Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: NEW Dublin 9 Ball Pool League along with Members Match & Practice Venue
Date: March 22, 2010 07:09AM
Timo,

I disagree with every statement you had to make.
For one 90% of tournaments held over here are non-restricted open tournaments, the only time they are not is when it is a members only club or there is a small amount of tables.
The handicap system was a test subject to see if it would attract more of the less abled players, because all we had every year for 4/5 years was Paddy winning the tournaments, because he was consistent.
Paddy is beatable, like anyone and everyone, even the best football teams in the world aren't undefeated, he ain't a machine. I remember the time he came up against me in my form in the semi-finals one year, I was 6-5 up but lost my nerve on the 8and9 ball to let him back in, he beat me 7-6, I wasn't ashamed, I learnt not to take a shot for granted.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
Date: May 14, 2010 06:32PM
Timo.. haven't met ya before I don't think... but why don't you get involved in the League and see how different the standard is in Dublin nowadays? smiling smiley

There's lots to play for!!

go to the website if you like..

www.thepoolknightshack.info

Come the end of the month there will be a get together in the venue for a few games.. maybe a competition and set out the details of the League and the final list of participants before it starts the first week in June.
We won't be waiting any longer so that's the deadline to snap up the final places.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
Date: November 12, 2010 07:37PM
Hi all,

I bring you some very important news which I need you to seriously think about...

Firstly,
Just an update on The Pool Knight Shack and the League etc...

We are half way through the Dublin 9 Ball League where you can see the standards improving week by week... Paddy has noticed it himself and said it to me about a number of the guys...

It's great to see them all playing so well and even more so... really enjoying it!!

That's what it's all about after all...

Now that the 2nd half is underway you can see the competitive streaks coming out in all players, new and experienced. It will definitely be an interesting 2nd half running up to the Championship Playoff which directly follows the League for all who qualify.

It was great to have some of the old practice room members come by to see the developments (Gareth Deegan, Joe and Eoin O'Driscoll).
I hope to see them all back again very soon and even playing in the league next season.

----------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I personally found it very disappointing to hear that Ireland had lost its membership with the EPBF and could no longer participate in European and World Championship events.

I wrote to the president of the EPBF to query this and try come to a resolution on the matter. After numerous corresponding emails the situation was then taken to board level with the EPBF to discuss further.

The EPBF have come back to me and agreed to reconsider the membership so long as we in Ireland can comply with the EPBF's statues and standards. Due to very unsatisfying developments resulting in our failure to do so before has left a big dent in our reputation with Europe.

So under The Pool Knight Shack, we have effectively been given a life line, which has surprised even the higher end individuals involved in some of the official Associations and Federations that I am currently a part of here in Ireland.

The Pool Knight Shack is now the official contact and representative with the EPBF regarding American Pool in Ireland. We are in the process of re-developing and rebuilding a good relationship with them in that regard.

To ensure this is a complete success and open the doors to many opportunities for all Irish Players involved in any and all Irish Cue Sports, we need to all come together and work as a complete team. There cannot be separations between groups, there cannot be different Tours and Tournaments running at the same times effectively dividing the Players and preventing us from moving forward.
From here on it must be set out and governed properly with all of those issues being dealt with and ironed out completely.

I can assure you we will not be given this opportunity again so it's crucial we start doing what is required of us and act in the best interest of the Players and the Sport and Game which we all love so much.

So to all past and present Pool Players, Promoters and Tour enthusiasts alike... now is the time to separate all views and feelings regarding all the years gone by, take all conflicts of interest from the past, push them completely to one side and lets make a fresh start.

I do fully believe that we can achieve what we all wished for at one point or another over the years.

Now is our chance to make a change for the better.

I am David Poole, Members Assigned Manager and Spokesperson for The Pool Knight Shack in Dublin. I hope to hear from each and every player, promoter and general supporter who is still interested in the great game of Pool and who want to support a new and United Players Organisation for 2011 onwards.

I have managed to speak with and receive the full support of a number of you already, including the backing of major Pool Associations and Federations.

My contact information is below so please get in touch ASAP...

Thank you for you time...

Yours in Pool,
David.

PHONE: 0872381202 (00353872381202) (+353872381202)

EMAIL1: admin@thepoolknightshack.info
EMAIL2: patches.ie@gmail.com

FACEBOOK: Pool Knight Shack

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here