Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Remaining Tournaments / Players Input::
Date: October 01, 2008 11:41PM
REMAINING TOURNAMENTS:
Due to only 8 or so players entering the last number of tournaments on Ireland’s American 8 Ball Tour on the 2008 tournament diary its wasting everyone’s time involved with the small numbers entering such as players travelling to enter small field events, the host venues giving up there tables for small numbers and the organisers giving up there time just to mention afew…….

The best interest for the tour and everyone involved is to cancel the rest of the remaining tournaments for 2008 as no one is entering the events for whatever reason and try to set-up a new tour structure for the new 2009 season in a level playing for all standards……........or if its not going to get supported for whatever reason just call it a day altogether………..(which I hope doesn’t happen)

Just to try things out I’m going to organise a tournament over the next few months in the following proposed categories that has been proposed for the 2009 season to see how things go….
16 pro-tour event, (pro players will be approached)
Challenge tour tournament (no pro tour players)
Handicap tournament ……

Dates wiil be announced shortly !!!!!

IRISH 9BALL TOUR / PLAYERS INPUT:
Back in July I emailed tour players (players that has provided me with a email address) asking them to forward me on suggestions that they think will benefit and improve playing standards on Ireland’s American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour …………

The response was fantastic from a lot of tour players that took the time to reply, but I thought I would have received some feedback from the players that post on forums bringing up tour matters now and then but it wasn’t to be……….

We’re going to try a few changes on the tour for the incoming season from the proposed suggestions I received for the players which hopefully can benefit the tour and everyone involved and level out the playing standards…….

Some of the following changes will take place under the following topics for 2009 ….
1. 16 Players Pro-Tour
2. Challenge Tour (no pro-players)
3. Open Handicap Tour
4. Less Tournaments
5. Ranking system
6. Tournament points system changed

Full details will be announced at a later date !!!!!!!

differentkindofpot
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 11/11/2008
Re: Remaining Tournaments / Players Input::
Date: November 11, 2008 12:22PM
the tour seems to now be dying a slow and agonising deathconfused smiley when i played there used to be plenty of players. haven`t played in over a year now due to work commitments. is it really so bad now with tournaments being cancelled. also heard that paddy is no longer the number1......shockingthumbs up declan hughes is the new guy to beat i hearthe finger smiley

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: November 11, 2008 12:42PM
Did u play in any of the recent events?

At the last event in Cork, I saw around 20 new faces to the tour (although it could have been better supported by the regular tour players). The previous event in Belfast I saw people that I hadn't seen in years.

So I think there a lot of players that have a serious interest in playing in the tour. Still a long way to go. The handicap system seemed to stir a good bit of interest too. Far from dead, IMO. Maybe you should come along to an event and show your support.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 11, 2008 08:11PM
had my doubts about going to cork but was very surprised with the new faces there, aint sure if the players from cork will support the tour on a regular basis but only time will tell, the new format gives all players a chance of winning so it should attract some more players to give it a go.

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2008 07:58AM
i personally feel that the american 8ball and the 9ball hasnt really went this far at all this year mainly because of the number of reds and yellows tournaments that people would rather worry about. my biggest event of the year which was to be the all ireland senior and junior american 8ball championships was cancelled and then at the under 21 all ireland 9ball championships we only had at the most 16 players turn up and 1 was from england and the other person was some one new to the tour. back in 2006 and 2007 it was mainly 9ball and american 8ball tournaments flat out but now all the numbers seem to be going to reds and yellows. sad smiley

Dean Largey

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2008 09:14AM
Hi all, just my opinion. Gareth, i would've loved to have played in Cork just recently but i could not make a weekend trip at the short notice that was given. As everyone knows the tour for the rest of 08 was cancelled and then back on again with different dates and venues! The Cork tourney was then played on the same date as a scheduled event in TJ's! Would it not have been better to carry on with TJ's event as it stood (after all Jim and Therese have supported the tour more than most imo) and found a later date for Cork? That way i believe more of the regular players would have been able to make the trip.

What is the calender for 09? Here's hoping that there will be 6-8 quality tournies, less is more imo, player feedback would be interesting.

Cheers

Stephen

ps Gareth, what's the comp for this month? Just to see if i can beat young Dean to the draw again, ha ha!

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2008 09:39AM
haha very funny

stephen i would love to draw you in the next american 8ball tourney if there is going to be any.

Dean Largey

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2008 01:20PM
Good man Dean, that's the spirit! I hope you're not trying to entice me into umpteen posts about a challenge match that won't take place!

