RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Irish 9Ball Tour----15 Years behind:
Date: February 18, 2008 10:03AM
It was sad to hear today (when i logged onto the website) from past/present Irish tour players when interviewed by Pro9 at the recent new GB 9Ball Tour that the Irish 9Ball Tour is 15 years behind the English tour.........."WHICH I DO NOT THINK IS THE CASE"........Yes maybe behind, but no way by 15 years very strong statement...........

You can checkout this interview for yourself on the fabulous website run by Dave Knight......Dave & all the Pro9 staff also gives the Irish Tour great coverage from time to time when its sent in by myself..............

The Pro9 website is www.pro9.co.uk and click on the pro-tube videos on the right-hand-side............

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2008 10:06AM by RB.

dodi
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish 9Ball Tour----15 Years behind:
Date: February 18, 2008 03:48PM
Yeah ronnie agree big time with that especially when the statement was from someone who hardly even plays on our tour!! i dont think ive ever seen him pick up a cue!!

And if the standard is so behind over here how come sam isnt winning any tournaments if he thinks he's matching the big guys over there!!

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: March 08, 2008 02:12PM
Hey Guys.

Now before I go any further, I haven't read the interview and I will do so at a later time, but for now I'll give my views on the subject and I'm not here to have a go or to take sides, just merely my views on the subject in general.

With all due respect, I'm not sure how many years that the tour is behind, but it is indeed behind.

I don't mean the standard of play because there are quite a few good players who are capable of competeing at a high level, but in other aspects of the tour, but the tour is still 'finding it's feet' to an extent and like any other tour, it can only get better with time, but that depends on the amount of effort, both from the players and the tour itself.

It takes effort and commitment as well as money in order for it to work, perhaps if there was a bigger incentive to encourage more players to compete, then the tour would have a much bigger chance of becoming more successful and up-to-date, but the tour only started in 04' and so it's still quite a relatively new tour compared to other tours that are more established.

I will say though, Sam has much more experience at playing in top level events in the US and Canada and he has gained alot of knowledge over the 30 or so years of being in the pool scene and so, I'm more inclined to go with the views of someone who has the experience, than someone who hasn't.

I guess that no matter how you look at it, each person will have their own views and they are as cool as the other, but in the end of the day, it will still take Ireland a bit longer to catch on to American Pool, which is really what is holding the tour and the players back.

As most of you know, it's been about 3 years since I played full time on the tour full time, this was mostly due to lack of incentive to play, which is still the same now, but I'm just gonna start playing again for the hell of it.

The only way to improve the tour, is to speak to ALL players, past and present and see what the players would like to have on the tour, etc, let the players decide on what they would like to see the tour having and where they would like the tour to be in so many years, because in the end of the day, it is the players that keep the tour going.

Willie

AnitoKid
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 24/12/2007
Date: March 08, 2008 06:39PM
The best of luck to your tour, my friends! Anything I can do to help promote it from time to time, please let me know.

Wishing you all the best!

Mabuhay from the Philippines!
The AnitoKid
www.anitokid.blogspot.com
anitokid@gmail.com

mark "THE BEAR" mc d
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 26/05/2007
Date: April 02, 2008 02:37PM
wel i was there when the interveiw took place and i took part in the interveiw myself........ it wasnt meant that the tour was 15 years behind its the pool in ireland in general.......i dont know what all the fus is about none of you have played at that standard and none of you are on the english tour so how can you say that it was a strong the statement???? you dont know how much the pool in england is infront of us???????? the only thing that helps the pool in ireland is the tourthumbs upthumbs up......... anyways best of luck to the tour and long may it continue...........

Bear....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 02:41PM by mark "THE BEAR" mc d.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here