club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
feed back club 9
Date: September 12, 2006 05:23AM

Club 9,
would like to thank those players from far and wide who travelled last weekend to Club 9 in Belfast for the EPT Qualifier's, Club 9 works to achieve the best standards for the players and the event but realize that we can always improve,we would greatly like your feedback positive or negative on how we can move forward with new ideas from the most important people, which is you the players,it may be start times or format, it could be something that you have experienced at other tournaments that could enhance Club 9's event, whatever the idea Club 9 would like to hear from you,if you could please respond to this thread with your ideas Club 9 will pick out the from the feedback a winning idea,the winner will receive a mystery prize for your idea. By listening to the players, Club 9 in association with the players seeks to break new boundries in the world of Pool in Ireland.

many thanks
club 9 sports ed
"keep it real and live the Dream"

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: feed back club 9
Date: September 12, 2006 10:31AM
How about a singles league or a qualifier for an IPT qualifier???

what do you think?????

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 12, 2006 10:36AM
I don't think that there's much more if any improving that can be done, than what you guys are already working on in many ways smiling smiley

League and Events are well run and organized.

Championship tables to play on with a good amount of playing room between each table.

A nice and relaxing atmosphere to play in.

Also playing in a club that is owned and managed by good and friendly staff, who are pool players themselves and always give the best effort to keep Club 9 a room for the players.

Free Tea/Coffee all day everyday

Good Car Parking

Hot Food Available with a garage right next to the venue.

In house cue alteration/repairs service and also pool cues to order also available smiling smiley

What more could a pool player ask for?

If you really know much about pool in any way, then you would understand just how good this room truely is smiling smiley

In fact, I say wholeheartedly of the experience of all my years playing pool, that Club 9 is undoubtedly the best room in Ireland and there is no-one else that can convince me otherwise, Period! smiling smiley

I hope that this feedback helps in some way or another smiling smiley

Willie

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: September 12, 2006 10:38AM
Now that's something to definitely consider Paddy, nice one buddy smiling smiley, that would just make a great room even better smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 12, 2006 11:04AM
have u an email willie????

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 12, 2006 11:39AM
a break run tournament would be a laugh!!!!

club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date: September 13, 2006 02:56AM

great idea Paddy, that's great feedback,were having a meeting tonight on your proposal,and your name goes into the hat,but keep those ideas coming,but it could also be an idea that helps the individual player as well think on.........
cheers
sports ed

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: September 13, 2006 07:27AM
what about sending players a sms-text message to their mobiles to let them knowa couple of days in advance about tournaments that are about to happen...cos i know a couple of players that dont have access to computers

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 13, 2006 07:38AM
that already is done paul!!!! any numbers joe has, a text does be sent a few days before hand about the upcoming event!!

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: September 13, 2006 09:13AM
i havent been sent a text yet.....

club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date: September 13, 2006 11:34AM

It's a good point that you raised Paul, our text data base will be updated this week,maybe there is others players that we assume that are on our text datbase but they are not,we'll send you a text to confirm your details are updated asap.........

thanks
sports ed

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: September 14, 2006 07:56AM
yea i think a txt before a tournament is a great idea i went down on saturday wit paddy and manny but i wud like to recieve txts. also under 15 tournaments in 8ball and 9ball shud be run in club 9 for juniors

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: September 15, 2006 04:35AM
Hi Sports Ed,
How about a Ten Ball Tourney in Club9? Harder patterns and run outs, more difficult to make a ball on the break, more kickshots, safety exchanges, the mind boggles! Think about it, a first for pool in Ireland, UK and maybe even Europe!! In my limited experience of the pool world I've yet to hear of a Ten Ball Tourney in these shores, we might even attract more 8ball exponents. Somebody is going to do it sometime, why don't we get in first at our own club? Obviously different rules etc but that's where Sam and Joe come in with their vast knowledge of American pool sports. Give it some thought and let me know.

Cheers,
Stephen

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: September 15, 2006 05:39AM
I don't know about club-9 sports ed, but I like your idea jonty. I love 10-BALL & it's hard to make a ball of the hop! GOOD ONE!!!!!!1

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: September 15, 2006 06:31AM
ronnie has played a couple of ten ball tournaments a couple of seasons ago in the pin tavern in letterkenny stevie

club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date: September 15, 2006 08:37AM

Thanks Stephen this is what we want, excellent out of the box idea, pushing new boundries,being the first and setting the standards,you've ticked alot of positives, this has been put on priority for the next meeting,great idea,and your name is in the hat for the mystery prize,but keep those ideas coming..................

cheers
sports ed

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: September 16, 2006 02:49AM
How about a turnament that involves players playing for money from their pocket. ie: each player arrives with say 100 and plays numerous money matches throughout the day. The last two standing then play off in a final, with the winner recieving the majority of the prize fund, and second recieving a fair bit too. You could call it the Hustle bustle! Also its the two players choice of what game to play and say minimum bet is 10 and races to 7 maximum!

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date: September 17, 2006 03:25AM
Hustle bustle, what another great idea Chris,I'll get the team to look at this one asap and get some feedback,maybe you could direct the event since it is your idea,what do you think Chris ?

that's another name into the hat for the mystery prize.............

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: September 21, 2006 06:49AM
Yeah sure, im good at organising things like that! It'd be great crack!

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

club9 sports reporter
(IP Logged)

Date: September 25, 2006 04:53AM

fantastic,I'll be in contact well get together soon and draw up a plan of action.
good man.
club 9 sports ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here