ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
The newly formed "Irish Pocket Billiards Association" (IPBA), Presents, the new "Irish 9-Ball Tour" & "Pre Tour Irish & European Championship Qualifiers"
Date: January 02, 2011 11:33PM
The 'Irish Pocket Billiards Association' (IPBA), presents the pre Irish 9-Ball Tour Irish Championships & European Qualifier Events

-David Poole-
http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/Irish%20Tour/I.P.B.A..bmp
[
www.irishpocketbilliards.com];

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2011 01:51AM by ThePoolKnightShack.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Re: The newly formed "Irish Pocket Billiards Association" (IPBA), Presents, the new "Irish 9-Ball Tour" & "Pre Tour Irish & European Championship Qualifiers"
Date: January 04, 2011 12:04AM
Hi Dave

How much is it to play in the events?
How much is it to play in the tour Events?
Do you have to pay to be a member of the IPBA?
Do i have to be a member of the IPBA to play on the Irish Tour? If so what is the total cost?
What is the format for the Tour events?
Can i play in the European Championships with a British passport?
Do i have to be a member of the Irish Tour to play on it or can i play in just one or two events?

These are some of the Questions that the players in my room have been asking.

Thanks Judgey

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: The newly formed "Irish Pocket Billiards Association" (IPBA), Presents, the new "Irish 9-Ball Tour" & "Pre Tour Irish & European Championship Qualifiers"
Date: January 04, 2011 03:01AM
Hiya Sean

Many thanks for your interest.

Any questions regarding the Tour can be submitted to the following link.

[thepoolknightshack.info]

The Official Tour Website will be available online very soon.

More details to follow.

Cheers

Paddy Mc Loughlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 04:08AM by paddy number 1.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 04, 2011 03:08AM
Anyone interested in having a look at the venue for the first event on February 12th?

[www.pano.ie]

We will have 5-6 Dynamic Tables set up for this Event in the Table Tennis Room.

Cheers

Paddy

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: January 04, 2011 09:39AM
Np Paddy thanks?

iv had a look at the room in carlow and it looks v.good im looking foward to playing there.

once again cheers and goodluck.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 04, 2011 12:57PM
Did anyone else manage to have a look at the virtual tour?

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: January 06, 2011 03:36PM
Looks very good Paddy, looking forward to a visit if all works out.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: January 13, 2011 12:39PM
The plans are terrific and the future looks very bright for our sport. I look forward to being a part of it!!!

Fred

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 20, 2011 07:46AM
If any player would like an Official Invitation sent to them for the European Championship Qualifier please send me an email to paddy@irishpocketbilliards.com or send a text to 07763723384.

Many Thanks

Paddy Mc Loughlin

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: April 11, 2011 07:38AM
I want to know the full details about the IPBA on the following, before deciding on whether it's worth my time, expense and effort to travel around to play on the tour:-

- Why are there no dates and venues confirmed for the rest of the year, (including for the tournament that is supposedly billed to be held this month)?

- What are the goals that the IPBA are aiming to achieve and what opportunities will be created for the players and the sport here in Ireland, (apart from the 1x trip to the EC's)?

- What is the IPBA prepared to do as a NGB to push the promotional coverage, the standard of play, the qualifty standard of billiard rooms, and to increase the competition levels at all levels of play in the sport of American Pool here in Ireland?

- Are your committee members prepared to put a complete and dedicated effort into improving the sport of American Pool here in Ireland through organising college/university leagues programmes, Ladies, youth & Junior division tournaments or billiard instruction programmes, etc?

- What are you prepared to do to attract sponsors to the tour and to increase tournament prize funds to attract more players?

- What are you prepared to do to promote the tour, it's players and the sport of American pool in Ireland?

- Where is all the money going that is generated for and by the IPBA and what has/is/will it be spent on?

- Are there any kind of back-up plans to make sure that the IPBA can work to have extra finances to ensure that there will be national championship events in each of the disciplines of 8Ball, 9Ball, 10Ball and Straight Pool (14.1), and to ensure that these national championship events will all have guaranteed prize money?

- Are you, the IPBA prepared to have a specific set of various designated, compulsory and mandatory tasks for the committee members to fulfill their roles in the committee and as promotors of the sport, to make ssure they make a full dedicated effort into promoting the sport of American Pool in Ireland as well?

I'm asking these questions because I'm not interested in anymore BS with failed tours, empty promises and wasted opportunities... it's about time that ALL of these issues were a thing of the past and that the sport of American Pool in Ireland be promoted properly, completely and professionaly, where there are plenty of opportunities created for ALL players and not just a select 2 or 3 players.

Also, I'm asking these questions to not be critical or offensive, but I would rather know ALL the details about the tour and exactly how much of an effort the IPBA are willing to make and commit to, before I'm willing to consider going to the time, effort and expense of travelling to compete in IPBA events.

It will sound like I'm being a bit hard nosed, but if anything I'm just asking a few questions because I want to make sure that I know all the details before investing any time and/or money into the IPBA.

In the end of the day, I want to shoot pool professionally and see the sport of American Pool in Ireland be promoted & organised fprofessionally to it's fullest and to see all players of all ages and backgrounds, enjoy having the same opportunities to play in tournaments nationally and internationally as players in other European and/or international tours and countries.

Willie

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: April 12, 2011 07:12PM
Hi Willie,

Great to hear you are back in Ireland.

I'm not on the committee, but you might find some of the answers to your questions in the IPBA Constitution (http://www.irishpocketbilliards.com/constitution/).

Also, in my last conversation with David Poole, he informed me that he had stepped down as chairman of IPBA.

I look forward to shooting a few racks with you soon.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here