http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/paddy147/seansnewclub.jpg

Irish 9ball Championships December 4th and 5th

Entry Fees Are As Follows

IAPPT Members 25

Non Members Will Have To Pay 50

All Money In Money Out

Paying 1/4 Of The Field

There Will Also Be At Least 500 Added On the Day And A Calcutta

All entries email sam gibson on sampoolplayer2003@yahoo.com or ring Sam on 07597640625.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2010 10:59AM by paddy number 1.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Re: Irish 9ball Championships December 4th and 5th
Date: September 21, 2010 11:46AM
Hi all is there many names down for this tournament. Any other names add them below and i will add them to the list.

1 Sean Judge
2 Mark McDonald
3 Sam Gibson
4 Coalin Massey
5 Stephen Johnston
6 Aidan Finnerty
7 Willie Dines

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: September 24, 2010 10:58PM
david rajkumar to the list

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: October 09, 2010 05:49PM
I think that you may be able to add quite a few players for that one cool smiley lol

Willie

(Damn typos)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2010 05:49PM by willie.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 22, 2010 04:18PM
BASED ON 32 PLAYERS

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 02:10AM
I was at the last tour event in Derry where there were only 8 entrants. Because of that, I've changed my opinion about the fees being asked of new players who want to play in the next event, the Irish 9-ball Championships.

Seeing that the payout is reliant on there being at least 32 players, we should be doing everything that we can to attract players to this event, especially new ones.

As well as a strong local turnout, we also need to get as many players from around the country for it be a truly legitimate 'Irish Championships'.

It's already gonna be expensive for new players from outside Belfast, with travelling/accom costs for two days. So instead of asking new players to pay 50, we should leave it at 25. Its not going to effect the payout as it would be the membership fees being waived, not entrance fees.

I personally know a bunch of new players that want to play but the costs are off putting. These players are not coming to poach prize money, but instead want to see the tour for themselves and whether its worthwhile putting their full effort behind it. I think its in all our interests to show them that it is.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/06/2010
Date: November 23, 2010 03:00AM
Hi garth,
it would be great to see more players on the tour
but as a tour the rules were made 4 this event months ago giving these player's
a chance to enter in the last few tournaments.
Me and my two sons had to pay up fully to play in this event so all should pay
if that's is the rule.
I just hope this does not stop them entering this event but mostly i hope they play in next year's tour,
I know the cost of traveling, playing,its not a cheat day out.
I try and leave dan behind at most events but he fine's me (LOL)
but with entry fee.s reg fee.s plus money added 32 player's
its nice xmas money for any pool player.
good luck to all player's

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 03:10AM
SEAN PLZ PUT DANIEL,JORDAN AND MYSELF INTO TOURY....THX

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 09:48AM
Hi All

I would also agree that any new players to play in the last event shoud pay 50 to play. I am a full paid member so it is only going to cost me 25.

There are players like Bear and Coalin whom have not paid there membership in full therefore it is going to cost them 25 + the rest of there membership which is only right and fair.

It will effect the pay out on the day, as all the 25 for the players registering to play in the last event will be added to the prize money of that event.

Also i am sure that these players knew about the tour throught the year and were not there to support it then, maybe because of the low turn-out of players and were thinking it was not worth there while travelling for for a small event. It seems a bit strange to me that they have chosen this one to play in why not the last event in Derry.

I also hope that this dose not stop them playing on the tour next year as the more players the better for the tour and the prize money. Rules are rules and i think we should stick to them.

Judgey

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: November 23, 2010 12:55PM
hi guys,
there is only 1 answer 2 this question, pay 50 or dnt play. i have only playd 2 events therefore it wil cost me 40 to play and i dnt have problem with that. so if any1 wants to come and win members money they must pay a membership like every1 else. end off

gahane
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/11/2010
Date: November 23, 2010 01:38PM
I have to disagree with the fee's being charged. No-one's going to travel and be forced to pay 50 when they can wait a month and pay the reg fee for the full year. We're trying to build good will with players here and this is a good way to do it, especially after the debacle of last months tournament. Only 8 players and three hours late starting.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 02:05PM
Quote:
all the 25 for the players registering to play in the last event will be added to the prize money of that event.
Why wasn't all the committee members told about this? The tour rules clearly state that all membership fees "goes towards the posters, tour cards, trophies and administration costs." It doesn't say that it will be used to supplement prize money, especially without any discussion about it.

There is also nothing in the rules that said that players would be allowed to pay membership fees in instalments. It was something that was arbitrarily changed after I and others had paid our memberships in full. It means that certain players have been able to play in the previous 7 events without being full members and during that time they have received ranking points and prize money too? Hopefully we will have a better membership approach for next year, with clear rules that will be written down and enforced, for the benefit of everyone in the sport.

