willie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Irish 9Ball Championships Ruling
Date: August 08, 2010 01:20PM
Hey Everyone.

After some discussion the tour committee would like to announce a new ruling regarding entry for the Irish 9Ball Championships at Downeys on Dec 4th & 5th, which is a rule that we feel is only right and fair to have for the players who have supported the tour so far, to which we appreciate each and every one of you for doing so.

Only players who are fully paid up members and have played in at least 3 previous tour events, will be eligable to enter and compete in the Irish 9Ball Championships.

The reason we have this rule is because we want to show the same courtesy and gratitude to the players who have been contually supporting the tour throughout the year and by doing so with this ruling, it will stop any players who haven't been supporting the tour, to suddenly enter and potentially try to win the prize monies that you good people have been aiming for.

And so, the Irish 9ball Championships is now an exclusive event for players who have supported us and we would like to show our appreciation for this by restricting the entries to be for players who have been supportive and loyal to the tour.

We thank you all for your support and we hope that you will all continue to support the tour and to help make the tour and the sport of American Pool, better for us all.

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish 9Ball Championships Ruling
Date: August 08, 2010 11:27PM
whos the tour committee???

poolstars
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 27/04/2010
Date: August 16, 2010 05:14AM
In my opinion this is stupid, players like me who are only starting out wont be given the chance to play in tournaments.
If you want the tour to be successful and grow you can't turn away players, your restricting it.
thats just my two cents on the matter...

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 16, 2010 07:53AM
Hi poolstars,

There are 3 events coming up before the Irish 9Ball Championships in December, so any player that wants to play in the last event can easily enter those 3 tournaments and then play in the season finale. In total, there will have been 8 tournaments leading up to the big event so there has been plenty of opportunity for players.

No player is being turned away. On the contrary, the last event of the year is being used to attract more regular players to the tour. It would be counter productive to let players turn up for the biggest event and then ignore the tour for the rest of the year. Similar rules apply in other tours and sports. Some tours require players to enter every event.

I look forward to seeing you at the next 3 events.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here