Goto Page:12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
2008 Tournaments:
Date: November 27, 2007 03:39PM
Listed below will be the following tournaments on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour for the 2008 season..........(some small changes might take place before the tournament diary is printed)

There has been alot of tournaments taken off the diary, as maybe there was to many events taking place in 2007 and thats why the numbers might have been down at some events.........

I'm still trying to promote all American cuesport games, in all categories to the best i can do because all these cuesport games takes place in the different categories at the European Pool Championship each year..............

I know we're struggling on the tour to get good venues so i'm trying my best to organise the suitable venues for each event without leaving anyone out........

9Ball Events:
Ulster Open 9-Ball Championship ------(premier event)------------------Newry
Connaught Open 9-Ball Championship-----(premier event)---------------- Galway
Irish 9-Ball Masters -------(premier event)----------------------------Belfast
All Ireland 9-Ball Championship--------(premier event)-----------------Belfast
Munster Open 9-Ball Championship-------(premier event)-----------------Cork
Leinster Open 9-Ball Championship-------(premier event)----------------Dublin

Co. Down Open 9-Ball Championship------(category 1 event)--------------Newry
West of Ireland Open 9-Ball Championship------(category 1 event)-------Galway
Co. Antrim Open 9-Ball Championship-------(category 1 event)-----------Belfast
Dublin Open 9-Ball Championship---------(category 1 event) -----------Dublin
Co. Fermanagh Open 9-Ball Championship------(category 1 event)--------Enniskillen
Co. Cork Open 9-Ball Championship---------(category 1 event)-----------Cork

American 8-Ball Events:
Irish American 8-Ball Masters------------------------------Enniskillen
Co. Down American 8-Ball Championship----------------------Newry
All Ireland American 8-Ball Championship-------------------Belfast
Ulster Open American 8-Ball Championship-------------------Dublin

14.1 Events:
All Ireland Straight Pool Championship--(played on one day)----------Belfast
Irish Straight Pool Masters-------(played on one day)----------------Belfast

Over 40ís Events:
Ulster Senior 9-Ball Championship------------------Newry
Irish Senior 9-Ball Masters------------------------Belfast
Co. Down Senior 9-Ball Championship----------------Newry
All Ireland Senior 9-Ball Championship-------------Belfast

Junior Events:
All Ireland Under-21 9-Ball Championship-----(under-21)-------------Belfast
Ulster Junior 9-Ball Championship -----(under-19)-------------------Newry
Irish Junior 9-Ball Masters-----(under-19)--------------------------Belfast
Co. Down Junior 9-Ball Masters-----(under-19)-----------------------Newry
All Ireland Junior 9-Ball Championship-----(under-19)---------------Belfast
All Ireland Under-16 9-Ball Championships---------------------------Fintona
Star of the Future under-14 (one day event)-------------------------Fintona
Star of the Future under-16 (one day event)-------------------------Enniskillen
Star of the Future under-19 (one day event)-------------------------Belfast

Team Events:
All Ireland 9-Ball Doubles Championship----------------------------Newry
All Ireland Inter-County 4-Aside Team Championship-----------------Belfast

Other Events:
6th Annual Irish / Scots Cup Weekend--------------------------Scotland
European Pool Championship (men, ladies, juniors, over 40ís, wheelchair)--Germany
Euro Tour Events-------check Euro Tour website for all fixtures & venues

NOTE:
Dates are being set for the tournament diary poster and will be advertised shortly..........

RB

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2007 08:38AM by RB.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: 2008 Tournaments:
Date: December 10, 2007 12:14PM
any updates on the dates for 2008?????

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: December 10, 2007 12:39PM
Jan 5th 2008 is the first event when the Ulster Open 9Ball Championship takes place in Frames Snooker Club Belfast......(full details to follow)..............

Just waiting on a few venues getting back to me before advertising all dates & venues...................

RB

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 12:17PM
Are you still gonna have that stupid rule about the membership fees in the '08 season?

I'd be interested in playing in both 14-1 events, but I'm not willing to pay the annual membership fee, when I'm only planning to play in 2 events as it's just not worth it, I'd be willing to pay 1/2 the fee, which is more than enough when I'm playing in only 2 events.

I could play in a few other events, but I have a few much larger events in mind that I'm concentrating my time and efforts on and so, it is for this reason that I wish to not compete in any of the tour events.

I hope that everything is going great for all of you and I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Willie

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 12:38PM
Hi Willie, good to hear from you..........

Im sorry this puts you off playing on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour but yes that stupid rule about the membership fees still takes place on our tour £20 or 30euros for the year.............

I think your right to keep to much larger events that you have in mind it will be great for your game...........but anyway happy christmas..........

Chat Soon

RB

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 01:02PM
well willie merry xmas

what bigger events are u looking at???

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 04:10PM
Hey Ronnie, thank you for your reply.

My question is not aimed at the membership fee itself because I agree that there should be some kind of tour fees to help the tour keep running, it's the ruling that a visiting player can't get past group stages in a "Open" event if they haven't paid tour membership fees, with that ruling you would be best to change the title of your many events because with that ruling in place, they are NOT OPEN events, if they were then visiting players would be allowed to compete in events without being disqualified for not being tour members, but they wouldn't be able to earn ranking points.

Another thing I want to ask about the planned 14-1 events, IF I (Or any other player) decide to pay the £20 membership fee, what are the scoring formats that you have in mind for each event, I would like to think that you would have each match being at least a race to 75 points in the early rounds, then 100 and 125 in the final.

Thank you once again Ronnie for your reply, I really appreciate it and I wish you and family a happy Christmas also.

