willie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Irish High Run Challenge??
Date: December 20, 2007 11:01PM
Hey guys, as I'm sure that a few of you may be aware, on the AZB site, they have a high run challenge in the Straight Pool section for players to post up what their current highest run is, and so, I thought that it would be a good challenge for us all to try out smiling smiley

What you do is, when you're practicing or playing against someone in a tournament, ask to have your runs (Breaks) recorded and whatever your highest run is, post it up on here, and then perhaps Gareth can add it to the list of people who have given it a try smiling smiley

For those of you who haven't played or heard of Straight Pool before, you can go to the home page of this site, and in the "Rules" section you'll be able to find the rules there and you cab give it a try smiling smiley

There is also a way that it can be done for 9ball, all that is required there is to post up how many racks a player has managed to string together in succession smiling smiley

It's just a friendly challenge, but it gives something to shoot for and it's also a way of tracking your playing progress throughout the year smiling smiley

What do you say Gareth, would you be happy to try and set this up and make it a Sticky thread? smiling smiley

Willie

gareth
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish High Run Challenge??
Date: December 21, 2007 12:17PM
Great idea Willie. Anyone interested, post in your high runs to this thread, and I'll collate them. Doesn't matter how low or high they are, all are welcome. We can't all be John Schmidt (who counts his runs in racks, not balls), so regardless what it is, post it in.

I have a fair guess who is gonna have the highest off the bat, as I know someone who saw him run an awesome innings.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

willie
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish High Run Challenge??
Date: December 21, 2007 07:36PM
Hey Gareth, how about setting up the 2nd thread? smiling smiley

This thread can be for the straight pool high runs and the other thread can be for 9-Ball (Racks) high runs smiling smiley, and both challenges will start from Jan 1st, and so, this gives all players a few practice days between now and then smiling smiley

Another thing that can be done as well Gareth is, that Each player's new high run will be added to that player's high run list with the highest run being listed in decending order.... For Example:-

Player A - 47, 34, 29, 23, 17
Player B - 61, 56, 30

This way each player can get an idea of how much progress they are making throughout the year and also they can also have a chance to be competitive in trying to push their game to a higher level by trying to beat the higheest run, with the winner getting a little plaque or something smiling smiley

The same can be done with the 9-Ball racks run challenge smiling smiley

Willie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/12/2007 03:18PM by willie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here