Date: April 16, 2010 07:56AM
NO NO NO for a rack!! HELL NO!!!!

willie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: delta 13 value for money?
Date: April 16, 2010 10:45AM
My sentiments exactly smiling smiley

that's like some greedy @#$%&bartender charging 20 for a brewski, (Beer).

I'd be happy enough to stick with the black heavy duty tournament racks, they're cheap, solid, they give a good tight rack, and well worth the bankroll spent on 'em smiling smiley

Willie

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: April 16, 2010 01:54PM
Any none-flexible wood, metal or plastic triangle will give a decent rack. But most of it is down to the technique of the person racking, and how well they can roll balls in towards the centre of the rack, while setting them.

But there is only one guaranteed way to get a good rack every time, and that is to 'tap' the table before the competition, which is what the EPC and Eurotour do. Obviously that's not possible in a club competition, and anyone tapping a ball during a match, generally makes things worse.

Gareth.

P.s. mind the language thumbs up

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: April 16, 2010 03:03PM
gareth would it be possible to send a newsletter to everyone who has registered on the site (email) about the next event?

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: April 16, 2010 03:04PM
There's 1 problem with tapping the tables though.

Tapping the rack area actually speeds up the wear and tear on the cloth and so, if you got a table at home and you're going to tap the table, then sooner rathee than later, you're not gonna be able to break the balls at a faster speed because there'll be the problem of the snowball being given a free flight ticket from the table to the floor, trust me I know this all too well from past experience.

It's the same problem with using a wooden rack that has metal ball studs on the corners, the repeating tracks the rack takes each time will also wear the cloth away quicker, especiall on the foot spot itself.

A good rack to have, which should I feel it should have already been manufactured, is an American Pool version of the tournament triangles used in televised snooker tournaments.

Those racks are lined with felt around the inside and the rack has got 4 felt covered wheels on the underside, to protect the cloth from extra wear and tear cause by reracking.

This is just my views in general.

Willie

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: April 16, 2010 03:05PM
"gareth would it be possible to send a newsletter to everyone who has registered on the site (email) about the next event?"

I agree with this suggestion, after all, it'll help to give more players the opportunity to compete on the tour.

Willie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2010 03:07PM by willie.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: April 16, 2010 07:05PM
I agree with what your saying about tapping, thats why it should only be used for competitons. I've never been a fan of it, and wouldn't do it on my own table. But it solves a major issue in tournaments. When you've seen a professional ask his opponent to re-rack the same rack six times, and then scale that up to 128 players doing it, it not only makes it time consuming but also stops the event from being broadcast. smiling smiley

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: April 17, 2010 07:28AM
We should just teach everyone how to rack them by hand.
Generally though, nobody every checks to see if the balls are racked tightly, it can make the difference between winning and losing and having a fair game. I always check to make sure all balls are touching as best I can.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: April 18, 2010 05:14PM
Ive used the Delta Rack in the BWPPA events they certainly work however as they are a heavy metal I would be a bit concerned what effect the have on balls over a long period of time? But the do keep the rack tight!!!!

Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here