Hey Paddy, what's shakin? smiling smiley

I have a few decent tournaments lined up that I'm aiming to shoot in, but for the time being I'm keeping those details to myself because I am looking to create my own oppertunities and goals smiling smiley

That's all I'm going to say for the time being smiling smiley

Willie

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 05:51PM
Willie,

Good to see you back on the forum again. Hope things are going well for you and that you are still hitting the balls straight.

Your point about the membership fee is ridiculous. If you accept the need for a membership fee in organising and promoting the sport in Ireland, why would you object to paying it. Growing the sport is in everyone's interest, whether it be a person that plays in one event or ten. Its also acts as an incentive to get players to play more events, which is also in the long term interest of the sport.

I'm intrigued as to what larger events you are thinking of. The best straight pool event in the world (outside the World Championships) is the European 14.1 Championships in Germany in August. Apart from that I reckon the Eurotour is a must. Although I'd be careful not to enter either thinking the organisers will give you money off for only playing in one event smiling smiley

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2007 05:55PM by gareth.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 08:24PM
one question is when is the last time u played competively???? my own personal view of pool in general is that i wouldnt enter any BIG events if i wasnt consistently getting decent results in your national events......

and if u wont spend 20quid on joining the irish tour u will hardly spend 700 odd joining the great britian tour and another 1000 for travel and expenses throughout next season......

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 08:49PM
Hey Gareth, how are buddy? smiling smiley

Thank you buddy, it's good to be back smiling smiley

My point about the membership fees is as I stated in my previous reply, about "Open" tournaments not really being open, because visitng participants are disqualified purely because they aren't Tour Members, to me that's like expecting someone to going to a bar, and the barman asking the customer to pay the price of a pint for a 1/2 one, the principle is very much the same.

A participant should be able to choose to pay membership fees because they want too join, not because the tour rules says that they must be a tour member before they can progress in a tourney, if the tour is meant to be for tour members, then it should be made clear that any participants must pay membership fees in advance on on the day + entrance fees.

Personally I have no problems in paying the membership fees, if I was intending to play on the tour F/T... I'm merely pointing out a flaw in that particular ruling, because I feel that it hasn't been mentioned

As reguards what tournaments I have in mind, I'll e-mail you about them, but it won't be the ET, it can be alot better, but it is still at a great standard smiling smiley

Willie

P.S. For the record, I am kinda tempted to play in more events again, (Inc The Ulster 9ball Open) but it depends on a few details, like the prize payout, tourney format, etc.

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 08:52PM
I'm not talking about the GB9BT Paddy, and have you missed my point in my previous reply, try reading it again buddy smiling smiley

Willie

P.S. I last played competitively 2 months ago, and I still most definitely know my way around the table smiling smiley

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 09:54PM
can u email me the tournaments 2.... thanks

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 10:00PM
Willie,

Try playing in one of the 'Opens' on the European PGA tour without being a PGA member. Or one of the Opens on the ATP Tennis tour without being an ATP member. The word 'Open' generally refers to allowing competitors from outside a geographical area to compete. It does not mean you don't need to comply with the entry requirements of the governing body.

The same goes for the WPBA or UPA. And if you enter the Predator Florida Open (maybe thatís one of your bigger events?) make sure you do it a fortnight before the event or it'll cost you an extra 70 dollars. 'Open' does not mean you can circumvent the rules or get in cheaper than anyone else.smiling smiley

And besides, you've agreed that the membership is a good thing and is important for the sport, so you should pay it.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2007 10:04PM by gareth.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 17, 2007 10:42PM
gareth what do u think of about the idea of filming some matches on the tour?????

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 18, 2007 12:18AM
Hey Guys smiling smiley

Paddy, I'll e-mail you the details also, but I'm still waiting on a few things being confirmed to me, but like I said before, it won't be in the UK or Ireland smiling smiley

Nope, I'm not going for any of the FL tour events, I'm looking in various areas at the moment, and not just in the US smiling smiley

I will say though, my point about the ruling on membership fees is, any tour director/organizer, cannot expect someone to pay an entrance fee, only to find out that their entrance fee is wasted because if they'#re not a tour member, they're gonna be automatically disqualified, if the tour director doesn't want an everyday guy to come off the street and beat the pants off everyone without being a tour member, then the ruling should be made clearer and clean cut that all participants should become a tour member.

As reguards paying fees, yes that is always necessary and always will be, after al, there ain't nothin for free in this world, except the air we breathe and it probably won't be long before we start having to pay for that too smiling smiley lol

I had already offered that idea Paddy on filming matches and it was a complete and utter waste of my time, money and effort in doing so, just the same as I stopped wasting my time, money and effort by going to events early to clean table before tournaments.

When one does a good turn and doesn't get any thanks or appreciation for it, one soon decides that the thankless ones can GFT.

Willie

P.S. I'm gonna let you guys keep guessing on what I'm looking to get lined up to play in cool smiley grinning smiley

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: December 18, 2007 01:10AM
Paddy, I think its a good idea. You (and willie) are not the first to suggest it.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 18, 2007 01:44AM
i have seen some brilliant pool this year and have been involved in some cracking matches myself! Id love to look back on some of my matches when the cue is hung up for good.......smiling smiley

willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 18, 2007 08:00PM
If you guys would like to see this, I may consider doing it again IF the money is right, no I.O.U's!!!

And yes, I can see about offering them on DVD, I'll check this out if there is enough interest.

Willie

No shoes
(IP Logged)

Date: December 19, 2007 07:25AM
I think recording matches and watching them in years to come is what Paddy is refering to here. Hardly a money making expedition, now is it?
A monkey could stand and video a match if they had a camcorder and the will.
It isnt rocket science after all.........

Now,...where's me monkey????

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: December 19, 2007 01:43PM
Willie, are you taking about going to the DCC in 2009?

Goto Page:12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here