Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Individual Players Cross Border 9Ball Pool League;
Date: June 02, 2005 03:36AM

This weekend is the closing date to enter the Individual Players League:

We have to make this weekend the cut off date for anymore entries in this Individual Players Cross Border 9Ball League as time is running out.

I've know dout that this players league will develop into the biggest event under the Irelands American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour in years to come with great feed back coming from a host of other counties who want to get involved.

At the minute the number of leagues stands at seven (56 players) who will do battle to see who will be crown the first Individual Players League Champion.

To many people are saying that there going to start a league in there area, but as again nothing has come of it so its time to move on with the players & organisers who want to get started.

Prize-Money:
Already waiting for the 8 qualifiers (8players only) who qualify for the rand-finals will be 2,000 in prize money paid down to the 1/4-finals.

The following areas where leagues will be taking part is as follows:

Dublin League one

Meath League

Tyrone League one

Dublin League two

Tyrone League two

Donegal League

Tyrone League three

Note:
Most of all the organisers has received there draw, fixtures, rules, ect and each league organiser will be contacted direct on how the final qaulifier will make up the 1/4- finals.

A you can see not bad prize-money (2,000 euros) between 8 players in our first season.

If anyone needs more info just contact me anytime on 07776365059 or from the Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059.

Thanks

Ronnie

Stephen Johnston
(IP Logged)

Date: June 03, 2005 12:15AM
Hello all

Has anyone any info on the Belfast League for this competition?

Thanks

Stephen

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: June 03, 2005 10:00AM
ronnie your own words:
"To many people are saying that there going to start a league in there area, but as again nothing has come of it so its time to move on with the players & organisers who want to get started".

i have a derry league organised AS I SAID I WOULD....let me know if you want us to enter or not, and ill email you the names of the players.
.................regards.............paul

Dillon
(IP Logged)

Date: June 03, 2005 10:41AM
hows a goin paul?

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2005 04:48AM
HI EVERYONE

I'm sorry to say this, but because there was so little info about the later stages of this event, there was only 1 league entered from Belfast and this was because that ALL the players who were down for the other 3 lagues wanted to know exactly what the prize money was and where it was being played and because none of this info was available, they decided not to play and I hope that this doesn't happen again because, I'll retire from playing reguardless if the lack of info happens again!

All tournaments should have every single fine detail should be confirmed as this is what is holding everyone back, but at the same time, it's difficult to keep everyone happy!

All I say is this...If you're gonna play in a tournament, you need to have all the info and a decent equipment to play it on, otherwise the players won't bother, if I was being honest with myself, I guess that's why I didn't go to any events after the open Euro Team qualifier, because I wasn't gonna pay out a lot of money to have to play a tournament where there are time when you're ass is sitting on the end rail of the table behind you to play a shot and untill the standard improves, I can't see myself hitting a ball in the near future unless there's gonna be a tournament in Club 9 because it's the only decent club on the tour and I don't give a damn if anyone agree's with me or not, but I been to the worls and a few other big event's and I'd rather get to play on good equipment than not!

I by no means, mean anything by this or any ill will to any of the room owners, but the standard of equipment is pure crap and it's about time that there was a decent standard of tables and other bit and bobs for the players to use, especially when they're paying an entry fee for a event!

I'm glad that there is a tour and it is definitely growing in popularity, but at the same time, you have to increase the standard and keep increaseing it all the time, otherwise players will simply lose interest in playing and therefore things look bad!

I mean this in the nicest way possible as I'm only saying from both a players and outsider's point of view and I can easily say that I am of both at the moment!

If anyone is unhappy about what I've said then that's fair enough because everyone is entitled to their say and I'm glad of that, but I'm just saying that if you want the standard of play to improve, then the standard of equipment MUST improve first, otherwise you ain't go a hope in hell!

