Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
All Ireland 14.1 Pool Championships:
Date: November 13, 2006 09:15AM

Plans are being put together for the first ever All Ireland 14.1 (straight pool) Pool Championships and the full format venues, and entry fees will be posted in this forum in the next day or so.

With Ireland sending teams & players to the European Pool Championships in the men, ladies, wheelchair, and junior categories which sees this 14.1 game take place at all events its very important that Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour starts to introduce this game to our tour and playing members a.s.a.p. to give everyone a chance to start playing it.

RB

RB
(IP Logged)

Re: All Ireland 14.1 Pool Championships:
Date: November 14, 2006 02:15AM

The winner of this All Ireland 14.1 Pool Championships will be given a spot to repersent Ireland at the 2007 European Pool Championships in Prague in March with there entry fee paid (110 euros entry fee) and there air-flight paid for plus runner-up prizes (depends on entries)........if it happens the player that wins the tournament doesn't want to go to the European Championships he can take the money instead....

The tournament will be played around different counties in a round robin format with two qualifiers going forward to the grand-finals.

FORMAT / RULES:
Each area that will be taking part will play a round robin system with a area organiser taking charge of all matches.

Two players from each area will go through the grand-finals which will be played in a single elimination format and played in conjunction with either a 8ball or 9ball event on Irelands American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour (date to be dicided).

All the area tournaments must be finished by the end of December and the grand-finals finished by the end of January leaving enough time to book flights.

Area leagues played in a round robin format ------- Race to 50points.

Grand-Finals played in Single-Eliminator format ------ Race to 75poins

Final --------- Race to 125points

Closing Date for all area entries is Saturday 25th November 2006.

All area names must be send on to myself on or before the above closing date as we hope to make the draw for all area tournaments in TJ's Newry at the Ulster Open 9Ball Ranking Tournament on Saturday 25th November.

It doesn't matter how many entries is received the event will still go ahead inside the deadlines that are stated.

Entry Fee: 20 or 30euros

NOTE:
If there is any player or club that would like to oranise a event in there own area (other than the area stated) please get in contact with me a.s.a.p. by calling 07776365059 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059

If there is any players that would like to enter the round robin leagues in the following areas that have already came forward please contact the following area organisers on there contact number a.s.a.p.

Tyrone Venue C/O Ronnie Boyle ------ 07776365059

Dublin Venue C/O Joe O' Driscoll ------ 0874049426 or Mark Gargan -------0876268956

Belfast Venue C/O Sam Gibson ------ 07845810055

WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM, AND GET AS MANY AREAS AS POSSIBLE TO PROMOTE THIS NEW EVENT THROUGHOUT IRELAND !!!!!!!!!!!!

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: November 16, 2006 10:05AM
ronnie i see u are sending a junior team to this event for championships. wat way is that held and picked.
also enter me in for the ulster 9ball in newry in tjs on 24th .. is this saturdays tournament for juniors still being held in letterkenny??

write back a.s.a.p

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 20, 2006 01:42PM
how about holding a few tournaments with the winner getting all expenses to the european pool champonship???? 8ball? 9ball?

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: November 21, 2006 05:55AM
this is a great idea, i shall be competing in this as i was taught by willy about 14.1, great game!

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: November 21, 2006 05:12PM
And you have alot to learn yet, my friend, but you will learn plenty, soon enough smiling smiley

I'll give you a call to arrange a few details smiling smiley

Ronnie, I have already asked Sammy to put my name down in the Belfast league area, as well as a few other guys that will most likely play, including Taz, (Oh sorry I mean Chris tongue sticking out smiley lol grinning smiley) who is slobbering over the table, thinking that it is food tongue sticking out smiley lol smiling smiley, but I'll confirm this on Friday and double check that Dizzy, (Chris) has confirmed his spot also smiling smiley

Later guys smiling smiley

Willie

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: November 29, 2006 04:07PM

What a great responce for the first ever All Ireland 14.1 Pool Championships with up in 50 players taking part. All players are asked to contact there own venue organiser for the dates of the tournament. (listed below).

NOTE:
All venues must have there competitions played on or before Friday 26th Jan 2007 with the Grand-Finals taking place on Saturday 3rd Feb 2007.

All venue organisers are asked to have all players entry fees collected and returned by Saturady 16th December 2006 at the All Ireland 4-Aside Inter County Team Championships in Frames snooker & pool club Belfast.

There will be two players going through to the grand-finals from each venue except Club-9 where there will be four players going through.

