Goto Page:12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
paddy mc loughlin
(IP Logged)

apn qualifier
Date: February 09, 2005 09:30AM
im just gona say that the qualifier in belfast should not have taken place with 4 entrants and to be honest since ive been top of the rankings for a good while i should have automatically qualified anyway. It was ridiculous!!!!!!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: apn qualifier
Date: February 09, 2005 04:58PM
Paddy,

I didnít know, until now, that only 4 players took part in the APN qualifier. I think its very disappointing and I regret now that I wasnít available to play in it. Thatís not to take anything away from Willie who won it.

I reckon that anyone that wanted a place in Bournemouth, and was available, should have entered. It raises an issue for the ALL the players on the tour. If enough players donít turn up for tournaments like these, then people wonít run them here. Which will be our collective loss.

Having said that, I think less experienced players are unlikely to fork out money for Ďwinner-takes-allí competitions, that they know they probably wonít win. That could be why the ranking events are attracting more players. I donít know what the solution is, maybe offer more prizes, maybe run the tournament in conjunction with a ranking event.

I hope it hasnít put off the APN in coming back.

Gareth Deegan
Webmaster
Irish9Ball.com

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 10, 2005 02:47AM
Well Then PADDY

I'm Gonna say this and I don't care who likes it or not.

!. Like gareth said if the players on the tour are not willing to cough up a few extra quid to try and qualify for the bigger prize money, then why the hell are they playing because I would think that everyone on the tour wants bigger prize money, but if the players don't put the effort in, then why the hell should any other people bring big tournaments over here.

2. 4 People turned up because some could only play on the saturday because of the expence involved in finding a place to stay for the night, But other players just simply didn't have the balls to try and qualify to play against some of the worlds greatest players and if they're too scared to step up to see what they got, then they would be better to break their cue over their knee and give up because 9ball is not a game for the faint hearted.

3. No Favouritism, I have to say that you have done well paddy, but EVERY PLAYER MUST EARN HIS/HER PLACE IN EVERY EVENT and I remember that you buggered off to play in a snooker tournement, so if you missed out, then that's tough luck on you.

Let this be a lesson to all players on the tour and I say this because if you take a good hard look at the SAPPA tour, BPPPA tour and our own tour and what will you see.

You will see that the Scottish players have worked so damn hard to make their tou what it is and they have been going for 6? years now, Then you have the BPPPA tour which only started * months after out tour began and they are already a PRO tour and you have our own tour which Ronnie puts a great amount of effort in to having a tour that everyone can play on as well as a PRO tour this year to coincide with the regular tour events.

Now I will point out one more thing and that is the fact that if the same amount of players ha dturned up on the Sunday as well, then you would've had more than just the qualifyer to play in because Pete was going to also have side events like, A breaking comp and a 14.1 comp were the highest run would win the cash, but again you let yourselves down by not turning up to play.

Think about what I have just said Paddy then you will realise what an oppertunity you all had!

I also want to mention that I do not include Paul Bonner, who's mother had taken ill and was taken to hospital and the guys from Dublin as they all would've had a hard time trying to find somewhere in Belfast to stay that wasn't going to cost them more than they could realisticly afford.

I'm not trying to be nasty in any way, but sometimes the truth has to be told and I know for one that I'm not the most solid of players, but I still had the balls to turn up and play because I'm willing to enter any event to improve my abaility at this game.

I appologise to everyone if I seem offensive or harsh in anyway, but some players have the wrong idea of how events should be organised.

Take care evryone and I'll see you Saturday.

Willie

mighty mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: February 10, 2005 07:52AM
paddy. you may be number one but that means nothing because you dont have the sense to realise the opportunitys your throwing away. i intend to take that number one spot away from you and so does every player on the tour and if you think for one minute i,ll stand back and let you criticise those below you with your (im number one) bullshit then your wrong. next time i wont be so gentle. get your ass up, play the game and stop expecting everything just to fall on your lap. (and im being nice here)

The cyclone or mighty mouse.
whatever the women prefer.