Seeing the mess outlined above, I think a good compromise at this point, being the last event of the year, would be a discount for new players, similar to what the players paying in instalments had to pay for a single event. We really need to start attracting the scores of players from all over the country, especially after what happened in Derry.

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: November 23, 2010 02:30PM
so...that aside....anyone for tae and biscuits? Ive the kettle on

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 03:07PM
Yip i agree there has to be some changes to tour 4 next year
but a big well done to sam and committee for hard work and getting a tour
up and going.

also bears right ur not forced to play in this event,if you dont want to pay
dont play.wait till new season starts not far away.

but i wouldnt mind a token gesture to get new players into event
25 entry 20 reg r something along these lines

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 05:50PM
Yes i agree with you billy a token gesture would be ok 20 reg and 25 entry fee.

Also yes there will have to be alot of changes for the tour next year but i think sam has done a good job this year and kept at it, even when the numbers were low.

I also agree with the point that no player is being forced to play in this event as there the tour will be going into its 2nd year shortly after christmas.

Can anyone answer why none of these players have played in any other of the events during the year i am sure they knew about the tour.

Dose any of them use this forum where we could have there input.

Also i have looked back at a previous thread in march under the New pool league in dublin with membership and practice venue.

Sam put a post up to david inviting all the dublin players to play in our first event on the 28th of march therefore they all knew about the tour and could have chosen to play in any other of the events. David was on the same thread 2 days after it so he would have seen it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/11/2010 06:07PM by judgey1.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
Date: November 23, 2010 07:46PM
Hi everyone...

I'm sure you all know who I am at this point...
for those who don't, I am David Poole, I run the Dublin League for all players wishing to take part and I am currently in the process of getting Ireland back it's membership with the EPBF. The Pool Knight Shack with the backing of some Associations and Federations is now the official representative for Ireland with Europe.

I have read all the above but some of the names I don't know who it is I am even speaking to..
namrog? Billy ???
mark the bear?

To begin,
I somewhat disagree with Gareth.. and I will explain why and in what regard..

I don't think new players should just have to pay the 25 entrance.. They should have to pay a registration of the standard 10 on top of it at least. That is only fair. This is the ONLY part of Gareth's post that I don't fully agree with.. the rest of what he has said is perfectly logical and 100%. He knows exactly what he's talking about there and that is obvious.
Again with his feeling on waving other fees apart from the 25 entrance fee, esp when he is a fully paid up member, shows what his priorities are! That is to be admired. There's not enough who have this kind of passion for the game or for the tour for that matter!!

There should have been separate registration fees for each event giving players the option of entering each and every event. Membership Fees are there for International, qualification purposes only. ie: if to be eligible for selection to represent Ireland at European and World Championship events, you would have to be an official member, you would also have take part in the minimum number of events decided by the Federation in charge. Only with this and if you obtain enough ranking points can you be considered or selection.
At present, and for the entire Tour 2010, you didn't have that option. Therefore membership fees should not have been imposed at all.
A full year "registration" fee should have been the setup and if a player wanted to pay the year up front, a reduction is given.. otherwise a "per event" registration would be applicable.
This is how it's done throughout all official Tours in the country.
The problem with this Tour is that their is no official structure like that of an official Association or Federation run Tour/event.
One of the many things which does need to be attended to and resolved for next year!

Then lets move on to Sean and your post!

Under no circumstances should registration fees be part of any prize fund. That's what entrance fees are for. Also, no registration fee should be anywhere near as high as an entrance fee! That's standard policy.

As far as players knowing about the Tour, I hardly knew anything about the Tour until Paddy came to play in the Dublin League with us. Guys who I have travelling from Cork to play didn't even know about it. Another from Wexford and Waterford didn't know either!

How can you all expect to have improved standards and numbers if you don't make a good enough effort to reach out to all players in the "whole country"!!?
A simple email or newsletter would be sufficient!

Now I can confirm officially that myself and a number of my players were indeed considering travelling to Derry for the event but it unfortunately clashed with International Duty for many of the players.
Once again highlighting a big issue with the setup...
Clashes of events, especially within Ireland should be kept to a minimum, if not avoided completely. Naturally, this would open the door to many other players being available... That's of course if you manage to let them know about the Tour!

The focus on "MONEY", if you noticed, has been all that the posts above have been about.. no vested interest in the Tours reputation or lack of, or making at least the last event the focusing point of the year rather than the disaster in Derry.

Also with The Europeans coming in March 2011, it really doesn't seem like we are taking it seriously or are we thinking seriously about regaining our membership with the EPBF. That was a disgrace to let it go like that in the first place when they had given us so much backing in the past.
This is the last shot for each and every one of us in this regards.. you mess it up this time and I assure you it's gone for good!
Sam is well aware of this as I have spoken to him a number of times over the last few weeks.. literally since the Derry event!

