sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 04/03/2010
IRISH TOUR PAYING BY PAY PAL
Date: April 13, 2010 08:28PM
To all players we are going to set up pay pal hope this helps out.If you all agree and think it would be easier.That way we would have a idea before the event to know roughly how many players there would be.We will be setting up a committee this should be done in the next couple of events if anyone has any one in mind please let me know.As you all know the tour is new and any input towards the tour would help.I have spoken to alot of other people who run events asking there advive,most of the tours that are run,are done on double ko but they are done over two days it would be nice if we could do this.But for now we will have to stay with the way it is hopeing that we start to get more players.Also joe and i will be adding some money to some events,this will be done once we have a couple of events done and know roughly how many players there will be.We will add money based on the number of players we have, so the more players there is the more money we will add example 32 players 100 added each 8 players after that 50 added so with the work that is being done by myself and some other people behind the scene hopefully it pays off, because pool in Ireland has alot of work to be done to get it at the level that it should be at.So with the help of everyone that playes we can make it happen, but like i have been saying we need all the help we can get from everyone that plays for those that dont know Mcdermott cues are going to sponser the event in june by way of sending rep over,and giveing us a cue if anyone wants to see the cue they are giveing us is called Dubliner cost $500 dollar So its a start But we will kept trying to get as much sponsers as we can because what ever we get it will be added towards the tour in some form by way of adding some of the money from the sale of the cue or a raffle for the cue.Also i will auction it of price starts at 250 and will run to the end of the 4th event which is july 4th so happy bidding remember the money will be used for the tour all the best and hope to see some new faces at next event 25 to play or if you dont want to be member its 30, Membership is 25 for the year. At the last event of the year we are hopeing to add 1000 but this is only open to players that have played in 5events and are members,all so they must live in Ireland all the best and hope you all get good rolls 9 on the snap gets the cash

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: IRISH TOUR PAYING BY PAY PAL
Date: April 14, 2010 07:36AM
Hi Sam, thats some great news.
I have many ideas for the tour and certainly wouldn't mind being part of the commitee.

When there is enough interest to merit a 2 day D-KO event I think there should be a freezeout - KO tournaments on the second day to let members knocked out of the main event have the chance to lift something, especially if they have pre-booked b&b etc.
So a small 8 man KO event in which winner takes all. Maybe 20 entry, 150 to the champ? Adding 10 to the tour treasury for each small event like this you can hold.
You could have multiple events like this on the same day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2010 07:37AM by Chris the master cyclone.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: April 14, 2010 10:00AM
Yea sammy sound good! 9 on the snap who da feck set them up. lol

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: April 14, 2010 01:50PM
lmao @ Judgey :lol:

Paypal is definitely the way to go as it'll make the tour more accessible by having another payment option, for paying entry or tour membership fees, etc, and also it'll help to reduce the time taken to make the draw.

Major thumbs up from me smiling smiley

Willie

sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date: April 14, 2010 07:51PM
Chris i think that double ko is the way to go but as of now we can only use frames on a sunday. So if at one point we have say 32 players it would last to long, if it was sat then i would have no problem, I think with frames its a case of getting the owners trust back,same as getting players back chris it will all take time also if you want to do a eight man mini event then i cant see it being a problem iam sure you will get 8 players without a problem.chris i have spoken to a couble of my friends that run or have ran tours and they all said the best way is race to 7 alternet brack poople think it is a short race but most of the matches take about a hour to play also the room owner still wants to be able to rent some tables at some point maybe if we have event in cork then we could hold 2day event with double points.So chris i think for now we will just kept it the way we started it but thanks for the input it all helps have a good nite and hope to see you at next event

sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date: April 14, 2010 08:11PM
Well like i said 9on the snap gets the cash and you my special friend you racked them, see the way isee it is its not the racker its the cracker.One thing is that tonite you came from irack and i came from iran, but i must say since you got racking device you are by far the best racker in all of Ireland just kept racking them and i will kept cracking them and at one point i will so you how to you KNOW SHOULD I SAY IT 9ON THE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNAP No had good time will take me to the end of tour to get in stroke or at my age maybe it just wont come back.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: April 14, 2010 08:29PM
lol mo fo ur right there. i took pitty on you old man. na i enjoyed the pool and it was good to catch up again until next time (lesson number 3!!!!)

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: April 14, 2010 09:04PM
snapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp crackle and pop!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here