Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3
judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Re: Irish 9ball Championships December 4th and 5th
Date: November 23, 2010 10:39PM
You have a few dood valid points there billy and i know that you are well experienced in playing and travelling to play pool through-out ireland, there is only a few solutions for this i think.

1.pay and play with or without the token gesture of £5 disscount

2.pay £30 have the event with no money added and whom ever playes in the event is allowed to play in the one closer to christmas a one day event with money added.

Then at the event before christmas we can finalise everything for the tour starting up again in the new year and getting the EPBF membership back to ireland.

I think we do have a great oppertunity to get american pool back on track so lets come to a compromise on this issue and move on to bigger and better things.

Peace Out xoxo

gahane
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/11/2010
Date: November 24, 2010 08:13AM
namrog. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi gahane
> i know its not much of a token but it is
> something after all these
> new players would get a chance to win all my reg
> money plus the rest of players
> money too.

Why would they be winning your registration money? If you paid the reg fee at the beginning of the year then I imagine it's already been spent on expenses. If you haven't paid the reg fee then the £30 all in fee would apply to you too. It's not just 'Dublin players only'. It's a concession for any new players in the last tournament of the season.

Sean, that's probably a good compromise, let unregistered players in for £30 but only add money to the prize pot next year. Actually, adding money in to the first tournament of the year would attract players, making sure they pay their reg fee there and then.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 10:35AM
Attention all American pool players.

Hustlers Pool Hall Announcement.....

My business partner and I have decided to withdraw the added money to the tournament on Dec 4th and 5th.

The reason for doing so is:

We think that it is causing unwanted harm and debates to the already damaged tour and the reason for this starting is because of the money added to the last tournament of the year and the criteria you need to meet to play in that tournament.

Therefore if we withdraw the money from this tournament it would leave the criteria as it were in any other of the tournaments through-out the past year.

Paid members pay £25 to play in the tournament
Non paid members pay £30 to play in the tournament
This tournament should also be made an open tournament to any cue sport player

If we were to do this we would have our own normal tour players pulse an extra 10 or more from Dublin entering the tournament. Another thing I think we should still do is the Calcutta as it would create extra money on the day.

I we personally think that this is the only way forward through this situation and then we can all concentrate on ironing out the cresses and getting the tour up and running and sealing the EPBF for 2010.

All players have our word that the money in question will be added to a tournament in the new year therefore the tour is in a win, win situation.

Let me know what you all think

Regards Hustlers Pool Hall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2010 06:55PM by judgey1.

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/06/2010
Date: November 24, 2010 11:02AM
yip judgey do that,cau this is getting pool nowhere.

gahane yip thats what usanally happens to reg money but sam was putting
all reg money into tournament,

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 11:03AM
yip judgey do that,cau this is getting pool nowhere.

gahane yip thats what usanally happens to reg money but sam was putting
all reg money into tournament,

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: November 24, 2010 12:38PM
Hi all, Stephen here, i think you all know me and the way i feel about the game. I personally would go with Judgey on this and his idea of a compromise, sounds workable but, i think that anyone who has already played on the tour this year should be asked to pay the membership fee otherwise we have the same situation as before when approx a quarter of the runners always pay up and others don't, at a guess i reckon some names would be the same, the gesture to newcomers would be ok with me, i just want to shoot pool! For such a small american pool playing community we always seem to look for the difficult option! My own personal opinion of course.

Cheers

Stephen

gahane
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 02:34PM
Namrog, He was putting all reg money collected at this tournament into this tournament. I was pointing out to you that if you've already paid your reg fee at the beginning of the year then it should have already been spent promoting the tour so none of it will be added to the prize fund. If you haven't then you'd be benefiting from the discount too.

Sean, that's fine. It was contingent on getting 32 players anyway. And if you want to hold the Calcutta, great (not sure how it adds to the prize fund tho) but can we ensure that the first round starts promptly at 1pm please (we should also look at starting it earlier around 10 or 11am. The only reason the events start at 1 is that thats the time Frames opened on a Sunday). I was pretty much finished with the tour after the utter disrespect of the last event so I don't really want to be standing around for hours waiting to play.

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: November 24, 2010 07:01PM
yes sean i agree with it all, it will stop all agruments....but will the dublin guys still attend the tournament if there is no money added? now that is the question???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? answers asap!

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 07:47PM
gahane. if thats so i have cross wires then.i thought it was all the reg fees from
me, you and all tour members.
all the ones who had paid up there full reg fee.

but hopefully it sorted now.im done on this subject
good luck billy

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 08:50PM
If anyone knows how to get in contact with the rest of the tour players could they reply to my post, or will we g-oahead with my decission to withdraw the money?

