Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Last event of 2009
Date: December 16, 2009 09:01AM
Hi all, last events of 09 this Saturday in Frames, they are still on if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Stephen

willie
(IP Logged)

Re: Last event of 2009
Date: December 16, 2009 05:27PM
I'll not be attending the tourney on Sat, it's simply not worth my time and expense travelling for a single KO event with a poor turnout and crap prize money.

As far as I'm concerned, the Irish Tour is finished and I'm not willing to keep paying out money for a ticket on a sinking ship.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 16, 2009 08:04PM
have to agree..... there just isnt the interest and support from players..... with the poor turnout it could easily be double elimination race to 10

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2009 12:52AM
I'll be at the tournament on Saturday. Thanks Stephen for putting up the post. Willie and Paddy, I hope to see you guys there too.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2009 08:11AM
Fair enough lads, i do see your point but these are the facts. At the start of the year we all agreed to the "Pro" and "Challenge" tour concept, the latter seems to be ticking along quite nicely although more entries would of course be welcome, so lets get to the Pro tour.

1. 16 players at each event, 5 events in the season.
right from the first event numbers were down.

2. 16 players agree to add 100 each to bolster the prize fund, giving a total
of over 600 for each event, not bad considering.
to my knowledge 3 people paid up front, others have been paying at each
event, others will i hope pay this Sat and some have not paid anything
but have played on the tour! You know who you are!

In my view this was the best way to progress the game given the player pool we have but what can Ronnie possibly do when some players just seem to drop out of the loop? How can he plan ahead for each event? Its ok saying we need advertising, added money from sponsers, press coverage etc but how can we achieve that when this season is anything to go by? I hope maybe next season people will come back to the tour if there is one, but i certainly wouldn't be blaming Ronnie if he has other thoughts, after all he can only take a persons word so to speak.
I'm sorry for the long winded post but like i said these are facts.

On a lighter note Gareth i don't suppose i'll be winning a cue for post of the month, but you can't blame a man for trying!!

Merry Christmas all.

Stephen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here