RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships 2009
Date: July 16, 2009 09:18AM
Entries are now being accepted from players for the 2009 All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships taking place at Frames Snooker and Pool Club in Donegal Street Belfast City Centre on Saturday 25th July starting at 10am which is open to all cue-sport players both amateur and professional from all over Ireland and overseas with this high profile tournament moving into its 7th year which has seen some fantastic champions down through the years........

These 2009 All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships which is regarded as one of the biggest and most prestigious pool events on Irish soil will have a Handicap system for the first time in the seven year history of the competition.......

These All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships will be played to a finish on one day (Saturday 25th July) with full details listed below........

Open Event: ----- Past Champions:
2003: Kevin Smith (England)
2004: John Wims (Kildare)
2005: Pat Holtz (Scotland)
2006: Sam Gibson (Antrim)
2007: Paddy Mc Laughlin (Down)
2008: Declan Hughes (Armagh)
2009: Jason Power (Waterford)

Name of Event: All Ireland Open 9Ball Pool Championships

Date: Saturday 25th July 2009

Time: 10am

Venue: Frames Snooker & Pool Club Belfast City Centre

Number of Tables: 10 American Pool Tables

Entry Fee: £25

Tel: 07917887147 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7917887147

Email: irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk

ENTRIES / INFORMATION:
For all entries and information contact 07917887147 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7917887147 while all other information regarding the 9ball tour and these All Ireland championships including past champions, hall of fame gallery, official rankings, reports, results, photo‘s etc can be viewed by logging onto the tours official website www.rballsports.com and clicking on the 9ball link on the left-hand-side.......

TOURNAMENTS:
These tournaments are open events, to eligible players only........If it happens that any player or players don’t agree with the rules which is set in place by Ireland’s American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour, the organisers has the right to refuse any entry if need be.......

NOTE:
If anyone would like to sponsor a tournament TROPHY for the 2009 All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships it would be very much appreciated by everyone involved............contact 07917887147 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7917887147...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2009 06:33AM by RB.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: All Ireland Open 9Ball Championships 2009
Date: July 16, 2009 03:42PM
did the trophy get smashed????

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: July 29, 2009 01:36PM
Congrats to Jason and Tony, good shootin', well done lads. Good tourney, good turnout.

Cheers

Stephen

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 29, 2009 03:47PM
like to echo that, well played boys.... Was a decent turnout. The handicap system is the way to go but how we keep it fair is beyond me. Giving players 4 racks headstart in a race to 9 is just UNFAIR with the alternate break format. These handicaps should be looked at after every event with scratch being the lowest handicap.

I cant understand some players handicaps and i dont see why the biggest event of the year is handicapped anyway.

As i said on saturday im all for the handicap system but it has to be put in place to give every player a chance of winning and at the moment i dont think thats the case.

could u not split the tour into two categories handicapped events/challenge and pro tour which is played of level..... or maybe play double elimination?

cheers

Paddy

p.s could we not hold an open qualifier to us open????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2009 03:59PM by paddy number 1.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: July 30, 2009 01:46PM
A handicap system is meant to make the playing field a little more level and attract more players to the event. 13 of the matches in last Saturday's tournament were won by only one or two racks. Based on that, I would say it was a success. Giving 4 up in a race to 9, by itself means nothing, as it depends on the players involved. I've seen events in the USA where players gave 6 up at the start in a race to 7. Besides, 4up race to 9, alternate break, means you need to break serve just twice to win the match.

I would agree that a good handicap system adjusts for recent results and improving/decreasing form of players, preferably using an automated system, to avoid the usual complaining that accompanies any handicap system.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 26, 2009 02:25PM
A big well done to Jason Power and Tony Burton on their success at the AI9BC, good shooting guys and a great achievement for both of you as well smiling smiley

On the handicap system - I think if the handicap system is helping to encourage more players to play on the tour, then that has got to be a plus in itself already smiling smiley

Handicap systems can seem good or bad, it depends on how you look at it, who you're playing, etc, but in the end of the day, in order to win the tournament, you still gotta win your matches, reguardless of what your handicap is, although granted that it can be easier said than done smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here