Bear.. Im sure the players from Dublin would still come to the event as this could be the begining of a New Improved tour to benefit us all.

Cheers

Judgey

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 11:43PM
can i ask where this added money was coming from? fink it would be great to have that if possible and have as many players there as possible and a great tournament that starts on time........ ie 10am-11am

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 24, 2010 11:55PM
The added money was being put in by Hustlers Pool Hall.

We have already stated the reason to withdraw the money and we do think it will be more benefical to the tour if it was added next year maybe to the first tournament to attract more players to join the tour and pay there reg.. fees.

judgey

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: November 26, 2010 05:25PM
THIS IS SAM GIBSON!!!! USING BEARS LOG IN

to all players, names must b in by friday the 3rd dec
callcuta wil start at 11 and the draw will start immediatly afterwards
race to 11 on winners side race to 9 on losers side, alternate brake

gahane
(IP Logged)

Date: November 26, 2010 07:25PM
Sam, could you post a time the matches witll start at please. That way those not interested in the Calcutta can turn up at the appropiate time. Shall we say at 12?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2010 08:05PM by gahane.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
Date: November 27, 2010 02:23PM
Hi all,

It's good to see the positive responses to everything... finally we are starting see things more clearly and have the insentive to work together toward a much bigger and better prospect for all Irish pool players.
I'll see you all in December

Depending on numbers, can anyone assist further on accommodation possibilities please? Sean already sent me on some details for one..
Cheers.

---------------
SAM,
Will have a final list of names over to you well before Friday if I can manage it.

Clarification on start times as stated above, along with any other Official Event terms would be much appreciated.

Also details on the entire event schedule would be a good idea so that we can make an official time to have the planned meeting. That's very important! We won't be able to put a limited time on that as there is so much to be addressed, plus it won't be able to be rushed either.
Thanks.

http://thepoolknightshack.info/Irish%20Tour/Signature%20irl%20dpoole.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2010 02:36PM by ThePoolKnightShack.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 27, 2010 02:38PM
Hi all this is Sam Gibson using Sean’s log-in…

To all committee members and those interested there will be a meeting held in the board room of Hustlers Pool Hall Belfast on the morning of the 4th of December. We would like to see all committee members there also in attendance of the meeting will be David Poole Manager of The Pool Knight Shack in Dublin.

The meeting will start a 9am and the Calcutta will start at 11am and the draw will be done straight after the Calcutta for play to commence at 12 Noon.

Any Questions feel free to reply.

Regards Sam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2010 03:01PM by judgey1.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: November 27, 2010 06:29PM
Guys just a thought... would it not be a better idea to have the meeting at the end of the first day of the event?

Not only would it eliminate the meeting possibly running over into the said starting time of the event at noon, but also topics could arise during the course of the day which may be of benefit for discussion points at the meeting.

Under the circumstances it could be a very tight schedule if the numbers improve dramatically as opposed to previous events... don't forget it's a double elimination as well.
Also are you sure you would get all to arrive on time to start promptly at 9am?
Even if so, it's doesn’t allow very much time for any delays or late arrivals with the Calcutta scheduled for 11, an hour before the event.

Names must be in on Friday evening I know, but is there no set registration time that players must strictly be at the venue by on the Saturday?
If all officials are at a very important meeting, which cannot be adjourned at the drop of a hat, even temporarily, who will ensure the registrations are seen to properly and strictly on the day?

These are just a few things you should really give some thought to...they could have a big knock down effect on your last event should they occur. (Esp reading the views above on the last events delays)

Anyway, on top of all that, I think having the meeting at the end of the day would also give everyone involved a chance to become more familiar with each other over the course of the Saturday stages.

-David Poole-
http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/Irish%20Tour/I.P.B.A..bmp
[
www.irishpocketbilliards.com];

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 28, 2010 12:19AM
Hi David

It's Sean here ill let Sam Know your reply and your suggestion to have it at the end o play of the first day but i think there should be no problem in changing the time of the meeting so lets say calcutta starts at 11am an play commences at noon?

Cheers Judgey

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: November 28, 2010 12:45PM
No prob Sean,
I'll let all know.

Ta.

-David Poole-
http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/Irish%20Tour/I.P.B.A..bmp
[
www.irishpocketbilliards.com];

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 29, 2010 05:29AM
Personally i wouldnt bother with the calcutta and have play start 10.30 sharp and the meeting at the end of the first days play.

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here