Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
All Ireland Inter County 8-Aside Team Championships:
Date: June 22, 2006 06:10AM

Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool will be presenting the following American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tournaments along with other Poker & Darts tournaments in Mahon's Hotel Irvinestown Co. Fermanagh from Friday 29th September ---Sunday 1st October 2006.

POOL
Friday 29th Sep @ 7pm: Star of the Future Under-18 American 8Ball Pool Championships.
Saturday 30th Sep @ 11am: All Ireland Inter County 8-Aside 9Ball Team Championships.
Sunday 1st Oct @ 12noon: Fermanagh American 8Ball Open Pool Championships.

DARTS:
Friday 29th Sep @ 8pm: Men's, Ladies, & Junior Individual Darts Flyer.
Saturday 30th @ 1pm: Fermanagh Open Individual Pub Players Darts Championships.
Sunday 1st Oct @ 2pm: Fermanagh Open Darts Doubles Championships.

POKER:
Friday 29th Sep @ 8pm: Heads Up Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament (limited to 32 players).
Saturday 28th Sep @ 8pm: Open Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament. (only one buy inn).

Information:
Tel: 07776365059 or from Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059
Email: irelandsamericancuesports@yahoo.co.uk

RB
(IP Logged)

Re: All Ireland Inter County 8-Aside Team Championships:
Date: August 28, 2006 12:23PM

Just reminding all players & captains to get there teams sorted out for this weekend which sees the very first tournament on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Tour taking place in a Hotel.

The 8man teams who has said they where entering is as follows:

Tyrone (A)
Tyrone (cool smiley
Dublin
Down
Donegal
Meath
Antrim

We're still waiting on Derry the champions for the last 3years and Sligo. Closing date is one week before the event which will see the draw made for the above and the Captains cup.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: August 28, 2006 12:32PM
i will have the team names for this weekend!!!! also has ireland been awarded a spot for the world championship????

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 29, 2006 02:34AM
ronnie we are entering a derry team to try and defend our title....
But to be honest there were quite a few players that i know off (albeit they were all from the derry team) that were not happy about the amount of money taken out of the prize money...to pay for the captains cup (which i won).....think that was the last match ive won too by the way....
maybe it was because they didnt know about the captains cup being played (which i never knew about ...even though the team dont believe me apparently)..... this is one reason we werent going to enter a team.....all our players falling out and not trusting each other etc.....
.i know of a few derry players still read this forum even though they arent as active on the pool table as they used to be ...so just to let them know....I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE CAPTAINS CUP UNTIL THAT DAY IT WAS PLAYED!!!
maybe the captains cup prize money could be raised another way?
2 years ago after we won the 8man event we got derry players that werent playing in the team saying they should have been picked rather than other players (im sure each county has this problem too)
.so last year we held qualifiers to find out the strongest 8 man team....i think we had 22 players and we all had to play each other to find the strongest 8 players...so out of this it turned out the money raised went towards the teams entry fee and each player also got a meal on the day .

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: August 29, 2006 04:06AM
Paul the reason the money is taken out of the entry fees for the captains cup is because its to to reward the captain of each team who put in the effort (including yourself) to get the 8-aside county team up and running, making phone calls, organising transport etc.

Maybe im wrong but i don't think anyother team have this problem with their captain (once again i might be wrong).

I still believe this is a fair give back to all captains like yourself who put in the effort to get all the County teams set-up.

It will still stay the same way this year again and if you want to put back the prize-money you won last year or this years prize-money back into your team or play-off for another player to take on the captains roll its fine with me.

As far as i know all other teams think this is a good idea rewarding the hard work each captain takes on to get 8-aside county team set-up.

Ronnie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 01:06AM
Hi Ronnie
Could you clarify some points for the Inter County Champs namely:

Entrance fee per team.

Playing format.

Prize money.

Captains Cup prize money and playing format.

