No shoes
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Some questions........
Date: October 25, 2007 05:28PM
Here are some questions regarding the rest of this calender year....

1 Is last weeks 9ball Newry event to be played at another date?

2 All Ireland 8ball open...still on, and where?

3 will next years calender be out soon?

4 website.....has it died a death?...no recent updates, results news etc

5 is there anybody even remotely interested in playing this game anymore in this country or is the recent reds and yellows revival hammering a big nail in the american cue sports coffin lid?????

Anyone with anything more sensible to say feel free...or for that matter anything to say at all will do. i know its near halloween but dont let the cobwebs cover these forums......

RB
(IP Logged)

Re: Some questions........
Date: October 25, 2007 06:28PM
I will answer your questions!!!!!!!!!

(Q1): Is last weeks 9ball Newry event to be played at another date?
(A1): Yes

(Q2): All Ireland 8ball open...still on, and where?
(A2): Yes / venue TBC

(Q3): Will next years calender be out soon?
(A3): Yes

(Q4): Website.....has it died a death?...no recent updates, results news etc
(A4): No it hasn't died a death / having problems with computer will be sorted soon.....(hopefully)

(Q5): Is there anybody even remotely interested in playing this game anymore in this country or is the recent reds and yellows revival hammering a big nail in the american cue sports coffin lid?????

(A5): Cant answer first part of this one, you would need to ask each and every player in Ireland that plays on the tour this one..............i dont think the reds & yellows is hammering a big nial in the American Cue Sports Coffin Lid.......be fair reds & yellows has been around along time B4 the American Cue Sports in Ireland was started.......

Note:
I can only put the tournaments on and advertise them........i cant make any player enter or turn up........(players own choice)

Players pay there own entry fee so there entitled to enter which ever tournament they want and go where they want, may it be american pool or reds & yellows...........

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2007 06:30PM by RB.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: October 26, 2007 07:26AM
Is there a problem with the All Ireland 8 ball event on the 10th November? I read the venue to be confirmed, i thought it was set for Club 9.

Cheers

Stephen

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: October 26, 2007 09:54AM
Hi Stephen,

There's no problem with myself, the tour or the venue Club 9 (as you no) on this matter regarding the All Ireland 8Ball on the 10th November......i've told you and afew other players on a number of occasions that the venue might have to be changed.........(might)

If you would like for me to explain this again to you i will....... just give me a call on 07776365059.......

This is a problem to be discussed with myself and the venue (which i will be contacting shortly) and not a topic for a forum debate......and then we will let all players know including yourself the final arrangements.....

I'm sorry this is not a debate for the forum but feel free to contact me at any time on 07776365059....as your entitled to do so..

NOTE:
(Q2): All Ireland 8ball open...still on, and where?
(A): If you have seen (like all other players) that the All Ireland 8Ball was advertised for Club9 on the tournament diary why was the question asked by your Brother Gary in the above post.......(strange)

RB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2007 10:17AM by RB.

No shoes
(IP Logged)

Date: October 26, 2007 09:57AM
Thanks Ronnie with the swift reply.
Yes I agree reds and yellows has been around longer,(thats where we all came from)but it seems to be the case that more players are going back to playing it,the proof is there to be seen...look at the numbers turning up for a r+y event compared with say, a 9ball tourn bit of a difference methinks.Can't help feeling that we're banging our heads against the wall and that sometimes people need dragged to tournaments, thats why I think we need to keep this game fresh in players heads.
If anybody up or down the length of this country has any suggestions regarding ANYTHING to help the tour etc. speak up...this forum was created and maintained by Gareth for us all to use. It's just that nobody is using it (myself being guilty also).
For instance I would like to see another 14.1 event thrown in somewhere (I'll accept if players dont want to play 14.1 straight pool then fair enough,at least it was suggested,thoughts?....)
Anyway i'm sure somebody else has a point to make on some issue...............

Gary

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: October 26, 2007 10:04AM
Gary i no where your coming from, but as i stated in the above post.......i can only put the tournaments on and advertise them but as you no i can't make any player or players enter or turn up........

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2007 10:04AM by RB.

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: October 26, 2007 10:58AM
Cheers Ronnie, will do, and straight pool tourney would be a good idea imho.

Stephen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here