RB
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Tour Announcement:
Date: July 31, 2006 08:24AM

Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour are announcing the following details and changes which will be taking place on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour.

SHOT-TIME:
After a great 2006 All Ireland 9Ball Pool Championships at the weekend past which had a great turn out of players, a good high standard of play, and a great champion who won it, the tournament still seen some slow matches run on to late throughout the event so the tour will now be introducing a shot clock in some individual matches in all tournaments where the organisers thinks its needed.

Each player will get 50 seconds when he goes to the table and after 20 seconds the shot clock time keeper will call 30 seconds remaining. If the player doesn't take his shot inside this time the time keeper will call foul and the on coming player will have ball in hand.

DUBLIN 8 & 9 BALL TOURNAMENTS:
Its looking like the Dublin American 8Ball and Dublin 9Ball Tournaments which is advertised for Saturday 26th August 2006 will be changed to TJ's American Pool Club, Newry...........more details on this change of date will be posted here on this forum shortly.

STALLS AT TOUR EVENTS:
I would just like to let everyone one know if there interested in setting up a stall at tournaments on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour they must go through the tour and get in contact with myself on 07776365059 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059 or email irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk

With the tour about to move into Hotels shortly it would be great to have these stalls at all tour events for the players which could be selling cues, cases, accessories, fixing tips, making cues, tour polo shirts or whatever.

If anyone sets up any kind of stall without going through the tour they will be asked to leave and will be banned from furthur events.....after all its Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour who sets down the rules for all events.

COACHING:
Players who are interested in the coaching course with Rico Diks please get in contact with me a.s.ap. as places are filling up fast.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: Tour Announcement:
Date: July 31, 2006 10:47AM
this rule should be in every match!!!!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: July 31, 2006 02:04PM
I agree with paddy 1000%^_^, 9ball is a naturally fast game and it's definitely something that would be great to see on the tour smiling smiley

I'm glad to see how much things have improved since I've been away and it can only get better smiling smiley, nice one guys smiling smiley

The idea for the stalls is another good idea too and definitely something that would give tournaments more of a professional appeal to them, both from a players, spectators and promotional point of view smiling smiley

Keep up the good work smiling smiley

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 31, 2006 04:53PM
i aint gona mention names but some of the players deliberately play slow to annoy there opponent and it just isnt right!!!! if they wana play slow go play chess!!!!

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: July 31, 2006 05:00PM
also i think the shot time is 45 seconds on tv!!! am i right willie????

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 01:46AM
I believe that you are good sir^_^, BTW congrats on getting onto the TV stages of the Norweigian event buddy^_^, I hope to see you again soon and have you a good few racks, just to see exactly how much you have improved^_^

I do remember though, that the Mosonic Cup had a shot clock in '95? it was a 24 second shot clock, which was waaaaay better because it meant that the guy who knew what his pattern or next shot should be, would have a better chance instead of taking more time than really needed over a shot^_^

The 50 seconds though is good though to start with to get alot of guys used to it, but I must admit that a 40 seconds would be just about perfect, but either way, I'm happy to go with the flow^_^

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 03:08AM
50 seconds is 2 long to be honest

destroyer
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 03:33AM
Hi Guys

Ronnie - Can you confirm if the venue change for the end of August is definite? I'm coming over with 7 or 8 mates and we've all booked flights to dublin and hotels too.

Cheers

Davy.

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 03:38AM
Hi Davy^_^, How's it cookin chef?^_^

I agree with you again Paddy, a shorter time limit would be best because I think that you would agree that when players get to a certain level, it's a point that they don't really need to take lots of time over a shot that doesn't require it, I would be happy with a 30 second shot clock, that's a bit better. but it's Ronnie's call on this one, but yes, I agree with you on that Paddy 1000%^_^

Willie

P.S. I would like to wish everyone the best of luck in Dublin and I look forward to hearing of the results, Good Luck Everyone^_^

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 08:19AM
I hope this isnt a bite at the stall which Joe set up in Frames cos i thought it was great that someone actually made the effort to give accessories to people during matches. Im not being cheeky but I just dont want things to get out of hand with tit for tat between The All Ireland Tour and Tournaments that are set up in Club Nine.

