Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Pro and Challenge events 29th August
Date: August 20, 2009 06:23AM
Hi all

Everyone set for the Pro and Challenge events next week? Good turnout at the All Irelands, lets hope it continues!

Cheers

Stephen

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Re: Pro and Challenge events 29th August
Date: August 20, 2009 12:46PM
yes m8 definatly....maybe il beat u this one lol angry smiley haha

after the all irelands we have 2 b bak on track hope every1 shows up

smileys with beer bear bum!

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 20, 2009 03:51PM
just letting everyone know i wont be making it this time

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 21, 2009 01:51PM
Paddy, I hope you're not getting scared off by the competition winking smiley

It should be a good event and I'm looking forward to it. I really like the Challenge tour concept, as it seems to attract a lot of new faces to the tour.

BTW, any players that are interested in taking part (including any new players) should contact, Ronnie Boyle, on (NI: 07917887147) (ROI: 00447917887147) or email: rballsports@yahoo.co.uk, before 27th August.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 21, 2009 03:54PM
thats what it is gareth!!!! im just wasting my time playing...........

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 24, 2009 01:49PM
Giving away two racks at the start must be your kryptonite winking smiley

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 25, 2009 11:59AM
Anyone have any predictions for the Pro and Challenge events this weekend?

If you ask me, I reckon Stephen must be favorite in the Pro Event.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: August 26, 2009 01:06PM
Hi All

Would i be right in thinking it's the turn of 10 ball this Saturday?

Cheers

Stephen

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 29, 2009 03:26PM
Hey Guys smiling smiley

It was great to see you good people again and although Aiden left me for dust in the 1st match 9 - 5, I don't mind because he is a fairly decent player and I wasn't expecting to pull off any miracles with having very little practice and having a new cue, etc smiling smiley

It has been great to be back and I hope to see more players at the next event smiling smiley

In the meantime, good luck to those of you whjo are still competeing and I hope that you all get home safely smiling smiley

Willie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: September 02, 2009 12:18PM
Well done Bear, good shootin' mate.

Cheers

Stephen

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 02, 2009 12:55PM
with the 2 lads competing the 3 finals in a row maybe its time they looked at putting there handicap down???? smiling smiley give us below average players a chance.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 02, 2009 09:27PM
Nice one Bear, keep it rollin' smokey smiling smiley

I just wanted to confirm if the last 2 Challenge/Pro tour events are 8-Ball and Straight Pool? smiling smiley

I'm still waiting on Ronnie to forward me the e-mail with the tourney format details and so, I thought it best to as you good people on here smiling smiley

Willie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 10:13AM
Large pinch of salt taken Paddy.

Cheers

Stephen

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 11:15AM
Well done to Mark and Gerald for winning the two events last Saturday. Stephen and the Bear have been the stand-out players on the pro tour this year.

The standard of play was high, and I really enjoyed playing 10-ball. It was also encouraging to see some old faces returning to the tour, but I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that some of the Pro Tour players, who gave a commitment at the start of the year to play in 5 tournaments, did not turn up to play.

It effects the draw, the prize money, the amount of tournament-play people get, and shows a total lack of respect to the other players and to the tour in general. It's not like they were not aware what they were agreeing to when they entered the tour.

Its good to see the Challenge tour going well and it certainly attracts some players that we don't see on the Open Tour. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to the next tournament, the Munster Open 9-Ball Championship on 26th September.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 02:49PM
sorry for not turning up lads!!! i had genuine reasons for not showing and i did make everyone aware of this well in advance... i do however agree with you gareth to alot of what u said there. i hope to be back soon as i can.

few questions i have

how many players showed on saturday??? 8 was it??? i have no idea

will the current players showing good form handicaps be lowered or adjusted?

IF NOT WHY???

Not having a go at the players in question, they have been far the best 2 players in the country with the current system in place... I just have a few doubts about this system being fair if it keeps going this way. The tour is obviously in a period of change and all different formats should be looked at.

maybe the 3 breaks a piece rule like the eurotour used to be???
winner breaks???

It came to no surprise to myself when the handicap system was put into place and im all for it but it really has to be altered or adjusted.

Hopefully i have worded this so i aint personally attacked anyone... Id rather put my view across rather than go behind there back.

Just want the tour to move forward like im sure the serious players on the tour do also.

cheers

Paddy

p.s Some vinegar stephen??? smiling smiley

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: September 03, 2009 02:59PM
cheers lads smileys with beer

paddy it was ok wen u wer winning every tournament...year in year out, ni that different ppl are winning u have the cheek 2 first not show up 2 play in the tournament then moan about handycaps....u wer number1 fors years i think its someone elses turn...wat ya think, have a bit of sportmanship

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 03:36PM
Mark i couldnt attend the event for personal reasons which im sure i dont have to go into on a public forum,

I think my attendance over the years is actually only second to gareth deegan, i did state on the forum and by text to ronnie that I COULDNT ATTEND not that I COULDNT BE BOTHERED, theres a difference.

Hopefully i will be back soon.

1 all i ask is for the handiacp system to be fair, giving 4 up in race to 9 alternate break is unfair.

u contiunue to say that im moaning???

2 I aint moaning, im at the most questioning the handicap system which is alot less than players do behind my back....

The difference is i will say it to there face or put it on a public forum and they can make up ther own mind.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 04:02PM
I agree with Paddy about what he says regarding the handicaps and alternate breaking.

When you're giving games away in alternate break, the opponent has already got a slightly unfair advantage before either player hits a ball.

The handicap system will definitely need a few tweeks here and there, but it's the 1st year there has been any kind of handicap system on the tour at all and so, a few teething problems are always going to happen here and there.

Personaly, I think winner breaks is better for a handicap system, as it gives both players a fairer chance to put a few racks together, particularly for a player who is giving 2, 3 or 4 racks away, to try and level up the score in the ballpark.

Perhaps if the matches were races to 11 games instead of 9, that would also help to even out the ball park a little and also it would mean the both players have to play those few extra racks to win the match.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered before the next Pro/Am event in Oct smiling smiley

JMHO

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 04:40PM
agree completly, things take time, race to 11 or maybe winner breaks would be better or make the handicaps range from 0-3.

Giving 4 racks away alternate break is madness.

so bear will i see u down in cork 26th sepetember if i can attend????

Paddy

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 03, 2009 10:33PM
I agree with you on that Paddy smiling smiley

In fact, I'm going to post up a new thread and I would like ALL Irish tour players to post their views in it and to have their say on what you would like to see on the tour smiling smiley

Willie

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here