sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 04/03/2010
1st Event Frames
Date: March 28, 2010 11:21PM
Thanks to all the players that turned up to Frames to the frist event of the year.It was a good turn out for the first event.Well done to Paddy Mclouglin who again showed that he still is the man to beat.He beat gareth Deegan in the final 9-3 also well done to Big Adian Finnerty who played great makeing it to the last four,also in the the last four was Dan Gorman who played great only to run into Paddy.It was great to see all the players,and hear the buzz of the players hpoefully more players will be at the next event May2nd at frames all players be there by 12 play starts at 1.There will be a dress code form now on dress pants collard shirt and dress shoes.we are working on a sponser for the tour also we are working on orther places for the tour downeys in Derry will be holding a Event date to be aranged and Dublin has showed interst in haveing a Event hopefully with the help of the players we can really have a good tour. But we need help from all the players in any way from input, to trying to get sponsership for the tour. Because at the end of it the tour is for you the players.Entry fee is 25 if tour menber or 30 on the day tour membership cost 25per year. Getting back to todays Event paddy 1st 180 2nd Gareth Deegan 100 3rd and 4th Adian Finnerty 40 and Dan Gorman 40 like i said tour leader at end of year will win a cue Thanks to all the players who came today and i look forward to the next event and hopefully there will be a few new players again Thanks again see you all may2nd also joe should have his lathe at next Event good rolls to all

willie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: 1st Event Frames
Date: March 29, 2010 07:32AM
I would also like to Congradulate Paddy, Gareth, Aiden and Dan on some good shooting yesterday, and also to Sam, Joe and Frames for hosting the event smiling smiley

It was a good and enjoyable tournament, it was great to see alot of familiar faces again and I'm looking forward to competing in the next event in May smiling smiley

See you guys in May smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2010 10:09AM
good to see you yesteday willie......... see ya at the next event smiling smiley

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2010 10:11AM
It was good to see you also Paddy, see you at the next event buddy smiling smiley

Willie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2010 12:19PM
Well done Paddy, Gareth, Dan and big hand for Aidso, first semi final, good shootin' mate. I was hoping for longer races at the tourney or double elim but that is not a criticism, i'm glad to see regular pool back on the agenda. Well done all.

Cheers

Stephen

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2010 01:37PM
cheers stephen....

so what improvements if any could we have at the next event?

aramith balls for me is a must have for the tour to start with.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2010 02:58PM
Hi Paddy, yes pro cup balls would be great, i know Sam has spoken to some contacts, lets see if they can help in any way. Not a bad turnout for first event and there were a few who couldn't make it who will be playing in future, one thing i will say, some still have a habit of turning up late, people coming the furthest were there first, shouldn't be lads, that extra 45 mins or so might mean longer match race if we start on time, just an observation but all in all good stuff.

Cheers

Stephen

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: March 29, 2010 07:03PM
Sorry i was not there lads i had to do alter boy at the 1.30 mass lol but i will see yous in may.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: March 30, 2010 03:07AM
good first event but theres plenty of room for improvement, lets not get carried away..... if players wont support the tour then its a dead ball as far as im concerned, theres so many things that can be improved but if people wont show up then its not going to be any better than ronnies tour, not taking any sides but if we dont have match balls, trophies and routes to bigger events then its no better than before, its going to be an average tour with an average turn out, guna be honest if i finished number one at the end of the tour id want something better than a cue, if we cant look to the future and send good players like the bear, etc to future events in europe then why bother having a tour.......

there was nearly 70 players at an all ireland event, whoever is running a tour has to get these players back playing, im sure it isnt hard to get there contact details and promote events in national newspapers etc, and now that a new tour has started it needs a website and a recognised tour name instead of event one.... I enjoyed the first event but things could be so much better, look at the 8ball tour, correct me if im wrong, 40 - 50 players at the least, attract these players and maybe irish pool will be in a good place in a years time.

sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2010 07:58AM
Good input guy about balls and players going places.That is the plan but remember we have no sponser as of yet.I have sent email to lot s of people about sponsership but have had no feed back. it would be nice to play with good balls if any player on the tour wants to buy them then feel free as of winning a cue at the end of it well thats the best i can do for now bit if you want to pay more money per event say 40 i will keep 15 per player and someone will go to a big event remember only players that have paid there full membership will get points so who ever paid there full amount on sunday get points its not fare for someone to get points that are non members.Also i will be haveing tour cards made up not free posters made again not free cue not free so the way i see it i will be out some money if we don,t get sponser.Yea there was 70 players at 1 point but it is also up to you players to help and get them back and let them know its a new tour remember you have to crawl before you can walk,if you dont like the balls we are useing then wait untill we get some good ones and for trip at end of year maybe play on tour that allready gives spots to big events if that is what you want just doing my best with what i have got all best