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 08:45AM

Chris please read what i have stated on the above post and then let it set in.

Any player or any person is more than welcome to set up a stall of any kind at any of the tour events which can be only good for the tour, but they must get the go ahead from Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour.

Hope you take this in because i can't explain it any simpler for you, and by the way nobody is haven ago at anyone just letting you no the ruling and the facts on this matter.

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 09:04AM
I would just like to say I think the Shot Clock to speed up slow matches is an excellent idea and is in keeping with what the EPBF do. In the European Championships if there are matches delaying the event, a referee can introduce a shot clock.

I think Paddy your suggestion about it being on every match, overlooks the need for up to 10 people to give up their Saturday afternoon to stand around with stop-watches. Maybe you know such people? Or maybe you'll give up your time to do it?

Shot clocks have pros and cons. Personally they don't bother me in the slightest. But if you look at what happened at last years Mosconi you can see some of the pitfalls.

I will impart some wisdom though. Admitting you have a serious problem playing against slow players may not make them play any faster. I suspect you, and the other person who admitted it on another thread, may have this problem for a while yet. Not the sharpest thing to do smiling smiley

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 09:08AM
well if theres a stop clock that would make the game so much better

Post Edited (08-01-06 18:10)

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 09:18AM
well there wont be a problem of deliberate slow play if theres a shot clock

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 09:20AM
At the recent IPT event in Vegas, in an early round, Thorsten said Earl was trying to shark him, by saying he was playing slow. Thorsten beat Earl 8-3, and as we all know went on to win the biggest prize in Pool - $350,000.

Don't know what relevance this has with the thread but a nice story all the same smiling smiley

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 01, 2006 09:23AM
it has no relevance!!!! im talking about the irish tour nothing else!!!

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2006 03:56AM
"I will impart some wisdom though. Admitting you have a serious problem playing against slow players may not make them play any faster. I suspect you, and the other person who admitted it on another thread, may have this problem for a while yet. Not the sharpest thing to do smiling smiley"

i raised an issue about shot clocks on this forum on 26-9-05 gareth if thats what you mean?
some players are naturally slower players than others...that doesnt make them any better or worse for it...

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2006 04:26AM
I totally agree with you Paul. Just because a player plays at a quicker or slower tempo than another, doesn't make him any better or worse. And there is no excuse for 'deliberate' time wasting.

My point was that a player admitting they have a problem with someone playing slow against him, isn't the smartest thing to do. Itís a bit like saying to your opponent before a match "I'm lousy at jumping" or "I can't handle long pots". Its a tough enough game without giving your opponent an unnecessary advantage.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2006 07:53AM
I agree with you also Paul on that point, for me though, 9ball is a naturally fast game and I find that there are players out there, that treat 9ball as a frame of snooker, judging by the amount of time they take, now I don't mind this because sometimes I tend to slow down a little myself, but I do think that to have a shot clock is indeed better because it will save the problem of slow running matches that are holding back the tournament^_^

if it were the finals and it was tied 7-7 in a race to eleven, then you wouldn't mind the match taking the little touch longer because of the importance of the match, but as important as every other match is in a tournament, it makes no sense to take more time over a shot than really needed, I think that it's mostly down to ability, knowledge and confidence^_^

What do you guys think?^_^

Willie

Timo_Rautiainen
(IP Logged)

Date: August 09, 2006 06:51AM
I'll agree with Paul's post about every player has his/her own tempo of play.

If you read any article from professional coaches. They all say that try to keep your normal tempo as well as possible. Don't go hasting, don't take too much time cause it might make you insecure.

Speed pool is when you need to play with tempo and against shot clock. But thats another topic then.

I don't have anything against shot clocks. But like Gareth said, who you will get standing by the table with clock.

Tho this was used in when I played table tennis. When you lost a match. You needed to referee one match. And no one protested. But you didn't need to do it more than just one. Unless you didn't lose any games.

-- Timo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here