Joe
(IP Logged)

Chalk
Date: February 15, 2005 08:34AM
I just saw the comparison on Platinum Billiards of some of the best brands of chalks and I'm wondering what does everybody use? I was stuck using the house chalk (triangle) until recently I got some Silver Cup and I love it. Any thoughts?

I assume that Gareth as an associate of Platinum obviously uses Master Chalk smiling smiley

Joe

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Chalk
Date: February 15, 2005 09:54AM
I use triangle too, more out of habit than anything else. I don't miscue much if at all, but that might be down to using a Tip-pik, which allows the tip to retain more chalk, without taking anything off the tip (which scuffing does).

Coincidentally I'll be selling Tip-Piks and other accessories in Donegal this Saturday smiling smiley

Gareth Deegan
Webmaster
Irish9Ball.com

Baz Keane
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 02:55AM
Tip-Piks, are they the thing shaped like a pen that have pins on the end of it which make the tip more fluffy???

If so bring me one down. How much...

I hate that question! money, money, money!

Thanks

Baz

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 03:06AM
Hi Guys

I'm a 'Masters' chalk user and this is because I have used triangle, silver cup, national tournament and a few others and I have found that masters chalk gives you more spin on the snowball than the other brands ( even though Triangle and masters chalk is made by Tweeten Fibre co.) but you also get alot fewer 'Kicks' with masters chalk.

In saying that every player is different and I'm speaking from 19 years of playing, but I'll let you decide for yourselves what you all think is best for you, not what everyone else thinks is best for you.

See You Soon!

Willie.

P.S. If you're gonna ask about break cues then 'FURY' J/B is undobtedly the best on the market anywhere!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 10:02AM
Baz,

Your description is bang on. They cost around 10 Euro, and worth every penny winking smiley

I'll save you one.

Gareth.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

John
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 02:05PM
I heard that there is a new brand out there. Ask Paddy for the apple flavoured chalk and he will give you all some very good info on it.

Take care everyone.

Baz
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2005 04:40PM
Sorry, i dont like apples, you got any orange or lemon ones!!!

Good luck all cause im dying for Sat now... Beware that lots of practice can make any man a decent player....

Point being, im goin to kick ass.

ass being bass, a pint of bass.

Luck now...

Baz

(IP Logged)

Date: February 17, 2005 02:31AM
NOW NOW, THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT SORT OF TALK, MOUSE'S MIND IS ALREADY CORRUPTED WITHOUT YOU LOT STARING AS WELL. LOL

I WANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU THE BEST OF LUCK FOR SATURDAY AS I'M UNABLE TO JOIN YOU THIS TIME. (THANK GOD I HEAR YOU SAY)

TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK!

WILLIE

P.S. GARETH... CAN YOU CERIFY A ? FOR THE 'FRUY' J/B PLEASE?

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE PLAYING THEIR 1ST PRO-TOUR EVENT ON SUNDAY AS WELL!

MIGHTY MOUSE
(IP Logged)

Date: February 17, 2005 04:42AM
Whats all this talk about a mouse. When did i come into a conversation about chalk. I know why your not going to letterkenny willie cos im going and your afraid to be beat by the mighty force of the mouse man.

John
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2005 02:01PM
I think Paddy has strawberry and blueberry flavoured as well. Which ever one you prefer!! Just ask him.

(IP Logged)

Date: February 23, 2005 01:20AM
MINI MOUSE

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT, YOU DON'T TALK THE TALK, WHEN YOU CAN'T WALK THE WALK AND THE ONLY WALKING YOU'LL BE DOING IS ON SKINT ROW AFTER I TAKE YOUR MONTHS WAGES FROM YOU AT 9-BALL, 14-1 OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO PLAY ME AT!

LATER!

WILLIE

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: March 10, 2005 08:32AM
I have Master Chalk for sale. If anyone is interested, email me.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: March 10, 2005 08:49AM
Ever the salesman Gareth!!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: March 10, 2005 08:56AM
I see my role as merely connecting pool players with the goods they yearn for (and taking my percentage). smiling smiley

Post Edited (03-10-05 17:08)

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

(IP Logged)

Date: March 31, 2005 12:25PM
How much for a gross box of Masters chalk, Blue?

I'm almost completely out of supply!

Thanks Gareth!

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here