I'm sorry for going on and on, but it's about time something was said and I've had all I can take of it!

either it improves or I find another tour to play on, but either way, I don't have any bad feeling to anyone, but it's got to be this bad with me that I'm sick of having to check if the pockets and rails are gonna play true or if the cueball ig gonna be the right size or too big or smaller then the object bals!

Sorry about such a long post everyone and I feel that If I didn't say something now, then I would just blowup and say something that I may regret and I don't ever want to do that cos I got too many guys on the tour that I respect too much and I don't want to lose the respect I have now!

Take care everyone and keep playng despite my ranting on because you guys will be the ones to improve, but how quickly you all improve is up to the clubs or our tour!

Willie

treadstone
(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2005 08:30AM
i agree with you willie. ive played on the tour a couple times and found that it was excellently run. that guy running it ronnie, does a great job, runs it well, and doesn't take crap. but the tables and balls vary and you shouldn't have to play in a club where you ass is on another table taken a shot or there is seats or tables blocking you. its stupid. i know owning a club is a business and they try to make moeny so its up to us the customers and tour to say we'll take our money to another club if they wont improve the equipment. in the end there is nothin in this country that will get them more customers than a successful tour and a bigger sport.

but its true that none of the club owners give a toss about the game. i only been in club9 once and i have to say its the only club in ireland run by pool players. the equipment seems okay. i cant stand tables taht roll and theirs seem pretty straight. i didn;t see any tour competitions on the list that are due in club9 this year and wud liek to know why. it can still be improved, but i think its the best club in ireland.

(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2005 09:18AM
HI TREADSTONE

Thank you buddy.^_^

I agree that the tour is run very well and I know that Club 9's Tables will ALL be recovered in 'Simmonis 860' TV BLUE very soon and it will be such a high standard club that it will be criminal to pool players to not have an event there and I can honestly say that I know that quite alot of players from the tour that have played will agree with me like you do and I know that Ronnie has already wanted to find out about getting sets of TV balls for the tour, but the sooner that he get's 'em the better for ALL the players!

I know that in Club 9, the place they're in has never had an upstairs floor before the club was opened and so when Joe, Sammy, 'Banana' and myself with a few others installed the 9fters, Joe, Sam, 'Banana' and myself got all the table so damn level that if you thought of there being a roll in the table, then you would be thinking of every other club in all of Ireland but Club 9, but now that the floor has settled as well as the tables, ALL the tables will be fine tuned again to the highest standard of level ness that is possible for any table and there will be Championship cloth on EVERY 9fter in the hall, did I mention that there will also be TV balls for tournaments too, this is another thing that will be another addition to the room and it will only be the tip of the iceberg as to what's coming up for this already great room!

Take care and I want to whole heartedly wish ALL participants of the X Border League the best of luck!

Willie

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2005 04:36PM

Hi William,

I'm not going to be drawen into a slaging match on this form and if your not happy with things i would appretiate that you can call me 07776365059 where we can have talk......first of all i want to reply to some of your comments you have made.......

Info on Tournaments:
I would like to cast your memory back to this years European championships, where all the proper information was given to, hotel was booked for you and so on and you made all these silly excuses at the last minute you couldn't go......where was the respect showen for fellow players, the event organisers, an myself.........every sinlge detail of information was given to you at that time, but as usual more excuses was made.......

Venues:
If you have notting nice to say about any of the tour venues, then please say notting at all.....

When i started the 9ball tour not to many players were playing the 9ball game & not to many venues had 9ball tables, we where, and still are,very greatful to have these venues and i respect these venues what they have already done for the tour.

I know some venues can be upgraded but everyone has to be patient and wait till it happens instead of slaging them off.

Iknow and heard that club 9 has got a great venue does that mean i drop everything and play all events at club 9 and pack up the rest of the venues...(if this is the way you operate its certainly not for me).

I spoke to Joe Mattews and explained this situtation and we will have tournaments at his venue but not at the minute as the t/ment diary is full.....

