the option to play.

It is very hard to run a professional tour when we have lack of interest, venues with enough tables and then we have the divided player groups such as Ronnie's tour players, The IPBA players, IPPT Players and then the neutral that just want to play pool like myself.

I know certain players will not play in The IPBA, I know certain players that will not play in Ronnies tour, certain players wont travel far and some players will talk all day about how this and that should be done and when an event comes up are never to be seen.

I even had a player tell me last week he would make more of an effort IF he was on the committee and getting payed.

If the majority want a professional tour why don't they support the plans? If any player has any thoughts positive or negative towards anything to do with the ipba then they are free to give me a call or email and discuss what they want from the tour cause it looks to me that we have tried everything.

Regarding the tour dates It was always our plan to start the ranking tour events after the EPC and dates and venues will be announced shortly.

The IPBA is a democratic and transparent organisation, that assists and
advises its members. The purpose and tasks of the IPBA are particularly:

to organise and run Pool tournaments in Ireland
to support the development of all Pool disciplines in Ireland
to support the development of all Pool divisions in Ireland
including Mens, Womens, Wheelchair, Junior, Senior and Teams.
to increase the spread of Pool and tournaments throughout Ireland
to determine uniform rules and regulations for Pool sports in Ireland
to approve and assign players to represent Ireland in international
tournaments.
to arrange the education of coaches and referees
to affiliate the IPBA to international pool governing bodies

Prize money depends on the number of entries at tour events, as well as money from sponsors. In keeping with the transparent nature of the IPBA, all prizes and how they are calculated are made known before eachevent.

Its our intention that prize money will be high, because entry fields will be high. But there is no magical pot of gold to pay for the running of a NGB, costs of sending players to international events to
represent Ireland, or achieve the other aims of the IPBA.

Players membership fees will likely be the main funding of the IPBA in the short term.

The IPBA is committed to improving the standard of playing conditions at
tournaments.

Our last event in Carlow in February, the IPBA supplied new simonis cloth for all tables and we also provided new sets of aramith balls for the event too which to be honest took a hell of amount of work to achieve.

U know yourself getting sponsorship for anything is very difficult but we got there and managed to get something for the tour which we all can enjoy and not have to play with them horrible club balls. smiling smiley

We also had a fundraising night in dundalk stadium for the players that went to the EPC.

Again if more people had of turned up we could be sitting here now with cash to send players away or even add money to the tour. That was the goal.

Even without a massive turnout at Dundalk we managed to raise a few pound for players going away to Germany and I'm sure I speak for all the players in saying that we all had a great time away even though we had some problems beforehand.

The committee has already done a lot of good work, some seen, some unseen. It hasn't been without ups and downs, but the main goal of the IPBA for the rest of the year is to organise a professionally run tour and get the word out to as many players as possible.

Its not an easy job and keeping everyone happy is impossible. Maybe if players in clubs stop talking about what way things should be done and come to the events and support the tour I'm sure the tour would be sitting in a better place at the moment.

On a positive note I would like to congratulate the efforts of the committee on getting the team over to Germany and for those who turned up to dundalk and who helped sell the tickets and for those who made an effort to sell tickets that couldn't attend on the night.

Paul Tierney for all his help regarding the admin/printing side of things.

Gareth Deegan on the website which looks great and was updated everyday throughout the European Championship.

The Secretary Darren Feehan who has at times had a lot to cope with but still takes the time to help out even though he had tough exams the last few months and to David Poole who worked very hard round the clock to get Ireland into a position to compete again at European Level.

The IPBA also had a meeting with the EPBF in Germany and he was very impressed with the amount of work we have done in such a short space of time and the professionalism and attitude of the whole Ireland Team throughout the 11 days had not gone unnoticed. Something that has lacked in previous years by myself and others.

I would personally like to thank the team for that.

Finally would like to say that Ireland accumulated there most ever wins as a team at the European Championships in Germany and to Fred Dinsmore who won the first medal under the new tour set-up.

Well Done Fred.

Im sure this is only the beginning for the IPBA but I call on all players to get behind the tour and support it because we will give players the opportunity to progress and play in major events.

Paddy Mc Loughlin
Vice Chairman
Irish Pocket Billiards Association

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2011 05:02PM by paddy number 1.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Re: IPBA Response To Willies Post
Date: April 13, 2011 08:43PM
Hi Paddy

It must have taken you a while to type that out because i know it would have taken me about a week. lol

Could we put sonthing on the form where players could put there names down if intrested in playing on the tour and any constructive comments they wish to leave?

Maybe also a facebook link we could send to other pool players to let them know about the tour.

That way the ipba would know where it stood with the pool players through-out Ireland.

Just a thought.

Cheers ~Judgey~ smiling smiley

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/06/2010
Date: April 14, 2011 02:17PM
hi paddy
great post m8
the problem i have is we have ronnie's tour and he's be doing a great job
for years now, love playing on his tour

last year we had a great tour aswell with sammy which folded 4 no reason i know
now we hav ipba which sounds great.but its hard 2 fully support another new tour.
a new tour starts every year in ireland lol,

you know me and my family support any pool and will support your's to mate
but if you's are going to do this. there has to be 100% from you and your commitee
the tour has only started and chairman has resigned already.

truthfully players just what a tour at least 6 toury's a year
possible 3 up north 3 in dublin and just play pool 4 money thats what
gets players to enter PRIZE MONEY
that leaves 6 free months for commitee to run tournaments to send players
further a feild and raise money 2 help send players

no need trying to run before we can walk
but whatever mate good luck and hope works out

no need running before we can walk

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 18, 2011 01:59PM
Hi Guys
Just a quick reply to the above. I think they are good points Willie. However what we have to remember is IPBA is a brand new association, and it has incredible potential. I think the results in Germany show just how great the potential is, even though the build up was anything but easy!!! We need to just be patient and I think it'll work great.
I would just also like to say how incredible Paddy's performances were throughout the EPC it was without doubt the best performance of the team.
Regards
Fred

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 18, 2011 01:59PM
Hi Guys
Just a quick reply to the above. I think they are good points Willie. However what we have to remember is IPBA is a brand new association, and it has incredible potential. I think the results in Germany show just how great the potential is, even though the build up was anything but easy!!! We need to just be patient and I think it'll work great.
I would just also like to say how incredible Paddy's performances were throughout the EPC it was without doubt the best performance of the team.
Regards
Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here