Cheers

Stephen

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: November 12, 2008 06:31PM
no thats a stunt for mark and paddy lol

oj

Dean Largey

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: November 13, 2008 08:44AM
Agreed!

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 13, 2008 10:36AM
our match is going ahead btw

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: November 13, 2008 12:41PM
When and where mate?

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 13, 2008 12:46PM
we are tring to get it in frames hopefully in the next week or 2 with a return match in t.js

so looking forward to it

should be a good game

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: November 20, 2008 10:38PM
Im quite dissapointed to hear of this, I was just telling Willy today how much I missed playing and that I'd like to get back into it again because I'am more than capable of producing top quality play. I had quite a few ideas for the tour, maybe its too late to put forward now but here is what I had in mind.

1: An Irish American Pool Committee, basically a professional panel that will undertake all decisions pertaining to the tour and who will be commited to making decisions in the tours best interest. Panel consisting of tour players (for players opinion) and non-tour players (for professional input without a biast view).

2: An advertised and guaranteed prize pool for each event.

3: Less tournaments equals more effort input to each tournament.

4: More tournament advertising.

5: Satellite tournaments for major events (winner having all expenses paid).

6: World Championship and European spots.

7: Higher membership fees but lower tournament entry fees, although non-members will pay full entry fee as per usual, which means open tournaments are indeed open tournaments and any non-member can win without being defaulted.

8: More venues

9: 1 Professional tournament a year televised and held over a weekend.

and Finally

10: An England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales challenge match every year.

I could go on with ideas but Im afraid my slumber looms.

Hope my ideas are of help.

Chris Sittlington

Max
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 25/07/2008
Date: November 28, 2008 12:24PM
So, there will be no more tournaments in this year? Enniskillen cancelled?

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: November 28, 2008 02:57PM
All Ireland Open 10-Ball Championship:----(Handicap)
A new All Ireland Open 10-Ball Championship will take place on Saturday 20th
December 2008 replacing the All Ireland Senior & Junior American 8Ball Championship for this year………

All rules on Ireland’s American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour applies, and all
players must PRE-ENTER on or before 7pm on Thursday 18th December
2008.……

Name of Event: All Ireland Open 10-Ball Championship
Date: Saturday 20th December 2008 (pre-enter)
Time: 10am
Venue: Enniskillen Snooker & Pool Club, Enniskillen
Number of Tables: 4 Tables
Entry Fee: £25 or 35 euros
Format: Straight knockout ----Handicap System ---- Race to 9 ---- Alternating
Breaks
Tel: 07917887147 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7918787147
Email: irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk

Handicap System:
The new Handicap System will also be in place for this 10-ball event.....

Players:
These tournaments are open events to any player………If it happens that any
player or players don’t agree with the rules which is set in place by
Ireland’s American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour, the organisers has the right to
refuse any entry if need be……

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/11/2008 02:58PM by RB.

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: December 10, 2008 09:51AM
why is this event replacing the all ireland junior and senior 8ball ronnie!

are there many american 8ball events planned for 2009 in junior or mens level??

Dean Largey

theflyonthewall
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 16/12/2007
Date: December 10, 2008 12:15PM
well dean...

on the topic of junior tournaments, i must say i was surprised to find that you were missing from a number of very successful tournaments lately, with a very good entry!!...for example the u19 tournament in irvinestown a few weeks ago there...

also, in Ds over the last few weeks, the annual tyrone championships have been running for each age group, and tonight it is the turn for the u19s, as i know of your desire to make the Tyrone Junior teams, Im sure ill see you theresmiling smiley

click on the tyrone link on rballsports.com down the left hand side for results, photos and further details of up and coming tournamentswinking smiley

Ben

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: December 11, 2008 07:16AM
Ben why would i bother going to irvinestown for 1 event which was an all ireland under19 championships. i keep forgetting your only 14 or 15 and ur nat cuming 18 like i am and u dont have to save up for university.

my main events are normally belfast and newry because they are situated in great venues where many turn up. the events in Ds are easy for you u live ryt next to it and i couldnt be bothered if i got on a tyrone 8ball or 9ball team.eye rolling smiley

further details of upcoming tournaments its 2weeks untill xmas so id say there are only about 2 more tournaments... o i see u were missing from the all ireland 9bal championships in belfast!! were wer u to beat us all round the table smoking smiley

Dean Largey

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 11, 2008 11:04PM
call urself a player largey???? lol

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here