Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/01/2010
NEW Dublin 9 Ball Pool League along with Members Match & Practice Venue
Date: January 18, 2010 12:42AM
New Dublin 9 Ball Pool League coming soon!... see website for information on it and get in touch.. League places limited to 20 players for 2010.

www.thepoolknightshack.info

Current players signed up include 3 of the 4 Man Inter County All Ireland Team Champions from 2007, Paul Tierney, Charlie Hanlon & David Poole... These are amongst many other new players taking to 9ball pool... many with 8ball international playing experience!

Look forward to hearing from you,

David (+353) 87 238 1202

-David Poole-
http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/Irish%20Tour/I.P.B.A..bmp
[
www.irishpocketbilliards.com];

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: NEW Dublin 9 Ball Pool League along with Members Match & Practice Venue
Date: January 21, 2010 01:16AM
Hi David,

I've heard good things about your new venue, and wish you all the best with the league. There were a lot of good players in your last league so this one should be great.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: January 21, 2010 07:37AM
SOUNDS GOOD ALL WE NEED IS ONE STARTED UP THIS DIRECTION THEN MAYBE WE COULD ALL PLAY EACHOTHER ?

Judgey

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: January 21, 2010 01:13PM
Lads, Just a note.....

With this League you're not restricted to a date or time to play your match.. you just need to play your match within the designated time frame.. ie one match every 7 days.. or 2 every 10 days.. depends which is more manageable as per the start date..

You basically just arrange with your opponant the date and time that suits you both within the 7 days, so long as it's played within the time and the result submitted there's no problem.

It may be awkward from some to get down to Dublin on the weekdays but nothing to stop you arranging your match for the Saturday orSunday to suit your schedule.

All members have the facility online to log in and book/reserve a table for when they wish to attend, whether it be for practicing, for a challenge match or a League and Championship game.. so there's no issue with arriving and finding a table is not free. All online bookings take priority..

That might help facilitate other players interested in the League but with travel in mind etc..

Cheers,
David.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 22, 2010 11:17AM
hiya david can u email me please. paddysnooker@hotmail.com

cheers

paddy

centre half
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/01/2010
Date: January 26, 2010 03:54PM
Where is this venue folks?

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: January 26, 2010 04:27PM
It's a place called Charthouse Business Centre.. It's on the Richmond Road, Drumcondra, Dublin. (Not far from Shelboure Stadium "Tolka Park"

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 28, 2010 07:37PM
HI DAVID

I AM THINKING OF STARTING A SMALL LEAGUE UP IN BELFAST WILL YOU EMAIL MR DETAILS OF HOW YOU ARE PLANING TO RUN IT. seanjudge@gaelicstar.com

Cheers

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 28, 2010 09:24PM
If you guys can get one set up in Belfast, let me know the details and I'll see about coming up to shoot in the league also smiling smiley

Have you guys got a venue in mind for the league in Belfast? smiling smiley

Willie

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 29, 2010 09:01AM
Yea willie we would use our pool room in P/Glass as it would be cheaper than frames.

but if the 2 players wanted to play in frames or where ever they agree that would be ok.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 29, 2010 04:27PM
I'd be happy with playing my league matches in Frames as it's much easier for me with travel wise smiling smiley

I saw your thread about the Belfast league and I'll send you an e-mail later this evening or tomorrow and see what's what smiling smiley

Willie

VINCNET82
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 31/01/2010
Date: February 01, 2010 10:08AM
ThePoolKnightShack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a place called Charthouse Business Centre..
> It's on the Richmond Road, Drumcondra, Dublin.
> (Not far from Shelboure Stadium "Tolka Park"

is this up and running now?open to public or membership?

