paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
clash of dates?
Date: July 06, 2010 08:49AM
its a shame that players will have to choose what tournament to go to on 31st july, either downeys first event or the all ireland championship... As a pool player it would have been nice to particapate in both events.

Can either event not be moved so that players can travel and play in both?

Would it not be better more players at both events especially as its the first all ireland in cork and first tournament in downeys.

Just a thought but has echoed by a few players to me at last event.

I think common sense should prevail here and i dont see how it should be a problem to change the date.

Paddy Mc Loughlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 08:50AM by paddy number 1.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: clash of dates?
Date: July 07, 2010 12:27PM
anyone??

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: July 07, 2010 12:55PM
Yeah, its unfortunate that the dates clash this year. The All-Ireland is usually the last Saturday in July and the IAPPT usually play the first weekend of the month. It's pity the IAPPT August event is not the first Saturday in August, but I do understand why it was moved from the 1st Aug to 31st July.

I would love to play in both, but I guess players will just have to choose. For me, I'll only have one opportunity to play in Cork this year (plus its the All-Ireland), and I'll be able to head to Derry later this year, so I guess its Cork (even though it'll probably cost me my #1 ranking).

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: July 07, 2010 01:38PM
I agree with you Paddy, i said the same when dates were announced, it seems to be a straight choice of where to play on that date, pity but that looks like the only option, different if we had a massive player pool but sure. Only in Ireland!!

Cheers

Stephen

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 07, 2010 02:38PM
i put forward to sam that this date be moved, i dont see what the problem is at all, the more tournaments to play in the better.......

I hope that sense prevails here.

Paddy Mc Loughlin

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 19, 2010 05:20PM
Hi Everyone

We are sorry to announce that Jason Lawrence from McDermott Cues won’t be able to attend the next event in Derry because of a date clash with another prior engagement.

why not move the event and let everyone be available to play in both events? Its complete nonsense.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here