Baz
(IP Logged)

Travel
Date: February 16, 2005 08:07AM
Anyone know of any buses goin from Dublin to Donegal on friday night?
If so give us a time and price please.

Also a decent B&B would be a help.

See u all Sat...

Baz

Joe
(IP Logged)

Re: Travel
Date: February 16, 2005 09:22AM
Alright Baz

There's a bus at 3.45 from Dublin getting in around 7.40. Next one is at 6.00 gets in around 10 and there's one at 8.15 gets in around midnight. All of these are Bus Eireann buses and leave from Busarus. We're in luck too cos there's a special on fares during February meaning it's just 10 each-way.

There'll be a few of us on the 3.45 bus and you're welcome to join us (incl Eoin & Vernon who I think you met in Belfast). It's a hell of a trek so we'll probably be having a tipple so if you're a drinker you might want to bring "something for the journey". Experience tells me lengthy bus journeys + beer + minimal toilet breaks are not a good mix so we'll probably have vodka/gin with us. Should be a bit of crack.

Regarding B&Bs I haven't a clue but we're staying in the Quality Hotel in the town centre. It seems reasonable but that's cos there's 4 of us sharing. You might get someone else looking to stay up and willing to share a twin room (or a double room, depending on your preferences!!)

All the best

See you friday/saturday

Joe

Vernon
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 09:34AM
Well Baz,

As Joe said already, we're all planning on getting the 3.45 bus to Letterkenny. The rest of the lads will be getting it from Dublin obviously, however Im not sure what to do myself yet.

Theres a 4.10 bus from Dundalk to Carrickmacross which is meant to get there at 4.50. The Letterkenny bus is timetabled to stop in Carrick at 5. Now if you have full faith in Bus Eireann and their timekeeping then it should all work out fine, however I cant help thinking its all a bit too close for comfort.

The only other alternative though that I can see is to take a half day from work and travel to Dublin first and hop on the bus there.

What do you think yourself, or have you any other ideas how we might get to Carrick without cutting it so close to the time ? It also stops on the Ardee by-pass but Im not sure how to get to there at all.

Cheers

Vernon

Baz
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 04:33PM
Tell you what. I'd b on for goin to Dublin on the 1:30 express bus, then gettin that 3.45 all the way. Although as you say Bus Eireann aint very dependable, im sure it wont take over 2hrs to get to Dublin.

Hmmm......

Ok then, give me a ring 2moro at 1 if thats ok(087 6274866), and ill see what your choice is. Text me if you cant ring.

Hmmm, vodka i dont like.... as yous say beer is too much..... gin sends me up the walls, or as being on a bus, up the windows!!!. i suppose the Bacardi will have to come with me for the journey!!!

Doesnt look like we'll get much practice then, aigh!!!

Might actually see if the woman will come up to make use of a hotel room, although two of us getting off work will be a bad idea when we work in the same place!!!

Talk to you tomorrow boss,

Baz

MIGHTY MOUSE
(IP Logged)

Date: February 17, 2005 04:51AM
Do you mind me asking what age you are baz as you keep saying you are still at college or school or something. As travelling is concerned i,ll be going up on my moped so i dont know about any trains but i do know of a great B&B which costs 27 euros a night i cant remember what its called but if you ask ronnie boyle where hes staying it would be the place im thinking of. Boy i miss them frys in the mornin.

Baz
(IP Logged)

Date: February 18, 2005 03:44AM
He, He, He.... A big dirty fry.....LOVELY....

mmm. 27 yoyo's aint bad actually. Must get on to Ronnie...

Decided to get the bus from Carraicmacross to the Letter K. So Dubs ill see you on the bus. I'm wearing my Louth jersey to remind you how gaa is played in real bandit county!

See u all all at 5... and the rest when im drunk!!!

Baz

p.s. Just a minor 20 years but well fit to drink any man or machine under the sun. And yourselves?!!! Bacardi here i come...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here