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 10, 2005 10:11AM
wish u would be as talkative in the tournaments!!!!!!!!!! ur like a mouse because your that quiet. As for your comment about being a beginner thats rubbish!!!!!!!!!! u and willie play all the time. Funny thing is that i never play 9ball and im number 1. You say number 1 means nothing yet again you said u wana take that from me. You get of your ass and win on sunday and then let your pool do the talking in holland. Im not on this site to have a go at you or anyone else by the way but you can wind me up all u want cause i find it funny and i dont take it personal like u!!!!!!!!

(IP Logged)

Date: February 11, 2005 01:55AM
HI Guys

Don't you just love all this good fun, This is why I come on to this forum cos you're always guaranteed a argument or to, But that doesn't mean that you're a good 9ball player Paddy, you win tournaments by LUCK and like aaa snooker players your luck WILL run out!

SEE YA!

Willie

spanjulika
(IP Logged)

Date: February 11, 2005 03:34AM
I felt I had to post something as the tournament organiser.

Nobody automatically deserves a place just based on their current ranking position, everyone in the UK except for Daryl Peach and Imran Majid will have to qualify for my event. The reason that Peach got a place is because of the sanctioning with the BPPPA and Imran Majid for his run to the last 16 in the WPC 2004. These players have proven quality on the world stage.

As the organiser and the person that is putting up all the money for the event I make the decisions, the tournament went ahead because I couldn't afford the time or money to return at a later date. I will still run a qualifier in Ireland next year and hope that more players will turn up to the event.

As number 1 Paddy it is your job to prove to me that you are the player to go to the finals in Bournemouth, by turning up and winning the qualifier. This is exactly what Michael Valentine did in Scotland.

mighty mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: February 11, 2005 05:35AM
just right pete

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 11, 2005 07:04AM
luck willie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get your wee wallet out till i empty it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 03:18AM
Luck?... MY BALLS!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN THE LUCKIEST PLAYER ON THE ENTIRE TOUR AND IN FACT IF YOU HAD BEEN PLAYING IN THE STATES AND BROKEN YOUR CUR THERE, YOU WOULD NEVER PLAY AN EVENT ON THAT TOUR AGAIN AND ALSO YOU HAVE SHOWN GREAT GRATITUDE FOR THE CUEMAKER WHO MADE THE POOL CUE FOR YOU IN THE 1ST PLACE!

I'LL BE THE ONE TO GET THE LAST LAUGH WHEN I GO TO PLAY IN THE FINALS OF THE APN CHAMPS AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS AROUND!

IT'S A PITTY THAT YOU DECIDED TO GO TO A SNOOKER TOURNEY WHERE YOU GOT BT IN THE 1ST ROUND... WHEREN'T SO HOT THERE, WERE YOU?

I'LL SEE you IN L'KENNY!

WILLIE

P.S. AS REGARDS EMPTYING MY WALLET... HMMM, SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE HAS FELL ASLEEP AGAIN, (THUMP) OH... SOUNDS LIKE PADDY HAS FELL OUT OF BED, POOR PADDY'S ALWAYS DREAMING.

LATER CATS!

John
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 03:40AM
Well I would just like to put a comment through. Willie, sounds like you are sooooo jealous of Paddy. Honestly, I've visited this site for the last year or so and I cannot believe the shite you give to one of ur best players in Ireland. If he was so lucky, why is he still ranked number one??? Most lucky players do not stay number one for over a year and he's been proving himself time and time again, how much more does he have to prove to be a good player??? Is he not a good player??? If you think of Paddy as just some lucky person, than that is totally wrong for a player and a sportsman such as yourself to be thinking like that. And later cats, your one big cat yourself, who just cannot handle somebody better than yourself. It wasn't just some snooker tournament that Paddy played in by the way. It was a snooker tournament with a difference. Even though he lost for the world qualifiers, at least he had the chance and the ability to play at a top level against top professionals around the world being one himself. 9ball is a great game and I think that players like Paddy will get through all the shite that other jealous people put him through and will move on and keep proving himself that he does deserve what he earns and that luck has nothing to do with it. Get over yourself Willie and if I was you, I would keep my head down and just focus on my own game and try really hard to beat that person that you want to beat. Well Willie, START RESPECTING PLAYERS FOR THEIR SKILLS AND NOT THEIR LUCK! Thats all i have to say.