A QUESTION TO YOU ALL..... Are you all aware of the above which I have just stated? Because to be perfectly honest here.. if you are, then we have much bigger problems than just a few snags with the Tour!

Now namrog or Billy,
I didn't skip you, but it was easier to respond to you after Sean, as most of your very valid points are covered above!
Also, regarding the rules, they should be made at the start of the tour and enforced throughout, only with official authorization from the "committee" can they be altered.
This doesn't appear to have been done at all... it rather looks like they have been just decided upon loosely as each event approached.
Same as with the times set out for the tour etc..
What national tour do you know of that ever officially started hours later than supposed to or with a player list less than 32 to 64 entrants?

Also may I ask the ages of your 2 sons, as they should have been put on a different fee structure depending on their age and category?
Obviously a lesser fee should apply.

Also moving on,

reading Gareth's other post, it appears that decisions are not being made by the "committee" otherwise why would he ask the question:

'Why wasn't all the committee members told about this?'

Why have a committee at all if its not being used or if they aren't working together? No communication it seems.... Another big problem which needs immediate change!

Then on the rules? Does anybody have an official copy of the entire documented tour rulebook which then can post up here right now for all to see?????

Surely it should state the unchallenged official answers to all of the above arguments?
YES? NO?

I NEED TO ASK, IS ANYBODY TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY OR SHOULD WE ALL JUST THROW IT ASIDE AND JOIN MARK FOR TEA AND BISCUITS...

Because not for the want of sounding insulting or disapproving, but the Mad Hatters Tea party had more reasoning than all the above.

Do we want this to work or not guys?

Has Sam wasted his time and efforts getting the new foundations set for the future of the game or what? Yes his heart and focus is in the right place..
Yes he sees the bigger picture and wants better for everyone..

What exactly is it you want ??
Gareth?
namrog or Billy?
Sean?
Mark?
And anybody else out there for that matter?

Based on all this nonsense there won't be a next year unless you get your focus on the bigger picture of what is going on and what it's all about.

Any response welcomed either here or directly.

Rgds,
David.

gahane
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/11/2010
Date: November 23, 2010 08:00PM
namrog. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but i wouldnt mind a token gesture to get new
> players into event
> 25 entry 20 reg r something along these lines

A fiver discount? that's not even a token. 30 quid for everything would be more appropriate. And I think we should be pretty realistic about the tournament. Based on previous tournaments we're going to get less than twenty, so if we can be professional and start it on time rather then the two to three hours late that's the norm and ditch the Calcutta then this is a one day tournament, even with double elimination.

Sean, as for your question about why the Dublin players aren't travelling up to play, can I remind you that there were twice as many Dublin players in the Derry event then Belfast players.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 09:37PM
1.Eddie the dublin players i ment were the ones whom are not already playing on the tour i know that you and gareth travel to the events.

Hi David thanks for the reply.

I think we all want the same thing for the game for a Pro tour and for it to be run professionaly and to the bigger and stronger through time. I understand to do this we need to attract more players to the game.

Another way to do this is not to add any money to the tournament charge any new players 30 to play and go ahead with the event. Then add the money to another tournament in the newyear or hold a one day event before christmas and add it to that then there would not be any problem's.

As for next year i do think that there has been alot lernt from doing the tour this year that needs to be changed to make it a success next year. I agree with everything that you are saying david esp.. getting our membership back with the EPBF and the right way to go about it. You have also made alot of valid points about the tour at the moment which need to be addressed before the tour goes into its next year.

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 10:15PM
hi david
i only herad of you recently and good job on your league
you seem to love pool and want it to grow in ireland like myself

my name is billy i a have 3 sons who play pool 9ball and 8ball
and we have traveled this country for 10 years playing pool.
and this is my first time seeing such a reaction to a tournament,

i never have been allowed to enter any tour are event and bargain with
are tell event organiser, about reg fees r entry fee,
simply it has to come down to pay and play.

i dont think 1 tournament is worth this much haassle
and to be really fair to sam he is putting regs fees in to prize
just to build pot fair play to him. first i have heard of this to its great tho

hope for new season all this gets sorted so we all can make a great tour.
so player can enter events further afield,which you and sam seem to have good contacts,

hi gahane
i know its not much of a token but it is something after all these
new players would get a chance to win all my reg money plus the rest of players
money too.

there was for the first time not many players from belfast at derry.
its just was a fluke that we were all busy at same day
but for years it been mostly belfast players at any event
the second last event in derry 8 belfast players few from derry,

as david said there is a bigger picture so hope tour can work it out.

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date: November 23, 2010 10:17PM
sounds good judgey im for that

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page:1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here