COUNTY VENUES & DRAW:

CLUB-9:
Group 1:
1. Paul Canavan
2. William Dines
3. James Mc Carthy
4. Sean Judge

Group 2:
1. Gary Johnson
2. Sam Gibson
3. Tracey Lynn
4. Aiden Finnerty

Group 3:
1. Mark Mc Donald
2. Chris Sittlington
3. Joe Mathews
4. Liam Mc Veigh

Group 4:
1. Sean Martin
2. Daniel Gorman
3. Coilean Massey
4. Stephen Johnson
Note: All entry fees to Club-9 organiser Sam Gibson & Stephen Johnson.

DEE'S AMERICAN POOL CLUB:
Group 1:
1. Ronnie Boyle
2. Adam Gibney
3. Brendan Mc Donagh
4. Raymond Todd

Group 2:
1. Ronan Fay
2. Chris Beatie
3. Damien Corrigan
4. Gareth Quinn
Note: All entry fees to Dee's American Pool Club organiser Damien Corrigan.

DUBLIN:
Group 1:
1. Fred Dinesmore
2. Eddie Gahan
3. Eoin O' Driscoll
4. Mark Gargan
5. Vernon Wall

Group 2:
1. Gareth Deegan
2. Phil Tierney
3. Terence Meagher
4. Joe O' Driscoll
Note: All entry fees to Dublin organisers Mark Gargan & Joe O' Driscoll

TJ's AMERICAN POOL CLUB:
Group 1:
1. Manny Byrne
2. Raymond Mc Kenna
3. Adrian Murphy
4. Paddy Mc Laughlin

Group 2:
1. Kieran Mc Mahon
2. Tristan Byrne
3. Kevin O' Hare
4. Declan Mc Mahon
Note: All entry fees to TJ's American Pool Club organisers Jim Mc Quillan & Paddy Mc Laughlin.

DONEGAL:
Group 1:
1. Seamus Mc Laughlin
2. Daniel Diver
3. Brendan Mc Dermott
4. Alan Crowe

Group 2:
1. Michael Mc Laughlin
2. Paul Bonner
3. Daniel Kelly
4. Alastair Canning
Note: All entry fees to Donegal organisers Michael Mc Laughlin & Brendan Mc Dermott.

INFORMATION:
Tel: 07776365059 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059
Email: irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 29, 2006 08:13PM
so that would leave 12 players going through??? How would that work in the knock out stage???

Would it not be better if 2 players came through from each group leaving 24 players, then four groups of 6 with 2 players going through to a 8man straight knockout quarter final!!!

p.s Personlly i think that race to 50 points is 2 short and it should be race to 125 all the way as we have plenty off time to play these fixtures!!!

Just a thought

Paddy

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: November 30, 2006 01:50AM

Grand-Finals will be four groups of 3 played in a round robin format again with the winner of each group going into the semi-finals.

Ronnie (Rcool smiley

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: November 30, 2006 05:38AM
so u not think race to 50 is very short????

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: November 30, 2006 03:06PM

I agree with you on this Paddy on the groups and the races to 50 balls in straight pool, the matches should be at least races to 75 balls, to allow both players an equal chance in their games to run some balls, but on the other hand, a race to 50 is about right because of the round robin format and the fact that the events are still being restricted to 1 day, means that unless the time is really permitting, then a race to 125 all each game, would take too long, but I would only be too happy to play the longer races to 125 because generally the better player comes out on top in a longer race, but either way, I'm very much looking forward to the event and I wish everyone the best of luck smiling smiley

Willie

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 13, 2006 11:26AM
Right, that's it!!!... Ronnie, have you got round to setting a venue for the Grand Finals of the All Ireland Straight Pool Champiionships yet? smiling smiley

I know the date is set, but I'm looking to find out the venue details, etc smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 13, 2006 05:07PM
its well for u willie that can play in the event!!!!! its a joke!!!!!! u get so many players wanting to play in our area and at the last minute they pull out which only does the players that are interested harm!!!! I personally think its a disgrace and im not happy because at the end of the day i hope to be playing in the europes at straight pool and i could do with the practice!!!! the players at t.js have let themselves down!!! They have entered and backed out at the last minute!!!! Its unfair and something should be done!!!

I love playing pool and i want to play every event!!!!

