poolstars
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 27/04/2010
Help needed pls
Date: April 27, 2010 09:35AM
Hi all,

Im living on the northside of Dublin and looking for practice venues, I know there is the LeisurePlex in Coolock but is there anywhere else?

I was also thinking about getting my own table, the only prob is lack of space, but is there anywhere where u can rent a place and have a table in it? Has anyone tried anything like this? what was the rent like etc any advice would be aprreciated

I use to play a bit in the Palace but at their rates it was very expensive to have a few games of pool during the week so I thought maybe in the long run it would be alot cheaper to rent somewhere.

I was in Ejrileys looking at their American Pool tables and they wanted 2,500 euro so I'm just gathering info and prices and take it from there.

thanks all for your help

StephenD
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 25/04/2010
Re: Help needed pls
Date: April 27, 2010 10:30AM
Hey, i cannot help you in regard to finding places to keep a table or anything, but i am looking to sell my 9 ball table. I bought it 4 yrs ago and it is in pristine condition. It is a Brunswick Metro 9ft table and i have a lot of accessories with it too. It is the same make of table they used on the pro tour for many years.
If you or anyone is interested email me stekishi@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Stephen

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: April 27, 2010 10:58AM
Myself and Fred Dinsmore set up a practice room in Rathmines a couple of years ago. We spent a good few months looking for a place that was just the right size and location. We then invited 4 other players to join us and share the costs, which were around 270 euro a month.

Since then, all but one of the original players has left, and it is now run by David Poole who has moved it to a new location near Tolka Park on the northside. He is always looking for new players, so you might be best contacting him (http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/).

Fred was selling his 9ft BCE Vegas 2000 Series very reasonably. Click on this link to see it [www.irish9ball.com].

Let me know if I can give you any other advice.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

poolstars
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 27/04/2010
Date: April 27, 2010 06:22PM
Hi

Thanks StephenD, I'll keep your table in mind.

thanks very much Gareth for the info, I have emailed [www.thepoolknightshack.info] so I'm hoping to hear back. Does he has a contact phone number?

Where are the Dublin Pool Players practicing? Is there any halls in Dublin at all?

Its a pity your practice venue in Rathmines didn't work out, its a fantastic idea!

Hopefully I can find somewhere to practice and maybe make one of these tourneys!

D

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: April 27, 2010 07:38PM
hi

would you concider playing in any of the tournaments in belfast?

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2010 08:50PM
Hi if you want info on the table contact me through my website

www.freddinsmore.com

Regards
Fred

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: August 24, 2010 01:12PM
Hi
I sent u an email through site but don't know if I did it right? If u fancy a practice partner my table Is in club celbridge, give me a call 087 2797314.
Regards
fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here