John

Sean
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 06:40AM
As someone who is considering taking part in some tour events I must say that the petty comments on this thread and on this forum recently from prominent players would discourage me from doing so. I wonder how many other potential tour participants were similarly put off.

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 08:21AM
firstly i would like to say thanks john for the kind comments you have made. What is your surname if you dont mind me asking? I would like to say to sean that the banter on this website is just a laugh from my point of view anyway!!!! i would also encourage you to enter the tournaments as they are run to perfection by ronnie boyle!!!!!!

C YA ALL AT LETTERKENNY

P.s I would also like to say sorry 4 my attitude at the last event. It was without doubt the worst thing i have ever did. (breaking my cue) I apologise sincerely to all members who played that day. Gona be a different paddy in letterkenny so watch out willie!!!!!

I promise u this that i am gona send u down the motorway if i play u. U are gona be shown a masterclass and i hope u will shut ur big mouth when i do u pansy!!!!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 08:21AM
I should point out that there is a lot of Ďtongue in cheekí in this thread. Not everyone reading the forum knows these guys, but I do and can assure you that they are having a laugh. Iíd still prefer if people contributing to the forum left out the banal stuff. But there were good points made in this thread too, so I let it go. Not least the fact that no matter how good you are, you should still have to play qualifiers sometimes. And that if players decide not to enter tournaments then the sport suffers.

Iíve played on the Tour for the last 12 months and I have to commend it on the friendly atmosphere and sportsmanlike manner that both the players and organisers conduct themselves.

Iíve heard many astounding excuses from players (particularly from Dublin, where Iím from) why they canít play on the Tour. To use this thread as an excuse is certainly up there with the best. To all those Dublin players not playing on the tour, hop on a bus or train, pay your 30 quid and get over it!

To the rest, try to keep you comments related to pool and not that size of your egos smiling smiley

Gareth Deegan
Webmaster
Irish9Ball.com

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 09:34AM
I would like to say for the record that Paddy is a good freind and player and we both like to have a good rake and that it's never personal and also Paddy is no. 1 because he has played the best 9ball so far and that's why he's number 1.

See You all soon

Joe
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 09:49AM
Sean

In response to your comment/question I'd imagine the answer is none. I too lurked around the forum for a while and it's fairly obvious that it's mostly just good-natured banter.

I went to my first tour event at the recent Belfast Open and i have to say all the players were very welcoming and friendly and there are no egos on show. I'll be taking Gareth's advice and hopping on a bus to Letterkenny next weekend to get my pants pulled down again! Seriously, go play in a tour event, it's good crack and a good experience to play pool against real quality oposition.

Joe

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 09:55AM
cheers willie im so flattered!!!!! you still in4 a demolition derby!!!!!!

Sean
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 11:03AM
I must admit that the main reason I have never participated in the tour (besides being out of the country quite a lot) is that I'm reluctant to get off my lazy arse on a saturday. I realise therefore that it is difficult for me to criticise as I don't support the tour myself. However I stand by my point that some comments made on this forum will not help the growth of a tour which I'm sure every pool player in Ireland wants to see successful. Having said that I must also say that I have heard from various people that every comp is very well run and very enjoyable to be a part of. With that in mind I'll try to have a few less pints on friday night and get up on sat morning to support the tour. (to see this Paddy v Willie grudge match if nothing else)

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2005 01:36PM
Hi Everybody

I know I have only met u all a couple of times and found you all a very nice bunch, but I do think all the recent stuff could be very easily mis-interpretated, by not only new players keen to take up our sport who could be discouraged by this, but also people from outside Ireland reading this site who dont know the people involved very well. I really do believe that some of the comments (said in jest or otherwise) does reflect very badly on the sport of Irish 9 Ball in general and I feel we should all consider this before putting things on this forum.

Just my opinion, no offence intended to anybody, and I look forward to seeing u all soon at an event, maybe some of u in Holland as I will be there also.

Regards

Fred

(IP Logged)

Date: February 15, 2005 02:23AM
HI Paddy

Bring your bra and your cue!

See you soon.

P.S. What do you mean by Flattered? behave yourself, well not when we're in Holloand anyway! LOL.

I'm too old for this, I'm going back to sleep, Not!

Goto Page:12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here