Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
All Ireland 9 ball
Date: July 07, 2009 12:26PM
Hi all, it'll be interesting to see how many entrants we get for the 25th July, we usually get a good turnout for the All Ireland tourney so hopefully this continues! Any thoughts?

Cheers

Stephen

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: All Ireland 9 ball
Date: July 09, 2009 04:08PM
firstly its the all ireland championships, the best event of the year...... personally the handicap system has not generated any more players turning up, probably evened out the playing field though in the first few events......

id go for around 32 players if we are lucky

the game isnt looking too great at present.... with the ever increasing 8ball events etc i can see this maybe being the last year of the irish 9ball tour...
The game hasnt went anywhere in so long due to lack of interest etc.... venues also a problem.

negative??? yes but its a personal point of view..... there hasnt been any good events since the premier events and when the all ireland champs could attract 70 plus players.

its a shame but its there for everyone to see.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: July 10, 2009 11:53AM
I reckon we'll have a good turnout for it, itís the title that everybody wants.

Scrapping the handicap system will benefit only one player, yourself Paddy. Despite lower numbers than other years, I think the system has attracted players back. I donít know anyone that has decided to leave the tour because of it. If anything, the system favours stronger players more than other handicap systems do, which is why I believe its fine to use it for an All-Ireland.

At the end of the day, there is a tour event every month and itís up to all players that have an interest in the sport to turn up to them. Its more than just taking part for personal reasons, the sportís future depends on players entering events.

So to all players reading this, even if you have never entered a tour event before, start entering events and supporting the sport we all love.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 10, 2009 12:13PM
did i once say scrap it???? smiling smiley

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: July 10, 2009 04:02PM
Well if you take out all the times we have met recently, then no the finger smiley

Does anyone have any predictions as to who will win?

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 10, 2009 04:41PM
stephen johnson

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: July 15, 2009 03:37PM
Hopefully ill go one step further and win it this year.. got beat last year in the semis by TOny Burton form ENgland... hopefully a good crowd and a lot of ppl showing that they still love the game

Dean Largey

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: July 15, 2009 03:37PM
Hopefully ill go one step further and win it this year.. got beat last year in the semis by TOny Burton form ENgland... hopefully a good crowd and a lot of ppl showing that they still love the game

Dean Largey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here