Dillon
(IP Logged)

Tournament
Date: January 08, 2004 01:48PM
Gar,

Dillon here, Well done on the web site, I was looking at the tournaments and there are some excellent tournaments there, but would I be able to enter in the U21 9 Ball If I went up there, and Is there a tournament on this month in the plex?

I'll give you some lessons some time!!!!!!!!!

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Tournament
Date: January 08, 2004 03:32PM
Thanks Dill, I need all the lessons I can get winking smiley

I'm sure you can enter the U 21. I reckon you'd kick ass. The person to contact for more details is Ronnie Boyle on 0044-7776365059.

Gareth.

Mark
(IP Logged)

Date: January 09, 2004 10:28AM
Hi folks,

Is there any tournament currently underway in the Palace's 9 ball venue? Coolock's not the easiest place to get out to.

Mark.

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: January 09, 2004 04:04PM
Hi Mark,

I was in the Palace just before Christmas and the only tournament they had on was an eight-ball league for pub teams. It wasn’t even proper eight-ball rules but the usual small-table variety.

Gareth

Post Edited (01-10-04 17:18)

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Mark
(IP Logged)

Date: January 12, 2004 12:19PM
Hi Gareth,

I'm currently looking for a bit of work up in Dublin but as soon as I get some and a week or so behind me I was thinking of going in and having a word to the manager about starting up a tournament of sorts.

If folks can think of any reasons why it would be in the Palaces interest to stick on a nine ball tournament bar what I feel would be the following then please say

:- Encourage players to practice during the week meaning more table time.
:- Getting the folks in and drinking on an other wise quiet night during the week? (If there is such a thing in the Palace, I've heard they do fairly well.)
:- Charging 15-20 bucks entrance and giving 5 to the house.
:- Instead of pooling all the entrance fees into a pot for the winner, guarantee them say 50-100 euro (depending on the interest) and get the house to provide them with free table time for the fortnight/month that they're the winner.
:- Perhaps we could start with an eight ball tournament initially and once people get used to the place as a tournament venue we could then introduce the nine ball tournament.

I'm surprised that there's no regular tournament going on in the place as it is and it makes me wonder if I'm being a bit naive and that the Palace wouldn't go for it at all. If folks can see why, then let me know.

My local finally got some numbered balls in last night. Had me first game a nine ball on a Superleague table. It wasn't a pretty. Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
Mark.

Pete Williams
(IP Logged)

APN Invitational 9 Ball Tournament
Date: June 16, 2004 08:18AM
Hope you don't mind me posting here but I am trying to advertise my tournament which will be held in the UK in 2005. It has a prize fund of 15,000 euro with 6,000 euro to the winner.

view at: www.americanpool-network.co.uk/default.asp?p=apninv

Thankyou

Pete Williams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here