Note:
William if your not going to the tournaments thats your decision, but keep your comments to yourself instead of slaging of these venues, equipment, players, and the luckey players that won tournaments off.....

I would like to inform you that some of these comments are not helping our game grow, and i would appreciate if you could come to the tournaments and put these comments you have stated to the venue owners insted of posting them on this form......as i said if you donen't want to go to these events (done go) and let the rest of us get on with it....

I'm sorry William, but if you have notting nice to say please keep your comments to yourself.......

So your not going to Letterkenny after you telling me to ask Alex to book you Bed & Breakfast which i've done, so now your not going.........(what's new).

Chat Soon

Ronnie

treadstone
(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2005 05:17PM
ronnie,

i know your reply was to willie but i'd like to say a thing or too about what you said. first from what i saw in the couple of competitions i was in everyone takes their hat off to you for what youve done. thered be no tour if it wasnt for you. so i dont think anyone is slaggin you here.

u said "If you have notting nice to say about any of the tour venues, then please say notting at all". how aree things like equipment meant to improve if no one is allowed talk about it. maybe the guy running this site should have a separate forum for peoples reviews of clubs. this is a forum and people shoudnt be put off giving their oppinion even if its negative

and where did anyone say lets play all the events in club9?

i think ur over reacting a bit but at least u answered my question about club9 and the tour. maybe next year.

all the best, and keep runnin a great tour.

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 06, 2005 05:07AM
Treadstone,

If you look in the 'Venues' section of this site, there is already an area for people to post reviews and rate clubs.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

(IP Logged)

Date: June 06, 2005 07:22AM
Hi Ronnie

1st, I did not post this to have a slanging match either, I'm posting this because I feel that the tour is at a great standard at the moment, but the standard of play is just being held back, not by the tour, but but only 1 or 2 of the venues we have and all I'm saying is that I think that it's about time that the clubs realise that the tour is open tour is practically at Proffessional standard and the organisation is second to none!^_^

2nd, I also typed that reply because I was trying to say about these things in the nices way possible, but it just seems to me that if anyone want's something to improve that they're the worst thing on Earth and I must admit that it's not right to expect everyone just to go on as normal and bite their tounge, but it's always gonna be just a matter of time before someone else would bring up the same subject, but because I brought it up, then I seem to be the devil, when I know that I'm a player and I don't mean anything bad in what I say and I've said this on more occasion than enough!!!

I understand that you called me on Sat, but I had already conked out for the night, but if you had phoned me on the Sunday, then I could've talked to you personally about this instead of on the forum, but again, it is a forum and it's just me thinking out loud and nothing more!

I have in no way criticised you Ronnie and my decision to NOT go to L'Kenny is because I'd rather sort out my limit from playing first and go to tournaments that I can play in, but if I was told that I could play this weekend, then I will go!

Now, I'm gonna say this once and once only!!!

I HAVE SAID WHAT I SAID AS A POINT OF VIEW, NOT OF A MEANS OF OFFENDING ANY CLUBS/OWNERS OR THE TOUR AND IT'S PLAYERS!!!!

I'M ONLY SAYING AS A WAY OF IMPROVING THE STANDARD OF LPAY TO IT'S REAL POTENTIAL, WHEN YOU GET THE FULL POTENTIAL OF ALL THE PLAYERSON COURSE, THEN YOU'RE GONNA SEE PLAYERS IN EVENTS LIKE THE EURO CHAMPS, GOING OVER THERE AND ACTUALLY GETTING TO THE MORE LATER STAGES, QUITE POSSIBLY THE FINAL AS EVERY PLAYER HAS GOT THE ABILITY!... THIS IS WHY i HAVE SAID WHAT I'VE SAID AND NOTHING MORE!!!

Take care everyone and again, I have a right to an opinion, but it is an opinion that only wants to see the tour get better and better, but some people see this as a way of trying to put the tour down, when in fact that is in no way the intention at any time!... I'll leave this for you guys to to decide!

Willie!

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here