MOORE
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 27/08/2010
question about 7ft american pool table
Date: August 27, 2010 11:27AM
i have recently began playing american pool and am really thinking on buying a table the only problem is i only have room for a 7ft one. i would like to here peoples opinions on wether playing on a table like this regularily would improve my game or if it would ruin my game on the 9ft tables

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: question about 7ft american pool table
Date: August 27, 2010 11:47AM
Hi Moore,

A lot of purists will say its 9ft or nothing. But the truth is a lot of professionals, especially in the USA will have played many times on 'bar boxes' which are 7ft, and most leagues in america are played on 8ft tables.

I had a similar issue with space so I had to settle for an 8ft table, but my game has improved a huge amount because of it. Practicing on a 7ft table, is not ideal for competing on 9ft tables, but it is a lot better than no practice. And when you think about it you'll be playing 80% of the same shots.

My advice, if thats all that you can fit in, go for it. Practice is key to pool.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 28, 2010 03:12AM
Hey Moore, whereabouts are you located buddy?... the reason being is if you're not too far from the Belfast area, then it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange to meet up for some tourney practice, since the next IAPPT event is at Frames in Belfast next Sunday smiling smiley

If you have got a good sized back garden, then it's an option to consider having a large custom shed built to house a 9ft table as I have known of a few people to do just that and it has worked out well for them smiling smiley

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: August 28, 2010 06:24AM
Hi
if you are getting one look at www.gde.ie
Ger is excellent. His number is 00 353 86 2568691
regards
Fred

MOORE
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 27/08/2010
Date: August 30, 2010 04:17PM
thanks everyone for your input.

willie i am located just outside derry so belfast a bit too far to come, have recently started to practice at downeys

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 31, 2010 07:08PM
Ahh, no worries buddy, there's a couple of guys on the Tour that are from Derry and would play in Downeys fairly regularly.

Why not come along to the next tournament which is this Sunday at Frames in Belfast and you'll be able to meet ;em and perhaps arrange a practice night or 2 with them.

I hope this helps buddy and it'll be cool to have another new player on the tour.

If you like too, feel free to check out the tour's website (http://www.iapptour.com) and the there are more details on upcoming events, etc.

I hope this helps in some way or another smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here