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2010 08:28AM
yea sam you a are 100% right, the more players the better the prizes isnt that the way it normaly works. paddy you were no.1 on the tour for ages and you didnt even get a cue, i think we should be happy the were all playing again.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2010 02:25PM
It took the old tour 2/3 years to get the 72 players in the AIC and I know because I competed on the old tour for the 1st 3 1/2 - 4 years smiling smiley

The new tour has only just started and had 1 event, and I know that Joe & Sam want to have a tour that has got the best equipment and plenty of opportunities for bigger events that players can aim for, but New York City wasn't built in a day and there is ALOT of effort going on behind the scenes to try and really the tour running the way you guys want it tok, but you're gonna need to be patient and help to show more support to the tour by speaking to other players and doing whatever you can to help adertise and promote the tour smiling smiley

Spots to send a player to a major event like the US Open, etc, (inc travel and/or Hotel) costs alot of money and money doesn't grow on trees.

As for the cue at the end of the year, it'll more liekly be a cue stick that it worth about 500/600, but as Sam has said, if you guys want to pay a higher entrance fee each month, and have the money put towards sending a player to a big event, then by all means say so and it can be discussed with the other players to see if they are happy to do that also, since it is a players tour smiling smiley

Reguarding the Aramith ball sets, I'm getting in contact with various suppliers for Super Aramith Pro ball sets for the tour, although they are very expensive because of the crappy exchange rates against the Euro, etc, but rest assured that I am working on this and doing the best I can to help make the tour better for us all.

It was stated and advertised for the tour, that the prize money will be paid out to 25% of the field and that's exactly what was done in the 1st event and will be done in each event on this tour, which was NEVER EVER done on the old tour.

It is good to have feedback and suggestions from the players, because it is a players tour, but perhaps they can be put forward in a more positive and constructive manner smiling smiley

Now, we are planning to have live streaming for tour events with 1 or possibly 2 tables being designated for online streaming, as well working on live scoring for the events being streamed online, but this too will take time to set up and organise properly.

In the meantime, do whatever you guys can to let other players know about the tour and events, so that we can all work together at creating a tour we can all be happy and proud of smiling smiley

Willie

sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Re:bigger events
Date: March 31, 2010 04:59PM
One thing i will say the Irish tour membership is by far the chepest of any tour i have played on.And you had to pay the membership first or you did not play,thats how some tours are able to send players to bigger events remember when joe and i owned the pool hall alot of players went over to england to play and we paid for it so i think you should give us a chance and we will show you what we can do i have so many contacts in the pool world that getting spots should not be a problem but it will take time for this to happen we plan on running this for a long time there has been 9ball pool in Ireland for 10years and where has anyone been sent,unless they won it at club9 we would love to send players to all the big events but we can not do this with out all the players helping out so please just give us a chance we want you the players to be involed so we are setting up a committee. By the way willie just got 10 racks so things are starting to happen

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2010 08:33PM
Happy day's things are moving foward then. well done willie on getting the racks!!!!!!!!!!.

Im sure if we all put our heads together we can make this work?

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2010 09:11PM
Thanks buddy and again I totally agree with both replies smiling smiley

Time to get the next rack rollin smiling smiley

Willie

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: April 01, 2010 07:27PM
I wasn't able to make the first event because of financial difficulties...but I will put my heart and soul into getting more players involved in the new tour.
I will use my good internet/advertising abilities to advertise the tour on every 8ball/snooker/american pool website there is in the UK and Ireland, I will post it on my music websites, festival websites, my own personal websites and spread the word by mouth to the clubs in Bangor and Down. You can email me the card template and I will print out a batch of them.
This website for instance, how many hits does it recieve? Can this be increased?
The new facebook page, to add fans and create interest you can easily search for pool/snooker pages and add friends from that page to build on POSSIBLE players.

Once the tour starts to look professional (ie posters, committee, etc) alot more people will be intrigued to try it out and register.

I will start on my work.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: April 01, 2010 07:50PM
Nice one smokey, that's the kind of effort we're looking for and it's definitely appreciated buddy smiling smiley

Give me a hollar and let me know what you got in mind as I've started working on a few other ideas along those lines that would be a good addition to get more promotional coverage for the tour smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here