paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
world pool masters las vegas
Date: January 15, 2010 02:03AM
hiya ronnie luke riches has been trying to get in contact with you regarding the qualifier for the world pool masters in las vegas, he emailed me yesterday.... i gave him your mobile number and email address....

cheers

paddy

willie
(IP Logged)

Re: world pool masters las vegas
Date: January 22, 2010 07:36PM
Is there any info on what's going on with the qualifier, as in whether it's being held or not?

If it is being organised, then what's the date, location, entry fee and the format?

NOTE - If you're gonna be organising this event, then don't bother with single K.O. because you're not going to get many players turning up if they're only guaranteed 1 match.

If you're going to have a qualifier, then it should be either RR or 2x K.O.

JMHO

Willie

PatHowley
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 15/01/2010
Date: January 22, 2010 10:09PM
Hi there willie, am just new to register but looking back at posts I would suggest a swiss tournement rather then a double elimination, that way every body who enters plays the same number of games, (winners going on to play winners and losers playing losers). The end result is the over all winner has to win every game and every body else ends up in a seeded position that can be carried on any other events.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 23, 2010 11:03AM
Hey Pat, welcome to the site smiling smiley

Sounds good to me buddy smiling smiley

The way I look at it is, the more games/matches a player can get for their entry fee, the better the chances of getting a good turnout for the event, so long as it is properly promoted, advertised and organised smiling smiley

It would be good if the tournament does get organized, the players over here have been starving for a proper pro tournament for years and it's about time that things started to change for the better smiling smiley

Willie

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: January 25, 2010 09:26AM
Hi Willie,

Its great to see your are back with great ideas for the tour, would you be interested in promoting some of these events as you know how it works using all your experience to help get things back up and running.................you have some brilliant ideas from all your posts i have seen on here and on pro9 website............hopefully you can make these brilliant ideas work for the game of 9Ball in Ireland......

When is your 14.1 (straight pool) event that you organised last year, or afew years ago coming up..............if you give me the details i will put them up on my website and you could also advertise on here with Gareth which I would like to play in this year as I didnt get to any other one ...........(PLEASE CONFIRM DETAILS)

Regarding the World Pool Masters Im going to contact Matchroom Sport about this fantastic event which I have been offered but would we get 32 Irish players at 100 euros or 32 players at 200 euros played in a Double Elimination or Round Robin.....

I will keep updating a list when players contact me (contact details listed below) to see whos interested and I will put you down Willie hoping you will play reading from your posts (PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS OK)............this tournament could be the start of things and stop players being starved from proper tournaments.........

All entry fees must be PAID UP FRONT IN FULL !!!!!.............my contact number is 07917887147 or from the Rep of Ireland (0044) 7917887147........

NOTE:
If any player wants information regarding this tournament contact me and full details will be given.......

RB

PROPOSED PLAYERS:
1. Paddy Mc Loughlin (yes)
2. Ronnie Boyle (yes)
3. Willie Dines (yes)
4. Stephen Johnson (yes)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/01/2010 02:58PM by RB.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 25, 2010 11:09AM
With all due respect, but if you had really read any of my postings properly then you would have remembered that I had cancelled the event because I didn't think it would be worth while setting it up and it was mentioned that it was merely a tournament suggestion, so I'[m going to correct you on that smiling smiley

I was actually planning to attend the event in Frames on Dec 19, but I decided not to bother because the poor turnout at the previous 2 events was a major disappointment to see such a poor turnout.

I remember when the tour had fairly regular turnouts of 30+ players, in fact the year Chris Melling came over for the AI9BC in Frames, there were 72 players and man, that was an awesome tournament and it would be brilliant to see tournaments like that again smiling smiley

Yes, I think it's possible to get 32 players in Ireland, you may even get player from England to come over and compete as well to make up the numbers if needs be smiling smiley

So long as the date, location and format is right, then of course it's possible and I'll be happy to pay my entrance fee to compete, just the same as the next player smiling smiley

Willie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: January 25, 2010 01:43PM
Hi Ronnie, add my name to the list.

Cheers

Stephen

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: January 25, 2010 02:59PM
No problem Stephen, have done....

RB

centre half
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/01/2010
Date: January 26, 2010 02:45PM
When and where is this tournament? Only new, and haven't played 9 ball before but am thinking of getting into it

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: January 27, 2010 01:27PM
cheers ronnie for putting my name down

judgey? bear? sam? daniel gorman? decky hughes? paul tierney?

just to name a few......

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 27, 2010 02:08PM
I would like to think that quite alot of players would be up for this event smiling smiley

I have just spoken to my buddy Chris "The Mouse" Sittlington and he said to put his name down for the tourney also smiling smiley

He wanted to know where and when the tournament is being held, but I said to him to check up on this thread for updates smiling smiley

Willie

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
Date: January 28, 2010 07:34PM
hi Ronnie

you can put my name down for this tournament.

Judgey

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 28, 2010 09:20PM
Hey Judgey, how's it goin buddy? smiling smiley

It'll be good to see more of you guys putting your names down for the tourney smiling smiley

Willie

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: February 03, 2010 03:52PM
BUMP grinning smiley

What's the scores on the doors with this tournament Ronnie? smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here