RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Handicap System:
Date: October 19, 2008 11:37AM
The new handicap system which is being introduced for the new 2009 playing season on Ireland’s American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour, and also the remaining events in 2008 including the next major 2008 All Ireland American 8Ball Championship is almost finalised…………………

This new handicap system which is being introduced to the tour trying to make-it a level playing field for all players in tournaments was sorted out by the following three people Declan Hughes, Gareth Deegan and Ronnie Boyle………

We all no we won’t please every player, and on the day some players will benefit from there own handicap they receive but everyone is reminded we’re trying to get back the big tournament entries we used to have and also give all players a fair chance in each tournament they enter……

The players list will be advertised shortly, and if there is any player that doesn’t appear on the Handicap list please contact 07917887147 or email irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk and a handicap will be issued………

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2008 11:51AM by RB.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Re: Handicap System:
Date: October 20, 2008 12:53PM
The new handicap system can be found here [irelands9balltour.com]

The basis of the system was every result from 2005 until now, that are stored on the Tour's ranking system. Points (1-6) were given for each round ('winner' down to 'last 32') that someone finished in. Then an average was taken for that player. This is the base figure that we used.

That figure was then adjusted to give a 'frame handicap' from 0 to 4. A few manually adjustments where then made to take into account recent form, etc.

As with any system, not everyone will be happy. But we have tried our best to base it on recorded results combined with common sense.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: October 20, 2008 06:12PM
Hi Gar

Surely as a player who has never won an event I should be at least +10. If you reply to this remember forum rules and keep the answer clean smiling smiley

Fred

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: October 20, 2008 07:15PM
interesting looking at the handicap system, alot of great players on a 2 handicap....

Do these handicaps take affect on a race to 5 format as well as a race to 9?

Sean Mc Cole
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 21/10/2008
Date: October 21, 2008 11:09PM
Ronnie, don't know if you remember me but P Strawbridge may have told you I've come out of retirement and doing okay on the Sam tables in practice.

So I'm thinking of giving it another wee go especially as you now have a handicap system.

So where do I go from here?

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: October 22, 2008 06:41AM
Hi Sean,

Can you send me your email address to irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk and i will reply to you and also get a handicap sorted for you........

Chat Soon

RB

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: October 22, 2008 03:41PM
think the handicaps are nearly about right!!!!!

have a few concerns on a handful of plus 2 players, bit generous there i think boys.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: October 23, 2008 11:52AM
Hi Paddy, i think if you take all your wins over the years i think you've won by two racks or more on a very high %age of matches, so maybe....... ok?

Cheers mate

Stephen

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: October 25, 2008 06:17PM
The +4 handicap for me has sparked up an interest in playing more tourneys, think I'll play in the Last tourney of the season, hopefully I'll not drink too much whiskey during the tourney like last time, didnt help when I got to the later stages lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here