dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
pool cue shafts and cue
Date: February 21, 2007 01:34PM
Gareth,
i was wondering if you could tell me which is the better shaft to get z2 or the 314 2? i was on that playinum billards site u advertise and they sell cues. i am considering buyin the Predator Pool Cue - 4 Red Point Sneaky Pete Steel Joint<< that one. when their i can choose shaft!! which should i choose if i was considering to get that cue the 314 or the z2 shaft?
also what are everst tips like??

cheers,
Dean

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Re: pool cue shafts and cue
Date: February 21, 2007 02:15PM
Hi Dean

Its going to be a personal opinion and choice, really whichever u feel most comforable with nobody can really tell u... I changed my cue a couple of months ago to a Predator 4k5 with Z2 shaft (I also used a type of adapted Snooker Cue) and the Predator is different and taking a bit of adjusting to but the z2 is lovely, and makes it easy to do some stuff I found difficult before. I dont know if u come from a Snooker backround but if so I would think the z2 is the better choice but as I said it is a personal opinion which I'm sure some others will differ on, the plus side of the 314 (2) is that with a bigger tip u obviously hit more of the ball, but personally I dont like them but most "real" Pool players will probably tell u different!!!.

Hope this helps

Fred

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2007 06:47AM
yes fred i saw ur adapted snooker cue when i played you in 2006 at the all-ireland inter county 8-aside i ran 1-4 missed a 5 and then u came in and took full advantage like a good man. lol
anyway thanks 4 the information on the shafts but i think from after reading what u said i mite possibly go for a z2.
do u know if gareth can order it from platinum billards if i give him the sterling equivalent of what it is!! i think its $250 or so which is around £125 sterling.

cheers for the help

Dean

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2007 02:14PM
No Idea, Im sure Mr Platinum will reply and sort something out, but I wanted to get a replacement Z2 (just in case)!!! and I think they are hard to get at the moment for some reason.

Fred

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2007 04:24PM
Dean,

As Fred said its mainly a matter of personal preference. Both shafts offer reduced cue ball deflection (which means when you put side on the cueball the cueball wont veer off the line of the shot as much). So you donít have to compensate as much as you do with a regular pool cue when playing with side. The Z-2 offers more reduced deflection than the 314-2.

If you are currently playing with a regular pool cue or snooker cue, it'll take you a small amount of time to adjust to playing with a predator shaft, so it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Generally I recommend the Z-2 to snooker cue players and the 314-2 to pool cue users, as the tip sizes are closest to what they are used to.

I recently upgraded my old 314 with LePro to the 314-2 with Moori, and after a few days of readjustment I am very happy with it.

Tip wise, I'd recommend the Moori. More pros use it than any other. Layered tips like Moori's keep their shape better.

Best and cheapest way to order is through the website [url]www.platinumbilliards.com[/url]. What butt or joint did you have in mind?

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: February 23, 2007 02:26AM
Gareth,
what is the cheapest pool cue you can offer me off platinum billards that is very good and has a 314-2 shaft with a moori tip and i know the moori is extra $20 or something. i like the look of sneaky pete's but then again i cant afford a cue from the 5k series you know. i wouold like a good cue with 314-2 shaft with a moori tip but i dont mind what the bottom looks like

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here