THE FORMAT SHOULD BE CHANGED!!!!

if players dont want to play at a venue thats fine but when u have players who actually want to play in the event then they should be allowed to play in whatever venue they want!!!!

paddy

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 13, 2006 05:19PM
You have got a very good point in what you're saying about players turning up as there were 1 or 2, that didn't weigh in on sunday @ Cub 9 either, but they are the ones missing out smiling smiley

EDIT - Due to a change of view, I simply say that if those guys didn't have the mascranis to show up and play, then that's all the better for you Paddy and whoever else qualified from your area, enjoy it buddy smiling smiley

Willie

Post Edited (12-16-06 12:45)

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 19, 2006 09:41AM
Have any of the rest of the venues got round to playing their qualifiers yet, and if so, who's through? smiling smiley

Willie

Post Edited (12-30-06 05:18)

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 29, 2006 09:25PM
Ronnie, have you selected a venue for the finals of the Straight Pool event yet? smiling smiley

I would like to recommend, that Club 9, be used for the final venue, not only because it's got championship tables, but also because the tables will be properly marked out, cleaned and made ready for the tournament, and also, I'm not sure if Fred Has Qualified, but I hope that he has, as I hope to enjoy competeing with a world champion smiling smiley, but also because Club9, will be easily accesible for Fred to be able to play in the venue also smiling smiley

Also, I will have the proper Scoresheets Printed out for the tournament, for each and every match to be played, etc smiling smiley

Let me know either way smiling smiley

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: December 30, 2006 01:39PM
Hi Willie

Thanks for thinking of access for me. No Im afraid u will have to wait for another time to give me a straight pool lesson (Im only a beginner at straight pool not World Champion)!!!! To explain, while yes I have entered the event I have done so purely for straight pool experience and competitive practice even if I qualify my results dont count. I decided this was the fairest decision for a couple of reasons:

(A) I have qualified for the Europeans already and didnt really want to possibly take the opportunity from somebody who could go and gain great experience in this amazing event, and it is an experience its a very hard event playing on tables beside or maybe in the Able Bodied case the SAME TABLE as Ralf or Thomas or Ortmann or one of the other true legends of our sport. I didnt want the slim chance arising of a match either clashing or interfereing with preparations for my Event, in which case I would certainly had pulled out of straight as (hopefully winning?) my event is my priority over there and scratching not only would have looked very bad for Ireland to the EPBF but would have been unfair to others who could play.

(cool smiley Our World Games are confirmed for Chinese Taipei in September and I need to save lots of Annual Leave in work to try go there to defent my Title , and going to play in Straight Pool In Czech Republic would mean I think I would have to go a little earlier and using at least 1 more day off, and Taipei is my priority in this case.

Sorry this is a long reply but felt it best to explain the reasons for my decision to everybody

Regards
Fred

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: December 30, 2006 05:05PM
well its good to hear from u fred!!!! see u soon!! missing this event 2 myself!!!!

Paddy

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: December 31, 2006 01:10AM
Hi Fred smiling smiley, how are ya buddy? smiling smiley

First, I gotta say that it's great to hear from you again and I very much hope that you had a great Christmas and will have an even better New Year smiling smiley

I understand what you mean and why you decided to not compete in the AISPC with you already having your spot, both in the EC and the for the World Games, which I wholheartedly wish you the very best of luck in, for both events smiling smiley

I hope to to compete with you sometime, but I'm not so sure about giving a lesson in straight pool, but then again you never know smiling smiley lol

Take care buddy and a very Happy New Year to everyone smiling smiley

Willie

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: January 31, 2007 05:02PM

The first ever All Ireland 14.1 Championship "GRAND-FINALS" will take place this Saturday 3rd February 2007 in TJ's American Pool Club Newry........

The championships was going to be changed as afew of the qualifiers is going to play in England, but with tournaments of all kinds on each week and with the European Championships & the Irish / Scotts Cup coming up it was impossible to get another suitable date.....

NOTE:-
The winner of these 2007 All Ireland 14.1 Championships will receive a spot in the 2007 European Pool Championships in Prague with his air-flight and entry fee paid for (entry fee is 110 euros).....

All players travelling to the European pool championships are asked to make sure and have all payments made on or before Saturday 10th February.........

All spots has now been declared by the players and must be paid for, on or before the above date (saturday 10th Feb 2007) even if they go or not and if payment is not made by this date places will be given to the other players who are on stand-by, but it will be the same player who secured the places in the first place will be charged payment.......... and the same rule goes for the Bed & Breakfast payment as well.....

Important:---
The following rules will be in place.

1. It has now been decided by Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour that the winner must take or send a replacement to these European Pool Championships.......

2. Its only the players who qualified will be taking part in the "GRAND-FINALS"........

3. Any players taking part must be a paid up member of Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour before going into the draw.....

RB

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here