Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Event dates
Date: June 01, 2010 11:31AM
Hi all, i see dates as dec 19th and 19th for the double elim event in downeys, what are the actual dates? I'm assuming its a two day stay for this and could it not have been any other date bar the week before Christmas?

Cheers

Stephen

willie
(IP Logged)

Re: Event dates
Date: June 01, 2010 06:17PM
Hi Stephen.

It's the 18th & 19th Dec, as it's a 2 day event.

The poster has been corrected and reposted and is only a temporary poster since there are more details and updates to add at a later time, but this will be done when the details are finalised smiling smiley

Cheers

Willie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2010 11:48PM by willie.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2010 09:27AM
I totally agree with stephen here, having an all ireland championship a week before xmas is asking a bit much from players, alot will probably will not travel but lets wait and see i guess.

The problem I see with the calendar is the date clashing, i believe that ronnies all ireland championship clashes with event 5 and the us open qualifer glasgow clashes with event 4.......

obviously you cant please everyone but when i look at the gb9ball tour the organisers schedule there tour around world events and i believe that if this tour is going to get anywhere thats the way it needs to go.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2010 11:26AM
I didn't select the dates and so I'm not the guy to speak to on that score smiling smiley

What I do know is that July 4th was already chosen for event 4, before the SAPPA US Open qualifyer was announced on Pro9, the events calendar would have been created and posted much much sooner, but we felt it best to confirm all the dates first before publishing our events calendar.

Reguarding the July 31st event clash, originally event 5 was planned to be held on the following day, (Sun) but the tour has been given the green light to host our Downeys events on Saturdays and we believe this is better for the tour and the players and so we have chosen Saturdays for our events in Downeys.

Reguarding the Irish Championships in Dec, I imagine that the option to bring forward that can be discussed at the next event, after all this IS a player's tour and the players have a say in it too.

As reguards other tours, etc, this is our tour's 1st year in operation and so in order to give a proper chance to smooth out any creases, we are respectfully going to concentrating on getting our own tour running smoothly, once the tour's 1st year has been over with, then we can work with other tours and construct out tour calendar to keep event clashes to a minimum.

Unfortunawtely with any tour, it's inevitable that there will be at least 1 or 2 date clashes in a year, and this is due to the sheer number of individual tours and events in snooker and blackball, as well as in American Pool, and so unfortunately this is part and parcel of the sport.

I hope this helps to clear up some confusion to some degree or another.

Willie

namrog.
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/06/2010
Date: June 02, 2010 04:14PM
hope willie's answer helps stephen.lol

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: July 07, 2010 01:47PM
Hi all, i believe Sam has brought forward the dates for the double elim tourney in Downeys, the new dates being Sat 4th and Sun 5th December. I believe this to be a sensible move and i think more players would play on these dates. Well done Sam.

Cheers

Stephen

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: July 07, 2010 03:29PM
Yes that's right Stephen, I have an updated Calendar that I will forward to Gareth now for him to add to the site smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here