I myself disagree with playing a captains cup comp because I thinks it lengthens an already long day (and getting longer), also, why take money out of the prize fund when, if there must be a captains cup each team can pay the entrance fee separately for their own captain as reward for all their hard work as it was put. I realise that having never played in this tourney before then who am I to try and change the format of past years but it seems that the onus is leaning toward the captains cup rather than the team champs as it is in the tournament diary.

Cheers Ronnie

Stephen

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 02:11AM

Stephen im sorry if this doesn't suit you either but this is the format and the rules for the last few years and it will be the same for this year as well.

I don't want to get into any debate on the forum over this but anything you want to no the above you can give me a call on 07776365059.

chat soon

Ronnie

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 02:27AM
Ronnie, how many tables are there going to be at the venue?

the 8man team event is it going to be a round robin as before or a straight knockout?

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 03:57AM
Ronnie
It is not a case of suiting me or anyone else, nor do I want any debate on the subject, it is just my own personnal point of view. I look forward to play in this event as much as every other on the tour and I am certainly not trying to knock anything that has been organised it is just an opinion. I am fully comitted to the Irish Tour as I think everyone knows. Can I ask you to read my questions in the above post and reply please?

Many thanks Ronnie,

Stephen

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 04:08AM

A email has already been sent out to you regarding your questions and the weekends event as well as other members and full details will be posted hear shortly.

Ronnie

Stephen
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 04:08AM
Cheers Ronnie, just checked email, got all the info needed. Any info on prices for B&B at Mahons would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 07:01AM
[www.mahonshotel.co.uk]

p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 07:14AM
taken from their web site:

Room Type 1st Night Rate

Double or Twin Room 100.00

Double Bedded Room with En-suite 100.00

Family Room with One Double Bed and One Single Bed 100.00

Twin Bedded Room 100.00

Double or Twin Room Deluxe Double B&B 70.00

Double Bedded Room with En-suite 70.00

Family Room with One Double Bed and One Single Bed 70.00

Twin Bedded Room Deluxe Double B&B 70.00

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 09:03AM
Stephen i got speaking to Joe Mahon the owner of the Hotel and the rate for the pool, dart, & poker players for that weekend is as follows.

Old Rooms: 25 pps - pn

New Rooms: 32.50 pps - pn

He also tells me the Hotel is nearly booked up so if anyone is interested in staying call 02868621656 to secure your booking.

Ronnie

cjh
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2006 10:37PM
I just call the hotel, and they are fully booked for the 29th and 30th sad smiley

Are there any other places nearby that people could recommend?

thx,

Ch

"Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!"

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: September 01, 2006 10:43PM

Yes there are lots of places in around the area, the next best is Cissy Mc Ginty's its a bar with about 16-20 rooms (i tkink) and its just on the main street around the corner from the hotel.

If you phone the hotel they will give you the number.

Ronnie

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: September 05, 2006 01:40PM

There will be 64 players taking part in the first ever event being staged in a hotel on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour.

The following 8 teams that will be competing in the 2006 All Ireland Inter County 8-Aside 9Ball Team Championships is as follows.

Derry (holders)

Dublin

Meath

Donegal

Sligo

Down

Antrim

Tyrone

NOTE:
The format will be changed from a straight knockout to two groups of four played in a round robin format with each match playing a race to 11 and the top two teams will play off in the final.

This format will see all teams playing at the one time which meants no teams will be sitting around waiting for a match.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: September 06, 2006 09:46AM
Hi Ronnie

Dont know if it's possible with time etc but would it not be better having 2 Qualify from each group, winner playing runner up in other group in a semi final this would mean more play? Dont know if original idea is better but just an Idea?

See you soon

Fred

RB
(IP Logged)

Date: September 06, 2006 10:27AM
If we have the time im all for it because i always like players that are travelling get plenty of games.

Ronnie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: September 06, 2006 11:39AM
i would have to agree with you fred on this one!!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here