judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/10/2009
POOL TOURNEY
Date: October 18, 2009 12:40PM
HI ALL THERE IS ONLY 4 TOURNAMENTS LEFT THIS SEASON SO LETS SEE A BIG EFFORT PUT IN BY ALL TO TURN UP AND SUPPORT THE SPORT THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH. THE NEXT TOURNEY IS 31ST OCT HALLOWEEN DAY BUT AS ALL THE OTHER TOURNEYS HAVE ENDED QUITE EARLY IM SURE WE CAN ALL MAKE AN EFFORT T SHOW UP.

Judgey

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: POOL TOURNEY
Date: October 18, 2009 02:36PM
think after the cork event players should start travelling to events, the cork event had the best tables and the owners couldnt do enough for us, there should be at least 32 players at every event... the turnout at cork wasnt good and cant see much improvement unless players come back to the tour or are willing to travel.

off the top of my head there must be at least 15-20 players that have left the tour over the last few years and it would be great if they would come back and compete so the tour can move forward the way most players would like it to.

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: October 18, 2009 03:50PM
YEA PADDY UR RIGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD TO SEE AT LEAST 32 PLAYERS AT EVERY EVENT. BUT AS U WELL KNOW ITS GETTING THEM TO GO. I THINK THAT IF THERE WAS MONEY ADDED IN THE TOURNAMENTS IT WOULD ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS. SAY FRAMES OR TJs NEWRY IF YOU WERE TO HAVE AN EVENT SAY DOUBLE ELEMINATION AND HAVE A RACE TO 10 ON THE WINNERS SIDE AND A RACE TO 7 ON THE LOSERS SIDE. WERE YOU KNOW THAT THE TOURNEY WAS GOING TO LAST ALL DAY THE VENUE WOULD MAKE MONEY ON FOOD AND DRINK ALL THAT DAY AND YOU WOULD HET MORE PLAYERS GOING.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: October 19, 2009 08:15AM
Hey Guys.

Gareth, how's about posting up an ad on the homepage for the next event that states the tourney format & discipline as well smiling smiley

See you guys in Frames smiling smiley

Willie

judgey1
(IP Logged)

Date: October 19, 2009 08:21AM
WELL WILLIE HOWS IT GOING BUDDY, HOPE UR WELL R U GOING TO BE PLAYING IN FRAMES NEXT WEEK THEN? IF YOU ARE I WILL SEE U THERE.

Judgey

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: October 19, 2009 12:07PM
Hi Willie,

Thats a good idea. I'll put such an article up on the homepage shortly.

Thanks,

Gareth

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: October 20, 2009 07:35AM
Hey Judgey, How are ya buddy? smiling smiley

I'm doing good sir, thanks for asking smiling smiley

I'll have finaly got the change to burn down a few barriers that were in the way of being able to compete and so I'll be looking forward to competing on more regular basis smiling smiley

I still have that 2 piece lump of firewood that I got from evilbay, but I don't mind so much cos that will be getting BBQ'd in the not so distant future once I get sorted out with a decent cue stick that isn't Predator or any other laminated cr@pola smiling smiley

Hey Gareth smiling smiley, how's it goin' Sir? smiling smiley

Thanks buddy smiling smiley, there is one same old problems with the tour that have been there since the very beginning.... NOT ENOUGH ADVANCED NOTICE & ADVERTISING OF UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS WITH DETAILS OF FORMAT & DISCIPLINE!!!... And I don't just mean online advertising, but localised offline advertising such as newspaper ads on various areas of Ireland.

How is it possible to expect a good turnout if a large majority of players don't know about the what, where, when the events being held and/or what the event's discipline and format are? smiling smiley

Willie

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: October 28, 2009 09:12PM
Looking forward to playing my first tournament in a year this weekend....sticks at the ready, balls on the table. winking smiley

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: November 01, 2009 01:33PM
Who won the tourney yesterday? cool smiley

It certainly wasn't anyway smiling smiley lol

smileys with beer

See you guys in Dec smiling smiley

Willie

P.S. Gareth, how's about posting up an ad on the homepage for the next event?

The more notice given for a tourney, the better the chance of players being able to arrange the time off to compete if they wish too smiling smiley

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: November 02, 2009 01:57PM
Hi Willie, Paul "The Canon" Canavan beat Dan Gormon in the pro final, very consistant from both players, always there or thereabouts, and Liam McVeigh beat Sean Judge in the challengs final.

Cheers

Stephen

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: November 03, 2009 01:42AM
Hey Stephen, thank you for the update buddy, I really appreciate it smileys with beer

Congrats to Paul & Liam on their victories and also well done to Dan & Judgey on getting to the finals, well done lads cool smiley thumbs up

I'm seriously gonna need to get back into practice again in order to try and get back to shooting some decent pool again, but I've got a very long way to go yet smiling smiley

See you guys in Dec smileys with beer

Willie

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: November 06, 2009 10:38AM
Your not the only one, I played like a right prick....not consistant enough at all.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: November 06, 2009 06:37PM
You can't expect yourself to be anything other than consistently crap if you don't put any practise time in at the shootin' gallery smiling smiley

I've been practising a little here and there, but obviously it's still not enough, my lack of results at the past 2 events is more than enough proof of that smiling smiley lol

Give me a shout when you're able to get yourself sorted out and to put some practise in cos the sooner you're able to start practising the better chance you'll have in a tourney thumbs up cool smiley

Willie

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2009 09:30PM
I don't have the time/money to go up to Belfast on a train everytime I need to practice, tis alot simpler just going to my local and getting it for 2.50 an hour for a few hours in the afternoon when its quiet. The tables may need a little brushing and steam rolled, but its better than paying 5/7.50 for a train and then 6 an hour...far too much hassle. Pool isn't a priority in my life, it doesn't bother me losing, it bothers me when I waste pointless money to play in a tournament with 8 people playing, the winner would only recieve 160 return, thats just over 5/1 odds...pretty crap to be brutally honest. Think I'll just stick to playing drunken money matches at weekends, I may only make 5 or I may make 50....but at least the odds are in my favour at Even money, plus its practice. I'd rather enjoy the game than spend 25 to play in a tournament that gets little turnout and recieves no propaganda...I'm sorry, but the brutal truth is "Irelands Nineball Tour" has gone up the left, either the director needs to start attracting members, or I can see that this year will be Irelands Nineball Community's last year of having a Tour. Some may disagree, others will flame me, but in the end of the day, the only way to get the tour to a standard worthwhile is to realise the truth and make the changes.

Peace
Chris

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: November 13, 2009 08:38PM
Hi Chris
Yes I agree the Tour is in need of a huge overhaul and I do think time is running out fast, I cant play in many of the events but I was shocked at the awful turnout in Cork recently. I really hope the game we all love can not only be saved but also prosper the way it deserves to.

Regards
Fred

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 01, 2009 05:42PM
its not looking likely that the tour will ever attract 70 players again, 32 would be nice, after seeing 8 at the last event i played in it sums it all up......

u cant pull people to the events, as for added prize money. that will never happen...

the tour is dying but its all down to the players, nobody else...... they generate the prize money and unless theres a major prize like a spot in a big event you wont get any 8ball players there but if a spot for the world pool masters arises every tom dick and harry will come to an event......

wheres the support for irish cues sports???? vanished.....

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 11, 2009 01:56AM
anyone????

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: December 11, 2009 11:35AM
I've always supported american pool in Ireland