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: February 02, 2010 10:53PM
It's not open to the Public no.. mainly membership..
Each indiviual gets their own access code and can use the venue when ever it suits them.
Members also have the facility to reserve/book a table for the day and time they wish to attend etc.. there are many perks.
To play in the League you must be a member.
To participate in some of the other Tournaments you don't..
Reason is these will be set dates..
The League has more flexibility.. the players have a week to play their game and arrange when suits them both.
That's why mainly it's a membership thing.. members get full access and free pool (American Pool and Blackball Reds & Yellows)

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: February 03, 2010 03:49PM
That sounds like a damn good club David, it's a shame that you guys are way down in Dublin because we could do with a few clubs like that up here smiling smiley

Have you any pics of the club that you can post up onto the forum or onto your website? smiling smiley

(Edited to correct my cockeyed typing and saying the wrong name smiling smiley lol)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 05:56AM by willie.

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: February 03, 2010 05:26PM
No pics yet but I will have them done and as soon as I do I'll get them to Gareth to post up..

It is a great setup.. and will be a huge success once the players support it by joining.. Playing once a week in the place and you get your value out of it.. any more and it's a bonus to the player. Ya can't lose.

The League will pull in Sponsors by itself as long as
1. we fill the 20 slots. that is crucial.. I've 10 new Dublin players as is..
2. we get a big time competitive line up.. quality pool speaks for itself really..

Cheers,
David

Declan
(IP Logged)

Date: February 18, 2010 10:03PM
Hi David, It sounds good, I must check it out. Am interested in your Dublin league. I like your concept of playing the games within an agreeable time frame between the players. A most innovative approach.
Declan

Big Dave
(IP Logged)

Date: March 11, 2010 10:01AM
How about a website, have you got any plans for a website yet?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/BigDaveKnight/POOL/Pro9Signature2.jpg

ThePoolKnightShack
(IP Logged)

Date: March 11, 2010 07:51PM
yea check it out.. www.thepoolknightshack.info

sampoolplayer
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 04/03/2010
Date: March 12, 2010 12:16PM
Hi David if any of your players want to come play on the 28th of march they are welcome.The more pool the better for all take care Sam Gibson

Timo
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 19/03/2010
Date: March 19, 2010 11:16PM
Ok, I'm an a outsider this day... It's about two years since I played in Irish league and think that many of the players know me by name or reputation..(If there's any)

I'll throw my two cents in the mixup, why in the hell restricted player amounts or player skills. Sorry forgot the start of topic at this point.

The thing is that you won't be making any new players to game with restrictions. You have to have open competition for everyone. Most people here know me by something. I were never the best player, not even close. But people knew me.

I don't mind that I wasn't the greatest.. If I would like to be, then I should challenge Efren Reyes (and that would cost huge amount of money)... Sorry Baddy, you're a terrific player. But you can be beaten, unfortunately.

This is not how the pool scene (sorry for stupid word) should go on. We need to encourage new players to the game. The old Palace hotel or what ever it was, is totally crab place to learn pool. This is pretty much how I met Gareth.

Have to say that I hate handicapped competitions, cause it might give slight advantage to some player. In Finland I can get 3-4 ahead to race of seven. And the champs don't have a bloody chance in it, the handycap is determined by reputation and ranking (normally 0-2 for me, and this is normally) I know that Paddy can beat me even I've got 4 ahead in race to 7.

Ok, I'm tired at this point. You can ban me for saying this out loud. But take the brains in your hand and think about it. Weekly competitions on a strict time table will solve many problems and would probably give a chance to new players. I've had my whoop ass given by Paddy, Gareth and so on, but also have won some good players. I've learnt the game trough loosing first.

If someone can say that I'm really a crappy player. They can shout out loud. Even there's been years since the last match (I've lost some of my touch, but learnt something more)

the whole idea is like playing chess trough mail, whole match could last for months. Neat idea, to get it to work none, chances none. As the level of players in Dublin is crab. There's Gareth, some mmmm... sorry guys cant remember the names. What would be the chances for normal dubliner (except me, few years ago) to beat them. Drive from North Ireland for some pool match to get nothing... This is not a way to improve pool in Ireland, which is actually in pretty bad shape at the moment. You've got good players, but the whole organisation is totally screwed up and don't have a fucking clue what to do.

My two cents,
Timo Rautiainen

Ps. Sorry for the crappy grammar once in a while.

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here