paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
a break!!!!
Date: December 03, 2006 05:47PM
Will there be a break in tournamnets in 2007???? a month maybe 2 months???

I think there should be at least a 2 month break at some stage!!! we are just finishing a season and i personally think that there should be a break!!!

Post Edited (12-04-06 02:00)

Willie
(IP Logged)

Re: a break!!!!
Date: December 03, 2006 10:28PM
Hey Paddy smiling smiley, How's it goin buddy? smiling smiley

The nature of American pool, is different to Snooker, and that includes continueous play, there's not that many tours that have as many events through out the year as what we got, unless you're playing in the US or Canada, and so instead of wanting the tour to take a break, I think that the tour is fine, as far as the number of events goes, but there's nothing to stop any playrs taking a break from competeing if they wish, I've probably taken the longest break ever from competeing on the tour smiling smiley lol

Also, the tournaments are resonably well spaced out, throughout the year and so to me, it just doesn't make any sense to have a break in the calendar, after all, guys like Efren, Alex Pagulayan, didn't become great players from taking a break, they play pretty much all the time, that's why they're at the top of the ladder smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 04, 2006 05:17AM
playing so many tournaments is brilliant yeah but at some stage in the season a break off a month would be good at least!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 05, 2006 01:49AM
Yeah, I see what you mean buddy smiling smiley, hmm, in that case, what about if there was 1 month, that there wasn't a ranking tournament, but still an event for everyone to play in if they wish to, that way you could choose not to play with there not being any ranking points involved.

I personally am only going to be playing in tournaments, that I'm able to go to, and also, I'm going to playing tournaments on the BPPPA this season and so, obviously, I'm going to want to concentrate on getting to those events, but any tour events, like the All Ireland Championship Events, I'll be playing in, but again, depending on the timing and location smiling smiley

It's one to consider about, the idea of there being 1 month in the new calendar, with just having a non-ranking tournament, but in the end of the day, it's Ronnie's call on this one smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 05, 2006 02:09AM
this pool is taking it outta me at 24!!!!!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 05, 2006 08:26AM
Ack you're only a young whipper snapper yet smiling smiley lol, but saying that, sometimes just taking a break anyways, reguardless of ranking points or not, can help your game as well as playing all the time , because you can come back refreshed and ready to play again smiling smiley, even if it is a case of just missing out on 1 tournament smiling smiley, and besides, the rankings will be starting over and running again for another 3 years, once the '07 calendar starts, as far as I know smiling smiley, Ronnie can confirm this either way smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here